Target Darts.

Poll: Would you buy Super Duralumin shafts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
No, they are too expensive
50.00%
12 50.00%
No, the flight graphics are too limited & boring
4.17%
1 4.17%
Yes, they are state of art
16.67%
4 16.67%
I'll stick with what I've got for now
29.17%
7 29.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

The Cosmo Darts Fit Flight thread...
Gid'ay
I've been using Cosmo Darts Fit Flight's for a while now, and have moved to the top of line Super Duralumin ones. I've gone metal because they weigh way more than the plastic ones. As you can see, and so you know I'm not having you on, I've attached a photo of my collection, from size 3 to 7. Some standard and some slim. I've bought all these so I can work out once and for all the best set up for me. Believe me its not easy. I've just bought another set of dart barrels same as I've got. So I can throw all 6 darts at once with same flights but different shaft length/weight so I can see which fly's the best. I must say these shafts are expensive, but a dart player has to do, wot a dart player must do.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I use both Cosmo and L-Style shafts; I was planning on buying a set of titanium Cosmo shafts but decided to use more L-Style because of the player's flights they produce.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
I use L-style and cosmo too. The duralumin-things are too expensive for me and i dont like the look.
The perfect stem for me is the spinning #3 Cosmo Carbon (Hybrid) , perfect length and wheight for me and i love the non-shining black.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Got shedloads of Cosmo gear that I use occasionally, but I don't use them in matches now as I prefer the original nylon stems they used to do before they brought out the Gear stems and I don't have many sets of those left.
L-Style Carbon for me. Cos I'm a flash git.

Though I also just prefer the Champagne-flight (even if they've give it a daft name) System over the fit-flight system.
I've heard those carbon shafts aren't real carbon, more like weetbix. As soon as they hit the floor, they break....game over.
Currently using only Cosmo gear on my match darts. I only broke one shaft but besides that I love them.
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
I have a bag of Cosmo gear but have gone back to punched poly flights with deflectagrips. Cosmo gear is great. I used normal size 4 carbon spinners with kite fit flights for over a year with no carbon breakages, and as my OCD would have it I have every colour of the kite flights and every colour of the normal size 4 spinners, lol. I have a couple of sets of the duralumin stems but they were too heavy for me. I was worried about it bending too and thought titanium would be the perfect option except for the price.

I think I just like the familiarity and variety of nylon stems and poly flights. If I do use a moulded flight it's generally Condor over Cosmo nowadays.
(02-18-2017, 08:29 AM)dog Wrote: I've heard those carbon shafts aren't real carbon, more like weetbix. As soon as they hit the floor, they break....game over.

Tell you truth, mate... I wouldn't be surprised if it's only some sort of Carbon-poly of a sorts.... But I like a bit flash some times, even if it's only the description that's flash, sounds good. Haven't had no issues with breakage.
I have bought these stems. They're too heavy to my liking. I have used them for a while but I have been using common nylons now and waiting for the Bulls Sideloaders to see what they would be like. What I quite liked was the spinning feature so I have also ordered some Pro Grip spinners at the moment.

Here's my Cosmo genesis.

I started with the Gear shafts, then went for the Carbon ones and after I had snapped many of these plastic shafts I took the plunge and went for the Normal Spinning Size 2 Super Duralumins.

The first impression was that the flights sits a less tighter on these but it could be due to the used flights..although it wasn't...

The second impression was that I should have gone for the lighter Slim version and also maybe for the size 3 or 4.

The third impression is that despite of many bounce outs these Normal stems are still as straight as they were when they came. Which I consider it's really good!

The fourth impression is that one day I may try the Slim ones, maybe longer....on the other hand, I'd rather buy them once there would be some 50% clearance sale...let me know then :-)
My ideal would be Cosmo shafts with L-style flights, i like Cosmo flights but i used Air ones and ripped them at the bottom all the time, so i now use L-style for me there more durable, never broken in a shaft in 2 years of use
I decided to go back to nylon and Whizlock caps,,, awhile back I traded for a lot of L-style gear ,,, and I tried Cosmo,,, to each their own,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I have a set of #7 standard Super Duralimin and I think they're great. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
(02-18-2017, 12:36 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: My ideal would be Cosmo shafts with L-style flights, i like Cosmo flights but i used Air ones and ripped them at the bottom all the time, so i now use L-style for me there more durable, never broken in a shaft in 2 years of use

Yeah, I also finding the flights are made of a softish plastic and they tend to tear up on the leading edge. I think Fit Flights need to look into strengthening the leading edge or changing the compound they make them from perhaps?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Online Darts Thread ? Pell 3 187 08-09-2020, 01:06 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  Cosmo 20g Dan Olson Darts portsetonloyal 5 437 04-05-2020, 08:47 AM
Last Post: YoungStarDC
Information Win Cosmo Steve West Darts in Darts Review Channel 20k subs draw!!! Getagrip 18 1,794 11-04-2019, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Kudos to Cosmo Darts Europe Zazl 2 320 10-23-2019, 01:18 AM
Last Post: Cosmo Darts Europe
  Cosmo darts ekim2003 9 634 06-19-2019, 08:56 AM
Last Post: mc1958
  Cosmo stem broke in flight Bigshow 23 5,517 02-23-2019, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Levonster
  2019 PDC World Darts Championship Prediction Thread theblindPew 59 4,369 12-10-2018, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  Cosmo Jeff Smith Darts portsetonloyal 3 826 07-11-2018, 03:52 PM
Last Post: The G
  cosmo flight flexability Jamesr4300 15 1,575 03-16-2017, 02:41 PM
Last Post: Jugger