Darts Buddy

News of the World Darts - Fred Allot
Just got off the phone with Fred, I purchased a set of silver darts from him but he's mislaid them as he's moving and his son has boxed up a lot of the stuff (hopefully they turn up!)

Turns out the darts were actually Fred's, he even played at Ally Pally! in the 70's (think he said 1973 or 75 if anyone can confirm that??)

He's having a clear out of all his old stuff, and mentioned he had a load of New's of the world stuff he would send me when he finds it.
(Sadly, he chucked out a news of the world tankered thinking no one would want it).
Nice one - don't forget to post piccies of it all when it turns up
Will do.

He's a lovely old fella, was saying that he was put up in a hotel for finals at ally pally and they all got taken out for a 'players meal' and by the time they got back, he only had time for 1 pale ale before being drawn to go on first!
Said he really didn't play well as he never had time to warm up.
Was that the set that was on ebay the other day for £70 buy it now? I saw them but didn't have the cash in my account or I would have gone for them as well lol.
(10-23-2013, 12:47 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Was that the set that was on ebay the other day for £70 buy it now? I saw them but didn't have the cash in my account or I would have gone for them as well lol.

That's the ones.
They had only been on there for an hour or so, I was honestly surprised they hadn't gone straight away at that price.
(had been on there for an hour or so), just lucky that I happened to have a quick look on my phone app whilst waiting for the kettle to boil lol

Hopefully he finds them in all his boxes!
I'm sure they'll turn up.
These -

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I saw them about 5 minutes after they got put up - if I had a credit card I would have nabbed them straight away, but I only use a debit card and don't get paid until this Friday. Nice little bargain you got there Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I picked up some NOTW programmes for £10 buy it now the other day as I knew I had that in the account - a couple of those were signed by some of the players. I also got a World Masters programme with loads of signatures on from the same guy for a fiver lol
Great when you get a nice bargain!
It's nice that the stuff is worth something, but hopefully I never have to sell my collection.
Would be nice to pass it on.... although I have a daughter and I'm not sure she'll be interested in old darts when she's grown up lol
Your a jammy begger Stu!

I paid a fair bit more than that for my set Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice one though!

Its good when you catch a good deal on Ebay, I checked some of his other items, looks like he is into model trains or something. Would be nice to get some of his story.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(10-23-2013, 01:38 PM)stuart180 Wrote: Great when you get a nice bargain!
It's nice that the stuff is worth something, but hopefully I never have to sell my collection.
Would be nice to pass it on.... although I have a daughter and I'm not sure she'll be interested in old darts when she's grown up lol

I know my daughter isn't interested in darts - I told her she would have the lot when I die and she just said she would sell it all (not that she would get a great deal for my collection anyway lol)
Tell her I will give her £50 for the lot Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

She would probably accept that as well lol
haha, thats good, for me that is Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great buy Stuart, If he sends you any stuff make sure you post it on here.
As for confirmation of the year 1975..Here's a scan of the fella from my programme for you..Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

And sad as it seems lol, This is the players menu for the day...I really must get a life

Incidently Mike what year was the programmes

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  News Of The World medals mc1958 8 300 10-09-2020, 10:35 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Mega Rare - News of World find. stuart180 60 16,160 03-12-2019, 01:22 AM
Last Post: Kevin Bell
  News of the world darts championship Shed inn 2 999 01-16-2018, 08:43 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  news of the world title: why so lowly rated??? NiteEyez 28 7,360 07-17-2017, 08:37 PM
Last Post: Sir_Chjaka
  News Of The World Darts Area Finalist Programmes shafted 12 6,103 04-28-2017, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Little Hutch
  My own Silver News Of The World Darts Getagrip 12 6,964 04-28-2017, 05:44 AM
Last Post: The G
  News of the world lighter Hackett180 6 2,499 04-27-2017, 09:00 PM
Last Post: double tops
  News Of The World Treble 20 Guild badge Getagrip 14 9,416 11-22-2016, 05:43 PM
Last Post: Andy Notman
  News of the world silver trophy Double1 6 1,422 07-21-2016, 04:49 PM
Last Post: shafted
  Eric Bristow's pre-finals News of the World matches needed philezra 0 1,007 10-21-2015, 10:32 PM
Last Post: philezra