Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Grip wax
Hi all  just a quick question about where to use grip wax do you rub it on your fingers or on the darts ?
Fingers and it works best if a bit warm.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

(02-15-2017, 01:44 PM)jc14 Wrote: Fingers and it works best if a bit warm.

Cheers dude
You may notice a lot of players roll it round in the none throwing  hand .
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Do a lot of people actually use it? Never even considered it, I buy darts that I like the grip of naturally.
Rub it on the darts, gives a great grip. Got to clean your darts every week though cause the wax builds up on the barrels and you lose the 'feeling' ...j.d.
Ive never used wax before but these darts ive been using and getting on a treat with for the last 2 months are less grippy compared to my 24G phase 3s ( now using 23G scott waites) so ive been using white chalk untill last week when the mother in law poped round and seen some white dust on my fingers and as ive been scratching and pickin me nose as i pracrice said to the wife im sniffing
I used to use wax and found it really helpful but I got out of habit of using it after I ran out one time and now I don't even notice I don't use it. 

If you use it and helps.great if not its only a quid so nothing lost or gained 

Also I found it better if you rubbed your fingers on it and not the darts
(02-15-2017, 08:55 PM)Robb Moore Wrote: Ive never used wax before but these darts ive been using and getting on a treat with for the last 2 months are less grippy compared to my  24G phase 3s ( now  using 23G scott waites) so ive been using white chalk untill last week when the mother in law poped round and seen some white dust on my fingers and as ive been scratching and pickin me nose as i pracrice said to the wife im sniffing

great excuse for when you are lmao Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
rod dog Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
As well as wax or rosin, another idea is to simply clean your barrels because dead skin and such like builds up reducing the grip on the dart. You'll be amazed at how much your grip can come back to life.
Use either an ultrasonic cleaner (keep the points clear though) or washingup-liquid/dishsoap and water and a good scrub. It's a good idea to keep the shafts in the barrels to minimise water getting into places where it's hard to dry. Dry thoroughly.
(02-15-2017, 09:39 PM)Jefferz Wrote: As well as wax or rosin, another idea is to simply clean your barrels because dead skin and such like builds up reducing the grip on the dart. You'll be amazed at how much your grip can come back to life.
Use either an ultrasonic cleaner (keep the points clear though) or washingup-liquid/dishsoap and water and a good scrub. It's a good idea to keep the shafts in the barrels to minimise water getting into places where it's hard to dry. Dry thoroughly.

Always interested in the results of this

I've had my current darts over 2 years now and not cleaned them once
LOL even back in the day (now 36years old ) it wasn't my bag TBH Me and the boys ruled the night clubs every weekend and the lack of sleep and constant partying took its toll so tabs was essential but not weed or Coke or the hardcore substances we always steared clear of those
I find hair wax to be 100% better
Current darts: Robbie Green 21.5g Golds, GT twist  Target flights Red/Orange flames

Best Leg League 2016: 11
Best Leg Super League 2016: 10

Best Checkout 2016: 170/170 in 2017

Highest Match Average League 2016: 30.36
Highest Match Average Super League 2016: 33.4/31.98 2017

Highest Practice Average 2016 against opponent (8 legs): 30.03
Highest Practice Solo 2016(4 legs): 36.65/30.84 over 24 legs 2017
Highest Average in game all time:40.08

180's 2016 1159
(02-16-2017, 03:01 AM)robotman13 Wrote: I find hair wax to be 100% better

I agree and it is generally softer so easier to work with.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

I can't stand any foreign substances on my fingers when I throw (not even beer Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )