Shot Darts

Can you think of a new format for darts competitions?
Soft Tip has a lot of games that can be played whereas in PDC and BDO steel tip comps it tends to be just 01 games with the exception of the Pentathlon I believe, which I never knew until recently that they still played.

I would like to see the PDC start a similar comp to that, I think it would make good viewing. Maybe they should also have a steel tip Cricket format too, would be good to see something different I think.

What format would you choose if given the choice?
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The jockey wilson cup 1001 is gone too. It was a little bit boring mind
I would to see for a tournament Loser Bracket and winner bracket,First all are in the Winner's Bracket if you loose u go to the loser bracket and the final are the winner of each bracket

Hope you understund what i mean XD
The Cricket addition would help a lot IMO.
(10-05-2013, 05:52 PM)*Saber* Wrote: The Cricket addition would help a lot IMO.

Anything that involves throwing at more than one number would be a huge change for the sport.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

(10-05-2013, 05:35 PM)Eslotes Wrote: I would to see for a tournament Loser Bracket and winner bracket,First all are in the Winner's Bracket if you loose u go to the loser bracket and the final are the winner of each bracket

Hope you understund what i mean XD

sort of understand you.

I think there is a vast amount of games that can be played on a dartboard and you can even make up new ones, but I dont expect anything to usurp the 01 game as such but would be nice to have something a little different just for a one off tournament, it would have to be easily understand for the viewers though and still remain exciting.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cricket blows. Look at what it's done for darts in the USA.

I'd like to see a steel tip competition using full bull and master's out like they have for Dartslive. It's harder then you think and the outs are COMPLETELY different. Makes you think a bit (a lot).
That might work, I think some players such as Whitlock are great Bull hitters, he could be a good bet to win.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I would like Top 64 players Doubles, Random Pairs each round.Winners play each other for title
180-1(33)

(10-06-2013, 12:42 AM)Cyanide Wrote: Cricket blows.
^^^^^hahaha here in Australia if somthing "BLOWS" it means its no good^^^^^
Just saying is all

(10-06-2013, 10:35 AM)Troll Wrote: I would like Top 64 players Doubles, Random Pairs each round.Winners play each other for title
I agree, you dont see to many doubles games do you.

would a round the board on doubles and triples, or a bull shootout be boring?
MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's
I like Trolls idea, maybe have a selection of games and one team gets to decide what games they play

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Also Bull eye finish only
180-1(33)

25 is a finish
23gr Raymond Van Barneveld WC black
(10-06-2013, 12:56 PM)Troll Wrote: Also Bull eye finish only

that would mean they have to leave 50 every time, that wouldn't work.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(10-06-2013, 04:13 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(10-06-2013, 12:56 PM)Troll Wrote: Also Bull eye finish only

that would mean they have to leave 50 every time, that wouldn't work.

But maybe only in sudden death leg
180-1(33)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Open Darts competitions??? Damien Dalton 2 203 09-04-2019, 06:23 AM
Last Post: mc1958
Tongue 1 Leg format thurgood107 6 508 07-28-2019, 09:38 PM
Last Post: JB_Fraser
  Blind Draw Doubles Tournament Format derrickyoung 4 301 01-31-2019, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Crusher17