Unicorn

My Dad and the TV Remote
I look after me Dad who is 80 and has numerous health problems, many heart attacks, mini strokes, diabetes and COPD. But he is getting a bit forgetful now, but I cant help but laugh sometimes.

This morning I was just about to get a shower when I heard the phone ringing but it was the internal ring when you push the button to make internal calls.

Something is wrong I thought.

I go into the living room to see my Dad pick up one of the phones and he says "Hello?"

He puts it down then carries on doing what he must have been doing before he answered the phone.

He stands there with the other cordless phone in his hand pointing it at the TV and pressing the internal call button.

The other phone rings again.

He picks it up and says "Hello?"

"What are you doing?" I say

"There's no bugger there!" he says, as he puts the phone back, "and this bloody telly won't switch off!" he says, pointing the other phone at the TV.

LOL I had to laugh though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Aww bless, wait until he puts the washing down the toilet!! Enjoy your time with him, you have only one Dad :-)
(09-20-2013, 04:41 PM)rabsmith2 Wrote: Aww bless, wait until he puts the washing down the toilet!! Enjoy your time with him, you have only one Dad :-)

LOL Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
God bless him - and put those batteries back in the TV remote ya git Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Good one Grip. My late father-in-law lived to within two months of his 85th birthday. He had some of those type moments once he passed 82 or so. He lived 160 miles away up in central Louisiana in Cajun country. The last 18 months of his life found me spending lots of time helping him for days and sometimes weeks at a time. The last 2 years he battled cancer and needed lots of treatments, got weak and needed help doing even the simplest things for a time.

Sometimes it was trying, but I look back at the time we spent together and cherish every moment of it, the good along with the not so good. I looked at him like he was my father since they were both born the same year, only 1 month apart. Unfortunately, my dad died at age 35 just prior to my 9th birthday. Enjoy your time with him. I only wish I had more time with mine to get to know him as a man.
Your Dad died young!, thats a shame Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

LOL grip, I did almost this same exact thing the other day. I had the cordless phone in my room (which I actually never use) I wasn't looking and grab what I thought was my tv remote, it was after all in the spot I keep my remote. I hit the button to get the on screen menu and nothing happens. So I blindly hit it again only to realize I had the phone in my hand. So your dad might not be as bad as you think. That or I am losing it a bit.

It is good you are spending some time with your dad no matter how you spend it. Let's face it when something is funny, it's funny. I have an odd way at looking at life and death it wierds people out or gets them angry but it is how I feel and see things and for me there is nothing wrong with that.
yeah, your going senile too lol!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Surely Larry does this on a regular basis
(09-20-2013, 08:23 PM)USMC80 Wrote: Surely Larry does this on a regular basis

And he wonders why his automatic garage door goes up and down when watching TV.
(09-20-2013, 08:23 PM)USMC80 Wrote: Surely Larry does this on a regular basis
just did it !!! now stop torturing him and put back the batteries in the remote Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
That story is very amusing but unfortunately fictional, the clue here for this false tail is stated below. How gullible do you think I am Darren?
(09-20-2013, 04:21 PM)Getagrip Wrote: This morning I was just about to get a shower
Anyway im off, the globetrotters are playing a PDC event.

p.s. did you actually make it to the shower?
MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's
Grip stinks to high heaven, don't believe me? ask USMC80 ! or better yet Rocky
(09-21-2013, 01:25 AM)DIRTY G Wrote: That story is very amusing but unfortunately fictional, the clue here for this false tail is stated below. How gullible do you think I am Darren?
(09-20-2013, 04:21 PM)Getagrip Wrote: This morning I was just about to get a shower
Anyway im off, the globetrotters are playing a PDC event.

p.s. did you actually make it to the shower?

Well I pulled the cord, but when I sniffed my pits I thought "nah, there is another 6 months worth yet"

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

cold shiver!!!
MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's