Harrows Darts.

really unpleasant experience with customer service
hi fellow darts nutz
it is quite late here but i really cannot sleep due to some experience i had today with perfect darts
it is still hanging over in my mind
perhaps it will be better if i can spell it out which is why i open the account after some years staying under the radar

I have quite a few purchase with the site through a friend and just recently become their member so i don't have to buy through him every time 
i must say the site has been doing really good for me fast dispatch,good price, always comes with some little extra thing and the quantity is always correct(i have had some experience with other dart shop the occasionally i get one or two flights low from a big mega pack)

today i got the shipment i order from last friday which i thought was in a promotion, i expect there should be the promotion item in but suprisingly they are not
i called to find out that i made a mistake of the promotion period which i accept is my fault
though of returning the whole thing but after the call i decided to keep the stuff i got as there is no point to give money to the royal mail as the goods are perfectly fine.(still trying out some new flight shapes any good suggestion?)
however when i look into the stuff i discovered another problem that i order the phil taylor gen1 tops for my gen3 shaft which i don't know is incompatible up until the point that i open the the pack and try to screw them on only to find they will not screw in
the reason i made that purchase was that on their site at the time i made the purchase and if i remember correctly it only say that it is not usable on the gen 2 shaft which i then assume will be suitable for both gen 1 and 3 as currently there is just three gen of target taylor darts out there.
i further email them in respect of the issue, we have disagreement whether that is the website fault and whether the site should pay the return postage.
i am perfectly fine with the disagreement but in the exchange the customer service personnel(don't know if that is andy) accused me of "trying it on" to get the whole package return to them and ask them to pay for the postage simply because i cannot take benefit of the discount.
I find that really offensive as i don't even have one second thinking of doing that,i mean we can  argue on the content of our case but do we really have to attack on the others personality simply on a matter of postage?
i made clear to them that if the company pays for postage i will only return the tops which they refuse.
i see the conversation is going no where and to avoid being attacked on the personality again i decide i will just pay the postage and return the whole 

i mean after the event i just can't stop thinking of it not because i have to pay postage but the accusation of "trying it on" just keep coming in my head.
Would I stop buying from them? i don't know, possibly not(in case they don't block me because i am writing this)as i still love the other aspect of the site but i would warn every one of you that to buy on perfect darts and from the experience i have today it is better to be quite cautious when reading the description and they will not be responsible for any assumption that (in my opinion)their words lead you into thinking,besides in case of any problem they will only accept your claim if there are loads of people having the same problem (they keep telling me that i am the only one in thousands having this problem.)and also be prepared that the customer service personnel will defend themselves quite in quite some strong words
that brings the other good thing of the site that they have a no fault return and refund policy.

don't know if that make any sense to you all, i just can't think right at the moment.
Simple fix, stay away from Perfect. They are a bunch of Chunky A holes.

Take a look at our forum sponsors for alternative shops.
The Best 1st post nomination for 2017
may all the doubles be with you

I've never ordered anything from them, so I really can't comment on their validity as a supplier.  I am a very conscientious buyer, however and from the multitude of things I've read about this particular retailer, they are just not an option for me.  Plainly and simply put.....I'd rather pay more somewhere else and have the peace of mind that my order will ship promptly and accurately.  Moreover, if by some odd chance there were a mistake made, be it the suppliers fault or my own, to know that it would be handled in a professional and timely manner makes it all the more worth the extra money.  That's my two cents.
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
I'm always a bit sceptical of such posts.
I don't know why you are bleating here on your first post about a company that sold you something you don't like that you openly admit was your own fault for buying in the first place.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
You made a mistake in the promotion period. (You accepted that it's your fault)

You mistaken gen 1 top will work on gen 3 stems because website states it won't work on gen 2 stems. (it's illogical to think that)
You could have asked the company about the tops before your purchase but you didn't. (Sorry, that's your fault).

Could their HR have handled the conversation better? Probably.
But it seems you and Perfect darts have exchanged emails a few times over this incident, so I believe they have tried to be reasonable but their patience was exhausted.

I am never a perfect darts supporter because they are expensive to ship to Canada.
However, in this case, I don't think it's Perfect Darts' fault. Sorry.
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Whilst I agree that the OP sounds at fault here, I can however back up his experience, I had the same awful attitude given to me when a product turned up different to what was presented on their website, it was easier in the end to sell them on and just take the loss than deal with the attitude and closed walling that he presented, very short sighted, I've now chosen to buy elsewhere even if it costs more!

