Shot Darts

Myfitnesspal
I use an app called myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories and exercise as I am on a weight losing mission

one of the exercises in the app is darts and it says 60 minutes of darts burns 300 calories

lol I think they are a little carried away,...I would believe 1/3rd of that is burnt

(02-19-2017, 09:24 PM)pugtato Wrote: I use an app called myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories and exercise as I am on a weight losing mission

one of the exercises in the app is darts and it says 60 minutes of darts burns 300 calories

lol I think they are a little carried away,...I would believe 1/3rd of that is burnt

Maybe the person making those claims had a lot of bounce-outs.     As for me, when playing darts for an hour I generally gain about 300 calories in barley pops ice cold from the man cave fridge.
(02-19-2017, 09:41 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(02-19-2017, 09:24 PM)pugtato Wrote: I use an app called myfitnesspal to keep track of my calories and exercise as I am on a weight losing mission

Maybe the person making those claims had a lot of bounce-outs.     As for me, when playing darts for an hour I generally gain about 300 calories in barley pops ice cold from the man cave fridge.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

If that was true, I'd be a lot slimmer. If it was true if Adrian Lewis practiced more he'd be better for two reasons!
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
The average person burns about 100 calories per 1 mile walk.  That means it would take 340 trips from the oche to the board and back (1020 darts) to make one mile and burn 100 calories.  So that means 1020 trips (3060 darts) to hit 300 calories all in one hour.  I don't know about any one else but I don't throw that fast or run to the board and back lol.
2019 180s: 19/50
2019 Best leg: 16
2019 Highest finish: 145

2017/18 180s: 17 / 32
2017/18 Best leg: 17 / 14
2017/18 Highest finish: 152 / 152

I was intrigued by that as well. I have used the overall program, quite successfully, for about 6 month now and it works very well for me. However, one has to take into account what it registered in the databases for sure. I have tried various calorie burn trackers on my computer and phone and the discrepancies can be quite shocking between each one. I find if anything MFP numbers are quite low, but realistic. I think it boils down to what algorithm, philosophy, or guidelines the program uses to calculate what you burn. But, at the end of the day you are up and active instead of sitting around doing nothing. Best of luck on dropping a few kilos one way or the otherGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

try running to the board and back to the oche Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-20-2017, 01:43 PM)AD18 Wrote: I was intrigued by that as well.  I have used the overall program, quite successfully, for about 6 month now and it works very well for me.  However, one has to take into account what it registered in the databases for sure.  I have tried various calorie burn trackers on my computer and phone and the discrepancies can be quite shocking between each one.  I find if anything MFP numbers are quite low, but realistic.  I think it boils down to what algorithm, philosophy, or guidelines the program uses to calculate what you burn.  But, at the end of the day you are up and active instead of sitting around doing nothing.  Best of luck on dropping a few kilos one way or the otherGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

great post I agree with your analysis of MFP

dropped 16 pounds in a month, wanna drop another 34

best of luck to you also if you are doing the same thing

Thanks, lost 60lbs since last August, really happy how it works for me. Hope you keep up the good work and reach your goals as required. All the bestGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

(02-20-2017, 03:28 PM)Getagrip Wrote: try running to the board and back to the oche Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

or running around like a headless chicken when you hit what you aim for with each dart Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Member previously known as Daveheald

(02-20-2017, 07:12 PM)pugtato Wrote:
(02-20-2017, 01:43 PM)AD18 Wrote: I was intrigued by that as well.  I have used the overall program, quite successfully, for about 6 month now and it works very well for me.  However, one has to take into account what it registered in the databases for sure.  I have tried various calorie burn trackers on my computer and phone and the discrepancies can be quite shocking between each one.  I find if anything MFP numbers are quite low, but realistic.  I think it boils down to what algorithm, philosophy, or guidelines the program uses to calculate what you burn.  But, at the end of the day you are up and active instead of sitting around doing nothing.  Best of luck on dropping a few kilos one way or the otherGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

great post I agree with your analysis of MFP

dropped 16 pounds in a month, wanna drop another 34

best of luck to you also if you are doing the same thing
I use it with my fitbit