Shot Darts

Greetings from Georgia
Hello folks, 

I've always loved playing darts in a very casual fashion. I bought my first bristle dart board back in college in 1989 or so - a Sportcraft Bandit. Back then we threw with Widdys because they were cheap and had no additional parts to lose or break and less chance of them being messed up by drunk college kids.

We played occasional games of Cricket, but none of us were really any good. I played for years now and then when someone would have a dart board hanging or we'd be at a bar with a board, but it was never a priority for entertainment.

Late in 2016 my interest in darts was rekindled. I hung that old Sportcraft Bandit from 1989 back up in the garage (it was still in playable shape with it's giant thick wire spider and staples all over) and bought a new set of Widdys. I learned the rules to X01 and started practicing that. By Christmas I was tired of the frequent bounceouts with my old Bandit and had Robin Hooded several of the Widdys into uselessness so I picked up some Nodors 600 series (I think) 70%(?) tungsten 18g darts from the local big box sporting goods store and ordered a new DMI Bandit. 

I LOVE the new board and have been practicing anywhere from 4 to 6 hours a week for about 6 weeks now. According to my Darts app on my mobile phone I'm somewhere around a 40-45 average in 501 over 130 recorded practice legs (only started using that a couple weeks ago). 

Last week I threw the very first 180 of my life and took pictures, and an hour later, threw my very second 180 (and took pictures of that too, of course!)... I haven't thrown another since then though. So I guess those would be my best "dart memories". This summer will be the 25th reunion of my college graduating class, maybe I'll go and see if anyone wants to chuck a few darts at the old bar we used to hang around at and throw dars poorly in! 

Right now I'm mostly in my "information gathering" phase of learning the sport. I'm looking into some "decent" darts and have received great advice rom the folks over on the Darts subreddit, and I thought I'd check this place out and see what I can learn and what kind of chatter I can get involved in with folks who are into darts too.

I have too many questions to put into an intro post, but I will be picking brains and reading the combined wisdom of you folks and the reddit Darts gang and I'm sure I'll be hitting you all up for some advice.

Oh and I grew up in Pennsylvania, but relocated to Georgia back in 2013... so I guess that makes me a damn Yankee... 

Greetings!
Hello and welcome aboard the Nutz forum, nice intro. :hithere:
Welcome mate
Keep it up and the 180's will keep flowing! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome!
Welcome aboard! Great intro! Enjoy the forum!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Hey - this is a great place to get in to darts- it all Nutz all the time.  Congrats on the 180s!  Enjoy the forum and get to know the folks here they rock!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome to DNF
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Welcome ... Good darts to you .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Hello and welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..
Welcome to the forum, nice intro post, ask away with the questions and invariably someone will be able to help Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Welcome to Nutz

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Welcome, and nice intro! Nothing wrong with being a damn Yankee as I am too. Though I consider myself a Red Sox instead (live in VA but from Rhode Island).
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics
20g Monster Hades 2

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on those 180s. Keep 'em coming.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

(02-17-2017, 01:55 PM)ks99dime Wrote: Welcome, and nice intro! Nothing wrong with being a damn Yankee as I am too. Though I consider myself a Red Sox instead (live in VA but from Rhode Island).

Red Sox?!?!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Just kidding  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

I remain a Phillies fan down here in the Atlanta area, myself, so I get it.

Thank you and thank you to everyone else for welcoming me!
(02-17-2017, 02:39 PM)CawlinAlcarz Wrote:
(02-17-2017, 01:55 PM)ks99dime Wrote: Welcome, and nice intro! Nothing wrong with being a damn Yankee as I am too. Though I consider myself a Red Sox instead (live in VA but from Rhode Island).

Red Sox?!?!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Just kidding  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

I remain a Phillies fan down here in the Atlanta area, myself, so I get it.

Thank you and thank you to everyone else for welcoming me!

Haha I've said I'm a Red Sox to people in the South who call me a Yankee and they just don't seem to get it, or perhaps just don't find it funny like I do...either or lol
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Harrows Aura a3
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
22g winmau snipers
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics