Darts Buddy

What I have learned since joining this forum...
Have been playing for 6 weeks, been a member of the forum for 7, and so far this is what I have figured out.

I got the bug after watching the world championship. Have always watched it, just never really thought about playing. The other (better) half said she used to enjoy playing, so I thought I will get her whiles she's vulnerable and asked if I could put up a board. Crazily enough she agreed.

I bought a GranBoard 2, a cheap set of Harrows brass darts from a retail outlet and went to town.

Since joining this forum, I have bought 8 more sets of darts, ranging from McCoy Max's, Designa Crusaders, a set of Target Colin Lloyd and even a Phil Taylor Gen 2.

I have learned that snatching is bad, bad, bad. I have learned that I like 18g darts, not 16g. I have learned with the soft tip, that I like kite or F shape flights. I have learned that I like short stems with 42mm barrels and tweenies with shorter barrels.

I have learned that grip wax doesn't work for me, and I prefer to rosin. That Fit Point Plus stick better than Lip points.

Since I have started, I have got my 501 average up to 79 on Pro-Darter (need a webcam), 91 playing bulls in 701 and averaging just under 3 marks playing cricket.

This forum has been a wealth of information, and thank you to all the contributors.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Lovely setup ,,, That's the way I like my soft tips setup,,, short and to the point,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
So how is your experience with the Gran Board,,,??
(02-20-2017, 12:58 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: So how is your experience with the Gran Board,,,??

I love it.. Enough variety in games to keep you interested, online play is great. Can also use the Vdarts app with it for more online opponents. GranBoard app has computer opponents that offer a good challenge.

With the Fit Point pluses... very few bounce outs... and I mean they are rare.
I've learnt that there are... out there.... in the mist & foggy haze of time and darting space.... these mystical beings, as if almost ghost-like, inter-dimensional wisps in the corner of ones vision out yonder in the ancient land over the horizon..............            that call it a -  Double-Bull.

................ Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I call it 25 and bull... is that socially acceptable?
(02-20-2017, 01:13 PM)Androooo Wrote: I call it 25 and bull... is that socially acceptable?

..........proper  :thumbup:
Good to hear you have learned something and are enjoying it Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

And your complete Darts NUTZ like the rest of us !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

That's a wealth of information you've taken on board. Keep at it!
Awesome to read, as a newbie to darts you tried stuff, found what works and didn't look for a quick fix, keep it up
(02-26-2017, 06:48 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Awesome to read, as a newbie to darts you tried stuff, found what works and didn't look for a quick fix, keep it up

Yep....exactly right.
Enjoyed your post- welcome!
8 more sets of darts in 6 or 7 weeks?????

Your better/other half must be a real keeper - if I did that I'd be sleeping out in the doghouse (and we don't have one).

BT
(02-27-2017, 06:28 PM)BruT Wrote: 8 more sets of darts in 6 or 7 weeks?????

Your better/other half must be a real keeper - if I did that I'd be sleeping out in the doghouse (and we don't have one).

BT

What she doesn't know, won't hurt her. (They get delivered to work Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lesson learned, +dart name challenge. Mac-attack99 6 582 08-04-2018, 02:37 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Joining a dartclub is a good decision. Shima 3 618 05-25-2018, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  A painful lesson learned cubdog 19 2,025 02-18-2018, 06:31 PM
Last Post: cubdog
  Dartsnutz forum- do you promote the forum? *Saber* 56 9,866 11-07-2017, 05:06 PM
Last Post: *Saber*