Darts Buddy

Had a nightmare!
Bought the Vision 360. It came yesterday and I installed it after work. Simple enough job, It required me to take the screw out of the blade 4 to attach the backing plate for the light system and reattach. Did that, no issues. Or so I thought..
Throwing for about an hour or so, loving the light. Next thing, mate goes to take his darts out and the board came with it... Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I didn't take into account when removing the center screw and reattaching it that it would loosen the cork.

Be careful anyone installing one in the future..

Nice happy ending though, I went and collected a Blade 5 Duel core before work.. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
One more reason to like the One80 boards: they have a metal thread to put the screw in.
Glad you could pick up a new board so soon though, must have sucked if you had to wait to play again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-14-2017, 02:30 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: One more reason to like the One80 boards: they have a metal thread to put the screw in.
Glad you could pick up a new board so soon though, must have sucked if you had to wait to play again Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yeah definitely very handy. I was kind of hoping the Blade 5 would have the metal thread in the center..

What's your opinion on the One80?
(02-14-2017, 02:51 PM)MrDotD Wrote: Yeah definitely very handy. I was kind of hoping the Blade 5 would have the metal thread in the center..

What's your opinion on the One80?

Great board, wears very very well and it's very quiet too. Never played on a Blade 5 so can't compare the two though.
Share some pictures of the vision 360 and new board? I'm actually going to pick up a 360 tomorrow. Hopefully no issues taking the screw out. I have a 2 month old blade 5 dual core now. Not ready for a new board lol
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
(02-14-2017, 02:30 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: One more reason to like the One80 boards: they have a metal thread to put the screw in.

I didn't know they had a metal thread, that may just swing my decision towards the gladiator 3 over the blade 5 when I grab a new board in a couple weeks
This happened to my blade 5DC with the Vision 360 as well, it's 2017 and Winmau can't afford a simple metal thread, it's perfectly executed on the One80 boards, deffo get the G3 when you can Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I'm now using the deluxe Winmau bracket system to combat this.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
(02-14-2017, 08:29 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote: This happened to my blade 5DC with the Vision 360 as well, it's 2017 and Winmau can't afford a simple metal thread, it's perfectly executed on the One80 boards, deffo get the G3 when you can Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

This has me nervous now. Care to elaborate on the deluxe winmau bracket system?

I'm getting a 360 tomorrow but don't want to put it up if it's gonna ruin the back of my current board
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
(02-14-2017, 08:40 PM)John_B Wrote:
(02-14-2017, 08:29 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote: This happened to my blade 5DC with the Vision 360 as well, it's 2017 and Winmau can't afford a simple metal thread, it's perfectly executed on the One80 boards, deffo get the G3 when you can Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

This has me nervous now. Care to elaborate on the deluxe winmau bracket system?

I'm getting a 360 tomorrow but don't want to put it up if it's gonna ruin the back of my current board
This: https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...ts_id=4501

The 360 bracket adds too much pressure on the short screw, plus the wood backing on the Winmau's is too soft, it just pulls the screw from the board and breaks at the same time, thus rendering the board useless, so you'd need this bracket to continue playing in that case anyway?
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
If you're worried about it, my two pennies worth...

When you take your screw out to fit the vision 360, take a bunch of wooden cocktail sticks/toothpicks. Cut the sharp ends off of them and see how many you can jam into the hole. Then cut to just about the right length leaving a little over if you can't get them the exact length.

Fill the hole with wood glue then jam all the little wooden toothpicks in that you can. Allow to dry then redrill your centre hole and attach vision 360 and centre screw and hey presto, safe and secure new hole which the screw won't fall out of.
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
A friend of mine had this happen too. He bored the hole out a bit and installed a helicoil and everything was fine then.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Ouch, but nice remedy with the new board! Can I ask where you picked up the vision 360 from as I find that postage costs to NI are really high for it?
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

(02-14-2017, 06:51 PM)John_B Wrote: Share some pictures of the vision 360 and new board? I'm actually going to pick up a 360 tomorrow. Hopefully no issues taking the screw out. I have a 2 month old blade 5 dual core now. Not ready for a new board lol

The 360 with the new Blade 5..

(02-15-2017, 11:42 AM)ElusiveDouble85 Wrote: Ouch, but nice remedy with the new board! Can I ask where you picked up the vision 360 from as I find that postage costs to NI are really high for it?

I got the 360 from Dartscorner, I ordered new darts along with it as well so went for the fast track delivery with courier, delivery charges all in were £8. Ordered late on Thursday night and it was here early Monday.

Really nervous now with what Danger Mouse said about the screw. Makes complete sense, but i'm very apprehensive of drilling more holes into the wall. The place I live is rented.. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers for the info, £8 doesn't seem too bad actually. I thought it was a lot more last time I checked - I think I will check again!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Monster Nightmare & Ogre blacko 7 685 04-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Last Post: chris180