Shot Darts

What Darts Do You Consider Must Haves or Classics?
I've been playing with the same set of hankeys for a long while now and have been very happy with them, but I want to try out some more styles and grow the collection. So, I want to know what do you all think are must haves and classics that I should give a shot?

Currently Throwing: Harrows 22g Bristows
Currently Throwing At: Winmau Blade 5

If you like the Lowe shape of barrel, at least one set of his would be a must-have. If you like straight barrel, there should be at least one Bristow set in your collection. Current versions of Taylor, Anderson (Gary, not Kyle) and Barney darts are also worth a look.

(02-16-2017, 04:11 AM)Berlin180 Wrote: If you like the Lowe shape of barrel, at least one set of his would be a must-have. If you like straight barrel, there should be at least one Bristow set in your collection. Current versions of Taylor, Anderson (Gary, not Kyle) and Barney darts are also worth a look.

Thanks for the input, I've got a set of Bristows on the way right now actually.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Also Unicorn Phase 1, the old Taylor darts are something you should have tried.
Also 14g smooth Hankeys would have been something, but they have been discontinued.

Mervyn King darts have an unique shape, so everyone should have tried these.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
I think everyone should try John Lowes at some stage, and Unicorn Purist 1 or 2,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The classics for trying I think are:
- Bristows
- Lowes
- Bob Andersons
- Paul Lims (T90s)
- Phase 2 Taylors
- Wades
- Jenkins
- John Parts

Most are classic, simple shapes, with simple machining. The basics to try out different styles.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
Maybe Ton machines to be added to the list IMHO
(02-16-2017, 05:27 PM)bk123456 Wrote: Maybe Ton machines to be added to the list IMHO

:thumbup:
I'd say bristows, lowes, barneys, 14g smooth hankeys and 12g buntings cover most bases for trying different weights, shapes and grips
(02-16-2017, 10:33 AM)vanJupp Wrote: Also Unicorn Phase 1, the old Taylor darts are something you should have tried.
Also 14g smooth Hankeys would have been something, but they have been discontinued.

Mervyn King darts have an unique shape, so everyone should have tried these.

I wanted to pick up a set 14g Hankeys very badly, so when I heard they were being discontinued I looked to pick some up and they were already sold out every where. But at least I have 1 set of Hankeys even though they're not the famed 14g version.

(02-16-2017, 02:22 PM)Bounce Out Wrote: I think everyone should try John Lowes at some stage, and Unicorn Purist 1 or 2,

Been hearing the Lowes a lot, so Ill have to pick some up and give 'em a shot for sure. Thanks for the help!

(02-16-2017, 03:02 PM)weswrestle10 Wrote: The classics for trying I think are:
- Bristows
- Lowes
- Bob Andersons
- Paul Lims (T90s)
- Phase 2 Taylors
- Wades
- Jenkins
- John Parts

Most are classic, simple shapes, with simple machining. The basics to try out different styles.

A lot of those are on my list already, especially the Parts. I love the style of the Parts (the unicorn ones of course) but they're so hard to find. I might end up having to get some custom made, because I think I'll love those even more than the Hankeys. Thanks for the suggestions! I'll definitely look into the ones not on my list already and see if they deserve to be.

(02-16-2017, 05:30 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 05:27 PM)bk123456 Wrote: Maybe Ton machines to be added to the list IMHO

:thumbup:

I look into them for sure! Thanks for the input my friends!

(02-16-2017, 05:33 PM)Walker Wrote: I'd say bristows, lowes, barneys, 14g smooth hankeys and 12g buntings cover most bases for trying different weights, shapes and grips

I keep hearing the 14g Hankeys and keep getting mad at myself for not picking them up too when I picked up my 21g. Oh well, maybe I can find some second hand even though they'll probably be pretty scarce now. 

I've been looking at the Buntings for some time now. This might have put me over the edge to pick some up though. Thanks for the help!!

Dennis Priestley's have a unique shape too.
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?cPath=9_22_185

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you had to nail down the must haves for form? atison 16 1,672 01-24-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: JamieJ