Target Darts.

How to remove a broken darts stem - shaft
Here is another short video showing you how to remove a broken stem, one is an easy one to remove and the other is a difficult one which needs another method, once again hope it is useful for beginners to darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great video! Now you need to make the MacGyver version -- in a dark pub with no stove and no tools while drunk. :-)
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

I find heating the screwdriver & pushing into the broken plastic stem to make a slot similar to a wood screw head slot,remove & cool screwdriver tip, leave a couple of minutes for the plastic to cool & re harden, refit screwdriver in slot, & unscrew as per wood/set screw.
TIP: Do not press a screwdriver deep, that would expand the nylon and make it harder to get the broken stem out.
may all the doubles be with you

As I have played many soft tips I often had to remove broken points from the barrels. There were much more broken points than broken shafts. The ideal tool for doing it was a (really sharp) can opener on my swiss knife. Folks knew I always had one in my pocket so when anyone needed they usually asked me for help. No heating needed...

I believe it was a better tool than using the steel tip point itself but thinking about it now, having it happened while playing steel tips, the first idea would be using the first sharp thing you can get therefore the sharp point of the other dart might've come to mind probably. However, once you have tried the can opener there's no reason changing this way even if I had broken a shaft while playng steel tips (which I do 90% of my time).

BTW, I also believe there's more swiss knives among players than those original darts tools...
(02-22-2017, 05:09 PM)brenthahn Wrote: Great video!  Now you need to make the MacGyver version -- in a dark pub with no stove and no tools while drunk.  :-)

LOL yeah that would be a challenge Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-22-2017, 05:20 PM)Little al Wrote: I find heating the screwdriver & pushing into the broken plastic stem to make a slot similar to a wood screw head slot,remove & cool screwdriver tip, leave a couple of minutes for the plastic to cool & re harden, refit screwdriver in slot, & unscrew as per wood/set screw.

Is that not what I just done in the video?

(02-22-2017, 05:32 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: TIP: Do not press a screwdriver deep, that would expand the nylon and make it harder to get the broken stem out.

yes good point although I never push it in too far, just enough so I can turn it.

(02-22-2017, 07:00 PM)elevendarter Wrote: As I have played many soft tips I often had to remove broken points from the barrels. There were much more broken points than broken shafts. The ideal tool for doing it was a (really sharp) can opener on my swiss knife. Folks knew I always had one in my pocket so when anyone needed they usually asked me for help. No heating needed...

I believe it was a better tool than using the steel tip point itself but thinking about it now, having it happened while playing steel tips, the first idea would be using the first sharp thing you can get therefore the sharp point of the other dart might've come to mind probably. However, once you have tried the can opener there's no reason changing this way even if I had broken a shaft while playng steel tips (which I do 90% of my time).

BTW, I also believe there's more swiss knives among players than those original darts tools...

Basically that's what the proper tools are as shown in the video, just sharp blades.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great video!
thanks
Your welcome! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Wanna see the links... lOL
(06-15-2017, 12:39 AM)Levi Caparoz Wrote: Great video!
thanks

(10-11-2017, 06:04 AM)Quack94 Wrote: Wanna see the links... lOL

Ah, just need 5 posts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

If you have aluminium shaft, this is a good solution": https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-Tita...eLevelAB=0 used it several times
Nice. I have managed to remove only broken stem so far with first method but good to know about the second.
lucky for me ive only had to use method 1, would never had considered method 2 without watching the video
Glad to help guys Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow How to remove paint from darts EQUINOX 68 14,992 05-05-2019, 12:13 AM
Last Post: x-ring
  How to remove tungsten putty m1ghty 1 1,824 08-10-2015, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Regulatori
  Remove a broken shaft MrTinkertrain 11 4,555 11-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Last Post: Beacon_Darts