@ktts, just chalk it up to experience and move on, find another supplier, thankfully it's only the tops, life's too short to worry about people like that!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
(02-16-2017, 12:28 AM)Fred-180 Wrote: The Best 1st post nomination for 2017

This^^
Although I'm not quite sure what that story was all about I'll add my own thoughts on Chunky Cheese. I ordered a board from them last year along with a couple of sets of (quite expensive) L style flights. They posted the board out with the flights taped to the side of it with no protection for the flights packaging whatsoever. The flights were still just about usable but were crushed during transit. The smart thing would have been to send the flights in a separate padded envelope.
I'd just try another store like Darts Corner, or one of our forum sponsor like Madhouse Darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I think we all know that no retailer is 100% perfect all the time and for me I accept that things can and do go wrong, but I judge everything by how the service is when those things go wrong, if I am not happy with how I get treated I don't use them again.

It will depend on the circumstances too, if I think its partly my own fault or if they have tried to sort it and cant for whatever reason I may then give them a second chance.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(02-16-2017, 04:17 AM)i think only in words that probably would sound illogical.however i think one have to also take into account the layout of their page,the put the tops under some heading like phil taylor top grn1,2,3 and when i click in there is only one item saying target phil taylor tops and in the discription it  only say not suitable for gen 2, the i think guide me into thinking they will be suitable for gen3 too.i would agree with you that i should have ask before i purchase, only that i trust them too much for that, i mean the customer service here is so good that i let my guard down a bit. that ia the lesson to learnMr.K Wrote: You made a mistake in the promotion period.  (You accepted that it's your fault)

You mistaken gen 1 top will work on gen 3 stems because website states it won't work on gen 2 stems. (it's illogical to think that)
You could have asked the company about the tops before your purchase but you didn't. (Sorry, that's your fault).

Could their HR have handled the conversation better?  Probably.
But it seems you and Perfect darts have exchanged emails a few times over this incident, so I believe they have tried to be reasonable but their patience was exhausted.

I am never a perfect darts supporter because they are expensive to ship to Canada.
However, in this case, I don't think it's Perfect Darts' fault.  Sorry.
(02-16-2017, 06:35 AM)when i let the incident go and start thinking again i would say you advice is pretty good oneat the moment i just don\t trust them to handle the refund if unfortunately something goes south with the refund.i mean now at least i have the goods in my hand and i am quite worry that there may be argument of the condition of the goods when they are shiped backi that case i will probably suffer a double loss of losing the momey and not having the goodsso thanks for reminding me that i should keep it at try to sell them onany good suggestion on which shop i may possibly try? Danger Mouse Wrote: Whilst I agree that the OP sounds at fault here, I can however back up his experience, I had the same awful attitude given to me when a product turned up different to what was presented on their website, it was easier in the end to sell them on and just take the loss than deal with the attitude and closed walling that he presented, very short sighted, I've now chosen to buy elsewhere even if it costs more!

@ktts, just chalk it up to experience and move on, find another supplier, thankfully it's only the tops, life's too short to worry about people like that!
(02-16-2017, 09:12 AM)so how does that end ?did they take responsibilty for that? 4737 Carlin Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 12:28 AM)Fred-180 Wrote: The Best 1st post nomination for 2017

This^^
Although I'm not quite sure what that story was all about I'll add my own thoughts on Chunky Cheese. I ordered a board from them last year along with a couple of sets of (quite expensive) L style flights. They posted the board out with the flights taped to the side of it with no protection for the flights packaging whatsoever. The flights were still just about usable but were crushed during transit. The smart thing would have been to send the flights in a separate padded envelope.
(02-16-2017, 03:40 PM)good to see you here i must say i like your review so much keep the good work upi mean would you be able to provide a list or alternatively indicate where we can find the list of dart shop that sponsor this site?i think i will go and try somethink new next time. Getagrip Wrote: I think we all know that no retailer is 100% perfect all the time and for me I accept that things can and do go wrong, but I judge everything by how the service is when those things go wrong, if I am not happy with how I get treated I don't use them again.

It will depend on the circumstances too, if I think its partly my own fault or if they have tried to sort it and cant for whatever reason I may then give them a second chance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BULLY DARTS GREAT SERVICE DAVEISTHENAME 13 707 01-08-2021, 02:12 PM
Last Post: ian Wheatley
  Any experience with Total-Darts? NiteEyez 35 6,284 05-16-2017, 09:05 PM
Last Post: elevendarter