Shot Darts

Monster Ghost V
Been using 20g Monster Klaasen's for a good few months now after switching from 23g Lewis' middle of last year and after a couple weeks getting used to them it's paid off - they are brilliant darts, I find I have more control over them and they look and feel great too.

So after watching the WC in December I noticed Klaasen wasnt using his normal barrels in one of the games as I saw small 'holes' drilled into the rings, and after seeing the announcement that he has new darts coming out next month I guessed that he may have been using Monster Ghost V or similar for more grip as his new darts certainly look grippier.

On looking the Ghost are the same weight and length as the Klaasens so I thought 'why not' so i ordered a set - and I have to say, I am more than impressed, brilliant darts, although I am not surprised - every set of Monster darts I have had are brilliant in their own way, always look good and feel very well made, I am, as you can probably tell, a massive fan of Monster barrels Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Not sure I'll swap as I do love my Klaasens and have been playing well with them but I may take them out as a back up for the nights I am struggling for a bit of grip or fancy a change.

As you can see, they are same length but with more grip (that grip is a a 5/5 when they are new - will likely wear down to a 2-3/5), they are the same weight and other than the back end they are very similar indeed:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cant wait for the new Klaasens to be released Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
nice darts, love the look of the Monster darts

Member previously known as Daveheald

Sweet, always love looking at the Monster darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Where do you grip them Rebel?
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
Really nice darts! Enjoy!

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk
Board: Winmau Blade 5
Darts : One80 Bavaria SG 21g
Stems: Short Deflectagrip
Flights: Ribtex Standard
Very nice dart, have you ever tried the Rapier IV MG?
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
(02-15-2017, 11:56 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote: Sweet, always love looking at the Monster darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Where do you grip them Rebel?

Grip them right where them little 'dots' are - had another hour tonight while kids were in the bath and I was thinking 'if Carlsberg did customs' these would be pretty much what I would get made - so I actually saved a few quid and time designing them  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I have always thrown 23/24g darts and always felt most comfortable around the 50mm mark - was only due to team wrapping up and finding an old set of 21g Masterdart Klassens that I decided to take the plunge with the 20g Monster Klaasens.

After 2 days I was ready for binning them, and if I had still been playing league I am sure I would have gone back to the 23g Lewis' - but as I knew I had a good break from league darts I stuck with them through the bad spells for 2 weeks as I just felt there was something about them, they felt right although they werent flying as well as I was hoping.

2-3 weeks perseverance and work with them and it finally clicked, they started going straight and I felt I was in complete control of them and they were going generally where I wanted them to - made me realise that the perfect set of darts isnt going to miraculously materialize out of thin air for me, it took some time and effort to make the set work for me - 10 months on and I can barely throw the 23g Lewis now Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-15-2017, 11:07 PM)Rodney Wrote: nice darts, love the look of the  Monster darts

Cheers Rodney, Monster are my number 1 right now  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-16-2017, 12:02 AM)G00dband Wrote: Really nice darts! Enjoy!

Envoyé de mon SGH-I337M en utilisant Tapatalk

Cheers mate  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-16-2017, 12:10 AM)kungfuron Wrote: Very nice dart, have you ever tried the Rapier IV MG?

No not had them Ron (had Klaasen, Peacemaker, Leveret and now Ghost V) but having Googled them they are on my list for future purchases, look very nice  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers
(02-16-2017, 12:53 AM)REBEL Wrote:
(02-16-2017, 12:10 AM)kungfuron Wrote: Very nice dart, have you ever tried the Rapier IV MG?

No not had them Ron (had Klaasen, Peacemaker, Leveret and now Ghost V) but having Googled them they are on my list for future purchases, look very nice  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers

I bought a set of Rapier IV MG No.5 to go along with my set of Rising Suns steel tip but I've got on so well with the soft tips, I might buy a steel tip set of Rapier IV MG as well.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Those look killer!

Currently Throwing: Harrows 22g Bristows
Currently Throwing At: Winmau Blade 5

very nice, I have a review of the Klassens (first ones) that I need to edit but what I found was it took me a while to get really comfy with the grip as it has so many strange cuts but the thing that stood out is how smooth they fly, once I got used to them they were really nice to throw.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Really nice dinky little darts. Monster make some really quality darts and they feel quality in the hand too
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VIDEO ADDED Pg 2 - Monster Monster on the wall, who is the Fairest of them all? Ancient Darter 18 1,576 04-24-2018, 07:14 AM
Last Post: theblindPew