Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

My own Premier League
Just for fun I thought I'd set up a little premier league between all my different darts.  I've got 6 sets with vastly varying weights, thickness, lengths etc.  I play them directly against each other ie throw 3 darts with 1 set then grap the next set and throw 3 darts etc.

At first I thought it would be fun and interesting to see which dart wins the league but then started to wonder if changing sets every throw could actually ruin my game.  Then again, at my low level, my good scores come from good steady throws, not the darts I've got so I thought perhaps it might be a good opportunity to actually practice a smooth consistent throw, no matter what I've got in my hand.

What do you think?
I don't think it will ruin your game, it will only ruin it if you believe it will in my opinion. I've just gone through the stage of changing darts and I kept thinking "I hope i haven't made a bad choice" and other negative things, it completely ruined my game but eventually I just started to think differently, that it wasn't the dart but how hard I was trying to improve. After that I have gotten back to my old form almost, and now I can throw most darts pretty good, I picked up an old set of my dads for fun and after a few throws got a 180 and then with my new set I use now I got one not long afterwards, two different darts and I'm throwing quite similar. So since then I believe it isn't the dart but your mindset that will change your own game. But remember this is only my opinion others may disagree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I tend to agree Paddywaugh, most times its in my head.  Interesting though I've noticed that sometimes I'm throwing smoother with one set of darts in my hand compared to the other.  There's no reason this should be the case.

For interest, the competitors are: -
Unicorn Black Brass 26g
'Cheap' Brass 15g - often come standard with cheap darts boards
McCoy Max 22g Short Shafts
McCoy Max 22g Long Shafts
Winmau Whitlock 22g
Designa Hellraiser/Nodor Black Knight 21g
95% mental 5% dart maybe even smaller, because it does help to have a dart that's comfortable in your hands, and I've always wanted to try Whitlocks haha. It will be interesting which dart wins, And is one of those darts your normal darts you use?

The McCoys have been my dart of choice but normally with a medium shaft which why I've gone long and short to get some contrast.
When I was playing 2-3 years ago I was around a 46-48 avg but had a long break. Now I've picked up the darts again in the last month or so, I started about 32avg and was AWFUL but am slowly picking up my game, now often in the 40's and the odd game over 50 which is really where I'm aiming to be.
The tournament is only best of 4 legs which really is 8 legs thrown as I'm being both players, and that is enough for me each night. It will be 5 round robin rounds so everyone plays each other once except I'll be calling the McCoys long vs McCoys short a tie as I'm not swapping shafts each shot.
I'm part way into round 2 so far and interestingly its the Unicorn Black Brass leading the way, despite it feeling like I'm throwing logs, they seem to be scoring ok. The Whitlocks have produced the best match so far with a 51avg. Note they are the older Whitlocks rather than the new ones with the scallop.
I've been playing for a little over a year now and still have a lot to learn but my average is almost always mid 50s with the rarity of one over 60 and I'm aiming to get to over 60 average consistently by the end of the year. I'd like to here how it ends up going if your bothered to post it, do you know pro darter website

No I don't but was pretty involved in WDA in its infancy and run a few comps on the old darts corner forum

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk
So, what you're basically doing is pulling a Peter Wright move and playing with multiple sets of darts in a relatively short period of time.
I use pro darter to help practice because you can play training bots, and other people online without the webcam. But you have to trust them they put the right score in

(02-22-2017, 09:35 PM)Paddywaugh Wrote: I use pro darter to help practice because you can play training bots, and other people online without the webcam. But you have to trust them they put the right score in

Might check it out, thanks.

Edit: Was already registered and played a couple of games against the trainers early 2015. Might give it another go.
That's a nice idea Cobalt... I'd be interested to see how it pans out for you. Will you post us the weekly results?
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-23-2017, 01:51 AM)Cobalt765 Wrote:
(02-22-2017, 09:35 PM)Paddywaugh Wrote: I use pro darter to help practice because you can play training bots, and other people online without the webcam. But you have to trust them they put the right score in

Might check it out, thanks.

Edit: Was already registered and played a couple of games against the trainers early 2015. Might give it another go.

Yeah i like the 100 darts at practice game. I like to try and beat my score, makes it a bit competitive with yourself.

(02-23-2017, 01:57 AM)Swiiiitch Wrote: That's a nice idea Cobalt... I'd be interested to see how it pans out for you. Will you post us the weekly results?

Sure can. There's 3 matches per round so might post after each round which would be every 5-6 days I think. Hopefully can also post a 180 !!
Round 2 complete

Unicorn Black Brass 2 - 2 McCoy Max Long
Winmau Whitlock 3 - 1 Brass Light 15g
Black Knight 3 -1 McCoy Max Short

W  L   D
1 Winmau Whitlock 2 - 0 - 0
2 Unicorn Black Brass 1 - 0 - 1
3 Black Knight Long 1 - 1 - 0
4 Brass Light 1 - 1 - 0
5 McCoy Max Long 0 - 1 - 1
6 McCoy Max Short 0 - 2 - 0

This round the Whitlocks threw another 50+ average at 50.4.  Every other dart is averaging above 40.  The fact there are two players helps with the averages a bit as if you both on a double, you virtually have 6 darts to close out the leg and close out the averages.  

My usual darts are both at the bottom of the the ladder which is interesting.
Looks cool. Wish I had enough darts to do this haha