Shot Darts

Winmau Darts Hub
This is my first review so don't get over excited guys.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I purchased the Winmau Darts Hub from DC after seeing pics in the Winmau launch thread a while ago, I'm not one for paying attention to all the tiny details and that leads me to my first observation....

The thing is bigger than I imagined Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
It's also heavier as it has a wooden base.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The Hub is very well made,covered in a black leatherette with the Winmau logos tastefully embossed.

The top (let's call it the 'tray') is lined with a black flocked material and black foam (similar to the foam in Target packaging) is used for the cutout sections. Everything is very well fitted and it reminds me of one of those desk tidy things you get in hotel rooms.

It has a surprisingly deep section with a fold over lid, handy for keeping my repointer and some board markers etc..

Inside the tray you will find three vials for storage and also a point sharpening stone.

You are able to store three sets of fully assembled darts in the allotted holes.

Although with the holes being far enough apart I found you can easily fit two more sets of barrels between the full setups by simply punching more holes through the foam.

Infront of the darts are fifteen holes for stems

But with a bit of careful manipulation you can get three sets of flight/stem combos and two sets of stem only.

And finally infront of that section is the 'ergonomic' tray.

By ergonomic they mean it's a half pipe, but it is very well thought out and with the flocked lining it works great for fishing out a stem spring etc

So that's about it folks.

Overall I'm really pleased with this purchase would recommend it for any darts den.

Thanks for viewing.

Cheers Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Top notch review. Looks like a high quality item, which would explain the price tag on it! Like the detailed pictures and description. Plenty of storage, but I would need to cut down my "stock" levels to fit everything in it lol nicely done Tez +1
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Good review, thanks.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Great review Tez, well done and +1 from me as well. :thumbup:
Thanks guys,

Yeah Elusive the wife said "ooh you could do with another one of those" straight away lol.

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Haha! Winmau are going to have to come out with a Nutz-sized one lol
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(02-17-2017, 03:57 PM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Haha! Winmau are going to have to come out with a Nutz-sized one lol

Well it is Nutz of me to use the box it came in to store all the extra flights and stems we all accumulate,afterall its to pretty to throw in the recycling and it says Darts on it. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Tez

Thanks for the review +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

When this was announced, I thought that it was a very nice and I wanted one, than I saw the price and was put off a bit. Now I am thinking of getting one again. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Good review it looks nice
I saw a few pics of this on the various darts websites and thought it looked o.k.
Now with our great pictures i can see its another thing to purchase!

Well done on a great review.
(02-17-2017, 05:50 PM)vanJupp Wrote: Thanks for the review +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

When this was announced, I  thought that it was a very nice and I wanted one, than I saw the price and was put off a bit. Now I am thinking of getting one again. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The price is very reasonable considering the quality in my opinion.

I don't think you will be disappointed if you do decide to purchase one.

Thank you for the +1

Cheers
Tez

(02-17-2017, 05:53 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Good review it looks nice

Thanks Crush

Cheers
Tez

(02-17-2017, 06:04 PM)mirjan44 Wrote: I saw a few pics of this on the various darts websites and thought it looked o.k.
Now with our great pictures i can see its another thing to purchase!

Well done on a great review.

Thank you mirjan

Cheers
Tez

Very good first review Tez! +1 from me too, it does look rather good actually Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(02-17-2017, 06:28 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Very good first review Tez!  +1 from me too, it does look rather good actually Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Darren

Cheers
Tez