Harrows Darts.

Have you ever stubbornly clung to a set you like knowing it's not your best fit?
This is something that's been going on in my house for a while. My better half loves this one particular set but doesn't throw with it nearly as well as she throws with a much cheaper, "super boring" (her words) set. I don't really get this sort of thing because if I stuck to a set just because I like the name on it (in my case, Wade, whose darts I can't throw worth a damn), I'd be the worst player in my time zone. Have any of you ever done this, even for a little while - you know, throwing a set long after you've learned it really isn't for you?

If you have, please feel free to list the set you stuck with too long, I'm rather curious about this. And if you did stick with a set too long, what was the reason - you paid a lot for it, you just happen to like it, you like the name on it, etc?

Nope, If i cant use them i ditch them.....my only problem is i tend to only play with players darts, they dont have to be the current ones but if they have used them i will buy them. I'm sure plenty of non-players darts are just as good or better perhaps, but its just how i work.
(02-13-2017, 05:38 PM)Jamesr4300 Wrote: Nope, If i cant use them i ditch them.....my only problem is i tend to only play with players darts, they dont have to be the current ones but if they have used them i will buy them. I'm sure plenty of non-players darts are just as good or better perhaps, but its just how i work.

Do you tend to stick to darts of players you like, or - as an example - would you throw the arts of your least favorite player if they were a good fit for you?

I done that exact thing with my Taylor 9five gen 3
I loved em so much I kept plugging away with em, very inconsistently, til in the end they sat in a draw for a few months and got sold lol
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-13-2017, 05:34 PM)Berlin180 Wrote: This is something that's been going on in my house for a while. My better half loves this one particular set but doesn't throw with it nearly as well as she throws with a much cheaper, "super boring" (her words) set. I don't really get this sort of thing because if I stuck to a set just because I like the name on it (in my case, Wade, whose darts I can't throw worth a damn), I'd be the worst player in my time zone. Have any of you ever done this, even for a little while - you know, throwing a set long after you've learned it really isn't for you?

If you have, please feel free to list the set you stuck with too long, I'm rather curious about this. And if you did stick with a set too long, what was the reason - you paid a lot for it, you just happen to like it, you like the name on it, etc?
Maybe she isnt human,Troll has the same issues Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
180-1(33)
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Really good question,

I am currently sticking to my 9five Gen3s even though they seem to have lost all sense of direction....

why?......

1. Because they are by far the prettiest darts I have in my humble collection.
2.They cost my wife a small fortune
3. After alot convincing that they were worth the money I was warned 'you better bloody use them'.

Don't even like Phil Taylor ironically.

* To be fair I can throw just as good/bad with all my sets and would think twice (maybe) before purchasing another high priced set, considering I'm only a casual player.

*That's what I tell the missus anyways.

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
I find it hard to part with every set Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I'd be willing to bet everyone has...

Then one day you wake up... give your head a shake... and use some darts that work for your throw instead of what looks pretty.

I try any new set for a couple of weeks, if its not happening by then they go into the dead dart drawer, just lately all my darts should be in there though.
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Well, I played really well with the V180 Norris darts, than not played much for and I couldn't throw them after that. Still tried for weeks to get back with them where I was, but in the end I dropped them.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Wouldnt part with me 19gm Elvens even though theyre too light for me now,me dad paid for them on me 40th birthday so they have sentimental value.
Slingin' for Satan 
The Devils hand.......
I will torment you
OTMAPP......FYW
I was worried I wouldn't like my Daytona Fires as they were a gift from the missus, but luckily I've been throwing pretty well with them.

I am however scared to try another set in case I discover I'm better with my older sets. I think she'd kill me.
Kind of... The darts I use are my Harrows Duzzas (as I'm sure everyone knows by now) but I have a set of Merv Kings that I'm hopeless with but love the iconic shape. I like them as an object rather than as a dart to be thrown (yes, that sounds Nutz). I also have a set of 14g Hankeys that I'd never part with.

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Gen2.  In my humble opinion, an absolutely stunning set of darts to look at.  I simply had to have them and I convinced myself that they were worth every dime.  I might as well be throwing spoons!  Did that stop me?  Noooo!  "They just need some getting used to"....I kept telling myself......for a month!  Where are they now? Back in the box, on the shelf in the bedroom.  Talk about heartache!  LOL!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Yes,,, and Yes ,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I played against a ladies WC Semi-finalist without knowing it. bloopenator 14 733 01-23-2019, 07:11 AM
Last Post: theblindPew