Target Darts.

Flat throw
Having spent some time focusing on following through on my throw, I'm now being told my throw looks very flat and hard.

Is that a good or bad thing?
I used to play darts with my Gran, and now I'm here. 
Do you think it's a good or bad thing and does it work for you? Don't see why it would be a bad thing really?
Have always gone by the 3 F's saying myself, Firm, Flat, Follow through.  If your throw is firm and doesn't strain any body part and you're relaxed doing so, then all's good and keep it going. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
So, you're saying your throw resembles that of Stephen Bunting, a pro that throws rather lightweight darts, but really fires them at the board.

I say not to worry if that style is working for you and you are happy with the results. If you watch people throw, you will see many different variations of throwing styles. There are guys that have a smooth as silk throw like Barney, Beaton or Hankey to guys like Bunting that seem to really propel the dart with considerable force.

Bottom line is, if it's working for you, then by all means don't worry about what other's are saying.
I came across Van Gerwen saying that his philosophy when he developed his throw was to get the dart to the board as hard and as quick as possible, so his cognitive process was reasoning that the dart has less time in the air to deviate from the trajectory towards the intended target.

I'd say that Michael is a hard flat thrower....
nothing wrong with a flat throw and it may even be the best style if you think about it logically, of course the affect of gravity means its never going to be perfectly flat but I think we already know that to be so but compared to a loopy style of throw I think the flatter thrower probably has a greater chance of been more accurate but as the others say if its naturally that way then just embrace it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
If it aint broke............lol
Slingin' for Satan 
The Devils hand.......
I will torment you
OTMAPP......FYW
If it works stick with it if you are getting the results you desire. My philosophy has always been if you can throw it harder all the better. The affects of flight drag and gravity are reduced. But any flaws in your throw cannot be compensated for by the dart or flight. So if you throw it softer the reverse is true of the dart and flight, more time, more time for it to correct itself. I find as I increase speed of my throw the more ragged my results. Slow it down groupings and scoring become better. Obviously my throw still needs some workGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

Would say Klaasen also has a firm flat throw that works for him think the same point is echoed that once you find something that works for you and is repeatable work on it until the muscle memory kicks in and it becomes second nature

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk