Shot Darts

Cuesoul Armour 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-psO6lgaC_s

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

I remeber when I first seen these Cuesoul Armour darts a few months ago, I was very intrigued by the design and was also very happy to see some green darts lol.   So I was certainly keen to try some and here we are Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.    If you have not seen them before it is a dart with a tungsten core and an alloy sleeve that fits over and screws onto the tungsten core and the sleeve also has the stem built in.  Its not an entirely new idea as I have something similar from the 1980's but those did not have the stem incorporated into it.  These are available in a range of 9 colours, I got the green and amber brown and the total weight including the flights is 23g and there is also a 21g version and also a soft tip version.  I think when I did the video the reatil price was $69.99 but currently its $66.99 which is around about £53.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts are beautifully packaged again from Cuesoul, there is an outer cardboard box and inside a very nice red alloy case with a dense foam insert holding the contents.  Thoughtfully they have added a small yellow ribbon to help in removing the darts, a nice touch Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  As I said above there is 2 sets of sleeves the amber brown and the green which is already screwed onto the tungsten body, some spare springs which go inside the sleeve and 2 sets of standard flights matching the colours of the sleeves and some flight protectors.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

The design of the set up is a straight barrel type and the tungsten body has a tapered nose with some diamond shapes cut into it.  The grip on the tungsten part is a thin cut ring grip which is fairly deeply grooved then the alloy sleeve echos that grip in two main areas, although not as grippy, and it also has smooth sections and two distinct bands with what it says on the box are air convection holes. The part where the stem slopes has a kind of micro grip.  Overall the grip level is a medium.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

I just weighed the tungsten bodies, two were an exact match and the third just three hundredths of a gram heavier:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

Balance of the tungsten body was front weighted:

Balance of the whole set up was right in the centre if assuming a barrel length of 61mm:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

The front tungsten grip was just right for me:

CONCLUSION:

Although I mentioned above about some similar darts I have from the 1980's nevertheless the concept for these is still quite unique.  It certainly appeals to my nature of liking things that are a bit different and overall its a very fun dart.

With my front grip they felt rather nicely balanced which I was not expecting as its quite long even though the stem section is short the equivalent barrel length is far longer than I would normally expect.  I thought they would be fishtailing like crazy but the exact opposite was true they were actually very stable and smooth through the air which was a nice surprise.   I enjoy throwing these overall, I think partly becuase they are so stable and partly for the novelty/fun factor.  

From the middle, again I was not throwing them too badly and they were still smooth through the air but from the rear the length was a little too awkward and I could not throw them well, I cant see why a natural rear gripper would not be able to throw them well though, afterall its a straight barrel design which can suit many.

So now to some obvious problems. Firstly the sleeves are alloy and after playing they will and have got marked a little too easily, not excessively so at present but in time they will be worse and wont look as great as they do now but that happens with any dart I guess.   Secondly as the stem is incorporated into the sleeve its possible you will get a robin hood that could damage it like ordinary alloy stems but having said that it is shaped in such a way that is seems to minimize the points potential for digging in and bending the tangs.  I have tried doing it quite hard by hand and the point just glides over, so it still remains to be seen how durable it will be until I get a genuine robin hood.

But the fact you can or should be able to replace the sleeves and have any colour option you choose is a nice idea although I could not see if the replaceable sleeves were available to buy as yet, may be they are and I could not find them?  The price would be a factor though, if they are cheap enough then it wont be much worse than having to replace a stem.

The concept of the replaceable sleeves is not only good for people who may want different coloured set ups but they could possible have different types of grip also although unless they can make different shapes it will always be in a straight barrel design.

Now to a problem that may or may not be unique to me.  When throwing the darts I often find the sleeves coming loose, it could be the same for others or it could be the way I kind of turn the darts in my grip when throwing at release but even so they would come lose just through the contact with ones in the board or when pulling them out the board.  I feel that is a problem that can get annoying quickly and probably some more thought should have been put into it in finding a solution.  A rubber O-ring around the tungsten thread may have worked, I think the spring is not really doing enough to hold it tight.   My solution has been to apply some plumbers tape around the thread and that has made a big difference and they have not come loose so far.  

One last thing is I noticed when the darts land in the board there is a slight ping noise, I dont think it shows on the video but I can hear it, was not really annoying but thought I would mention it, may its the spring inside?

So other than a few issues I think the darts themselves look awesome, especially in green! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  The quality is overall very good but they fly really well and now I have sorted the working loose issue I think I will probably be throwing them much more.

A nice idea and great fun but may be not a dart for everyone which is understandable due to its uniqueness.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 10 (Love the look!)
Grip: 6 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (2 exact)
Quality: 8.5 (good)
Value: 7 (not too bad)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (rather nice darts)

Best Feature: Smooth flight Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I saw this review on youtube about 2 hours ago... Very interesting darts, although I am not sure what to think about them. It looks like one of those dead ends to me. I don't know how much the spare tops are and how durable the system is but I think I won't be the customer...
Another great review.

It's a great looking dart, be interesting to see if they bring out extra sleeves with different styles of grip in the future.
Throwing Black PVD Coated Target Agora A01’s 22g darts at a Winmau Blade 5

Highest checkout - 141 (T20 T19 D12)
Best leg - 16 Darts x2

Great review as always mate :thumbup:

As for the darts . . . . it's gotta be a big, fat . . . 'why ?' . . .  from me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts : MvG 23g Masterdarts  /  Dartboard : Bulls Advantage 3
I wish i could build my own opinion on these.
I ordered a Set of Sleeves and Tungsten Cores while they were on "flashsale" on their website back in October iirc.
I received the Aluminum Shells but not the Tungsten Parts. Sadly they don´t answer my e-mails...

Plan was to get some Shells made using some Damascus i have lying around. I guess this won´t happen without the Cores.

Well, it was just a few Bucks but still worth a Rant...
i like the green color
Hmmm, definitely one for the collectors, or those who are minted.

Great review, but the darts look very awkward (to me, anyway). Could actually see someone like Royden Lam throwing these, to be honest.
Looks like a problem with durability to me, but nice looking darts nonetheless and great review as usual.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
Looks like the future evloution of darts of sorts. Great review.
Darts used 25g Adrian Gray Tungsten Shot Flights XLt Stems
Best Av (Singles) : 84
Best 501 : 15 darts
Highest Checkout 2016 : 160 (T20 T20 D20)
180s Practice  2019 : 100+
180s Comp 2019 : 10 
150s Practice : 3
Great review, but I think i will stick to my old faithfuls
(02-18-2017, 06:51 PM)elevendarter Wrote: I saw this review on youtube about 2 hours ago... Very interesting darts, although I am not sure what to think about them. It looks like one of those dead ends to me. I don't know how much the spare tops are and how durable the system is but I think I won't be the customer...

I think that is part of the problem how much will they be to replace but its certainly a bit too quirky for most people.

(02-18-2017, 07:04 PM)Dart_Vader Wrote: Another great review.

It's a great looking dart, be interesting to see if they bring out extra sleeves with different styles of grip in the future.

Cheers! The Armour 2 is coming soon:

(02-18-2017, 07:11 PM)Mindyereyes Wrote: Great review as always mate :thumbup:

As for the darts . . . . it's gotta be a big, fat . . . 'why ?' . . .  from me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks! Yeah its not to everyones taste but I think its made to appeal to a growing tend which is mostly from Asia I guess, seeing darts as more than just something we play with but as a fashion and fun thing to have, but the idea is not entirely new its just that there is probably a bigger audience for it now than in the past.

(02-18-2017, 07:30 PM)Shotgun Wrote: I wish i could build my own opinion on these.
I ordered a Set of Sleeves and Tungsten Cores while they were on "flashsale" on their website back in October iirc.
I received the Aluminum Shells but not the Tungsten Parts. Sadly they don´t answer my e-mails...

Plan was to get some Shells made using some Damascus i have lying around. I guess this won´t happen without the Cores.

Well, it was just a few Bucks but still worth a Rant...

Try contacting them on Facebook.

(02-18-2017, 08:50 PM)Floton Wrote: i like the green color

me too Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-18-2017, 10:22 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Hmmm, definitely one for the collectors, or those who are minted.

Great review, but the darts look very awkward (to me, anyway). Could actually see someone like Royden Lam throwing these, to be honest.

Thanks! I thought the length would be a big problem but as you can see in the slow mo they are quite smooth in flight, I was expecting them to swaying all over the shop.

(02-18-2017, 11:57 PM)Gada Wrote: Looks like a problem with durability to me, but nice looking darts nonetheless and great review as usual.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Durability will certainly be the main problem, if the replaceable sleeves are cheap enough then it wont be so bad.

(02-19-2017, 05:48 AM)barcrusher Wrote: Looks like the future evloution of darts of sorts. Great review.

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-19-2017, 11:18 AM)Mike HermThe Wrote: Great review, but I think i will stick to my old faithfuls

Cheers! Yes I think these are likely too strange for most but having said that I think a lot will be surprised at how nice they fly.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Good review, different idea for a set of darts, i can hear like a swish should when you draw the dart back and throw
(02-19-2017, 03:35 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Good review, different idea for a set of darts, i can hear like a swish should when you draw the dart back and throw

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That noise is me hitting my face with the flights lol it is always there Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(02-19-2017, 03:40 PM)Getagrip Wrote:
(02-19-2017, 03:35 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Good review, different idea for a set of darts, i can hear like a swish should when you draw the dart back and throw

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

That noise is me hitting my face with the flights lol it is always there Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Lol ok i've never noticed it before had the speakers up louder watching this one
Great review. I was always curious about them so i eeded an expert opininion Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. +1

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cuesoul Aurora 23g darts review Getagrip 25 8,259 04-19-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Cuesoul - Ringed Dart - 22g - Review vanJupp 13 1,663 09-06-2018, 10:17 PM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Cuesoul Glory 24g darts review Getagrip 14 5,814 12-03-2017, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Cuesoul Glory 22g darts review Getagrip 2 1,876 11-07-2017, 03:27 PM
  Cuesoul Black Scorpion 24g darts review Getagrip 23 14,103 03-06-2017, 05:32 PM
Last Post: hardy73
  Cuesoul Dragon 24g darts reveiw Getagrip 16 8,637 01-26-2017, 02:32 PM
  Cuesoul 30gr 95% Tungsten Darts Review copigme 17 8,078 07-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Last Post: copigme
  Cuesoul Fighting Soul 22g darts review Getagrip 33 20,477 03-03-2016, 04:01 PM
Last Post: markusousa