Target Darts.

heavy darts whats your experience
My 25 and 26g darts bury themselves in the board. They land so hard, it is ridiculous. If they hit the spider, they leave huge craters. I call them board wreckers. I seem to have settled at 20g. I would be more likely to go down from that than up.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thunk, thunk, thunk, walk, chalk, pull, turn, walk, turn, repeat...

I 've had good times with my Masterdarts VvdV 26g. Trusty dart, flew straight, helped me a lot with establishing a basic technique.

Stopped using them at a point because i thought they were tiring.

The truth is that the dart was fine. Any darts will tire you if you are playing a lot of hours per day Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ignore the "how you are doing it" in favor of "where you are sending it."
Can go up to 27g Lowe, Sigma but some barrels feel to heavy at 27g
may all the doubles be with you

I have a set of 30g Puma's, Lowe style (bombers) and I really, really want to like them but they chronically land below my target and I have trouble grouping them. Tey're not hard to grip and throw, just hard to aim, if that makes sense.

My match darts are 25g straight barrel and that seems to be my ideal weight but I'm really beginning to like my 17g Shot! darts.
I started out in the 28-31 range and have since dropped way down in weight to where I'm throwing 22 - 23g. Much more consistent, groupings are considerably tighter etc.

I tried throwing the 29s a few days ago and thought I was going to knock the board off the wall. My wife thought I had put a hole in the wall. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Had a few throws with my uncles 46g darts (didnt know the brand)... If i wanted a work out id go to a gym. Not for me.
The heavier the dart the sooner I bust up my elbow.
it starts from 24 grams.
I find 23/24g is my comfortable range any heavier and my elbow plays up. Can go down to 18g and still play fair.
A good 95% of the turns I've thrown have been with 26g darts. Every 180 I've ever thrown has been with 26gs.

I owned a set of 32gs once. I consistently hit the 19s with those at an almost professional level, but had no accuracy with the top half of the board at all.

Abit of a old thread I’ve came across but felt like I should reply to it.

As Ryan searle is slowly becoming my favourite player on the tour with his effortless and smooth throw, I bought a set of his loxley darts and loved the weight but not the grip. Took a punt on these Designa spectres 32g (may do a detailed review soon) and have not looked back. My slow arm speed suits them to the point where I can literally place them Into the board and have repointed them With 38mm points so there’s plenty of space for good grouping. I find them easy to grip due to the thickness and with arm fatigue it’s just like everything once you get used to it then it stops after a while.

Defos recommend a heavy dart for someone who has never tried them, you just never know I never thought I would like them but I love them. 
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I am not new to darts but very new to the heavies.  Reviewing my collection accumulated over 35 years and the sets range from 21g Jackals up to 27g Harrows Assassins that used to be my “warm up darts” before dialing back to my 25’s for games. 

After my recent resurgence with darts, and my acquaintance with Loxley, I too became curious about 30g+ darts.  Picked up a couple of cheap sets on eBay (30g Piranhas and 32g Assassins) And I have to admit, I have been LOVING them so far!  What an easy toss and, I almost instantly feel as if I can hit anything I choose, where my lighter darts always seem like they need to be convinced to fly where I want but only after heated negotiations.

My aesthetic preferences have been limited to either razor thin darts like the Piranahas and the new Loxley robins darts or bomber style darts with a nice bulb at the front of a skinny barrel. I now am really enjoying the chunky thickness of these heavy weight Assassins, 8mm wide throughout. Great grip on that too.  Anyway... I feel kinda like I am on the outskirts of some sort of seductive, perverted cult here!

Who makes the best 40g darts?!?

Help me before I have to start reinforcing the walls of my house!