Shot Darts

Spinning shafts
Which shaft is better in spinners Super Grip or Pro Grip?  Thanks
Pro Grip's for sure. Super Grip's just don't feel as tight as the Pro Grip's. They also rattle more and get loose really fast if they weren't already.
I read here i think, that the Super's tines snap off easily, and gets loose and rattle.

As for the Pro, the tines seem sturdier, top doesn't get loose so fast, and if it does, pull it and apply more heavy grease. BUT on bounce-outs on hard surfaces, it snaps at the threads. My trial solution is to add the 2BA O-ring at the threads for cushioning. I threw my darts on my tiles a few times and it seems to work. Success will vary though as in colder climates, polycarb might get even more brittle. My country's all round the year average temp is something like 28 degrees.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-15-2017, 12:54 AM)joeriw96 Wrote: Pro Grip's for sure. Super Grip's just don't feel as tight as the Pro Grip's. They also rattle more and get loose really fast if they weren't already.

Yea I agree,  The Supers seem to rattle and feel "overly loose" in my opinion,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
As mentioned Pro-Grips are best by far.
Tried em again and I agree the Supers are "rattly" and burst easier,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Agreed the Supergrip shafts from Harrows seems brittle and break in the barrel ,,, not had a problem with the Target Progrip shafts so far ,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(04-17-2017, 03:47 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: Agreed the Supergrip shafts from Harrows seems brittle and break in the barrel ,,, not had a problem with the Target Progrip shafts so far ,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm Using Pro Grip Spin with Whizlock capped flights these days.  Thanks for your input.
I’m currently experimenting with the Dynastar system. They offer a very freely-spinning setup and are very lightweight. Trying to get the shaft length right. They will also allow for pop-off (versus deflection) in extremely tight grouping. Easy to put back on. Color selection is limited.
The spinning is quiet and creates quite a “fanfare” when the dart sticks in the board.
I agree with everyone Pro-Grip for sure, I have a set of Dynastars on order just to try out and see if I like them. I've tried Harrows Clic Flights and L style in the past but didn't stick with them
Bottelsen GG Hammerheads 25 gram, laser etched fixed point tips, punched Sininster Flights 
Piranha 22gram with 32mm laser etched tips, punched Pentathlon Flights
Target PT Power 8Zero BT 24gram, Unicorn Supertrue flights 
A couple of friends use various types of spinning shaft/flight set ups and claim that when another dart hits the flight it conveniently moves itself out of the way in a millisecond so as to not interfere with the trajectory of the incoming dart?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think its all a load of nonsense...but am willing to be proven wrong so if someone can prove that it works pretty much every time I will stand corrected but this would have to be on film showing some slow motion footage over a number of throws.

IMHO the flight's purpose is that of a stabiliser which keeps the dart's overall direction in line (if correctly fitted with appropriate size etc). So having anything that can wobble or spin in motion would appear to be counter productive.

Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Like the Pro Grips ,but I ‘m forever braking tangs so ..... not for me .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(10-25-2017, 06:35 PM)Dorian Wrote: A couple of friends use various types of spinning shaft/flight set ups and claim that when another dart hits the flight it conveniently moves itself out of the way in a millisecond so as to not interfere with the trajectory of the incoming dart?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I think its all a load of nonsense...but am willing to be proven wrong so if someone can prove that it works pretty much every time I will stand corrected but this would have to be on film showing some slow motion footage over a number of throws.

IMHO the flight's purpose is that of a stabiliser which keeps the dart's overall direction in line (if correctly fitted with appropriate size etc). So having anything that can wobble or spin in motion would appear to be counter productive.

Cheers Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Stabilizer is main function, I would agree. Not sure if physics of a stationary stabilizer versus a movable stabilizer can be proven, but that is a good point to bring forth.

I’m also not sure if a benefit has been realized regarding my experience with the spinners, but I’m still searching.

Just get a set and try them. That’s pretty much how I’ve been able to experience a product and how I respond to it. Golf Clubs, Baseball Mitts, Shoes, automobiles, beer, etc. It’s a personal preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(10-25-2017, 06:35 PM)Dorian Wrote: A couple of friends use various types of spinning shaft/flight set ups and claim that when another dart hits the flight it conveniently moves itself out of the way in a millisecond so as to not interfere with the trajectory of the incoming dart?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I have one set of spinners and they are dynastar ones on a set of 16g (converted soft tip) darts.
I do think the spinners are a gimmick. However, i will say the dynastar stem/flight combo whilst super spinny (yes i lost my adjectives) also seem very stable in the air and ive literally never had a bounce out with these darts. Not one.
Could be a coincidence but its the only of my 32 sets never to have bounced out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
(10-25-2017, 10:14 PM)DartyScoundrel Wrote:

Stabilizer is main function, I would agree.  Not sure if physics of a stationary stabilizer versus a movable stabilizer can be proven, but that is a good point to bring forth.

I’m also not sure if a benefit has been realized regarding my experience with the spinners, but I’m still searching.  

Just get a set and try them.  That’s pretty much how I’ve been able to experience a product and how I respond to it.  Golf Clubs, Baseball Mitts, Shoes, automobiles, beer, etc.  It’s a personal preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’s all in the mind folks, let’s face reality please… it’s like someone saying “I’ve been using spinning shafts for 3 years and my average score is improving.” The reality is that most probably they’ve simply become better players over this time and has nothing to do with flights but the kidology suits their thinking.

I am a firm believer spinning shafts/flights are of no discernible benefit. When in-flight the design allows them to spin away before contacting other darts. Therefore the ability of the previous darts in the board to spin as well adds nothing. Professionals I’m sure would use every bit of worthwhile technology available to give them any proven advantage so who’s using them?

If you group your darts well and your points are suitably roughened to maximise grip then you have to live with deflections. Blame yourself for being accurate but really… why the hell would you buy spinning/movable systems at several times the cost you’ll get just as many deflections when barrels hit not flimsy flexible normal flights and stems?

Cheers

Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best spinning shaft MadMike4 15 5,051 05-06-2020, 02:29 AM
Last Post: jcturbot
  Spinning Stems Pros/Cons? darthdunham 10 3,641 06-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Ancient Darter