Shot Darts

Hello from Belfast.
Always loved darts but never joined a team or even really played a competitive game, only against my son.Bought myself a dart board last year and a set of 23 gram Taylor darts from argos. Practice around twice a week for an hour a time. I have recently changed my throwing style and stance and have been hitting some good scores. My problem now is my darts are lying tail up. I have changed stems around to see if this will help me. Was thinking about getting a set of darts more back weighted to see if they will lie down more and not block the bed. Would be very grateful for any advice someone just starting off and about the darts sitting up. I have posted a few comments on YouTube before after watching the darts reviews (which are the best anywhere) so any feedback would be fantastic. Also if there is anyone from Belfast or any part of northern Ireland or the republic of Ireland It would be great to hear from you. Thanks again. Kevin

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Welcome! Probably best to also try to tinker with flights some more, for me they have a bigger impact on how the dart lands than changing stems.
Welcome aboard bud..good few N.I lads on here Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I'd agree with above, try a few different flight and stem combos...I find the flights make a huge difference...not just the shape, the thickness aswell
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
SLF territory.... How's tricks. Welcome.

Mate, I wouldn't bother with messing about with different barrels. See, depends how tail-up they lay in the board... it's not necessarily a problem, though depends if the first Dart is always a bit low, so then starts to block the triple and double beds and the upper single large segment beds - Ady Lewis' darts are well tail up for example - will be more of a case of getting used to to lie in the board.... You say that since you've changed your mechanics that NOW the darts are lying up; did they not before the change...?

My opinion from experience is that when darts lay, up, flat, or down.... it is all to do with length of stem, but more importantly size of flight... also, of course where and how you grip the barrel, whether it be front, or middle or rear position. Can be convoluted, mate. Try not to get caught in a confusing state of always changing grip and position on the barrel, this will just cause frustration... hold the barrel how feels natural, and just experiment with stem length and flight size/shape.

What Taylor barrels are they...?
Hello and welcome to the forum Kevin, I can only echo the previous comments. If your darts are flying straight then try smaller or larger flights or even different shaped flights.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Welcome to Nutz

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
(02-13-2017, 12:39 PM)ReggaeDarts Wrote: SLF territory.... How's tricks. Welcome.

Mate, I wouldn't bother with messing about with different barrels. See, depends how tail-up they lay in the board... it's not necessarily a problem, though depends if the first Dart is always a bit low, so then starts to block the triple and double beds and the upper single large segment beds - Ady Lewis' darts are well tail up for example - will be more of a case of getting used to to lie in the board.... You say that since you've changed your mechanics that NOW the darts are lying up; did they not before the change...?

My opinion from experience is that when darts lay, up, flat, or down.... it is all to do with length of stem, but more importantly size of flight... also, of course where and how you grip the barrel, whether it be front, or middle or rear position. Can be convoluted, mate. Try not to get caught in a confusing state of always changing grip and position on the barrel, this will just cause frustration... hold the barrel how feels natural, and just experiment with stem length and flight size/shape.

What Taylor barrels are they...?
Just a set I bought from Argos. 23 grams. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-13-2017, 12:47 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Hello and welcome to the forum Kevin, I can only echo the previous comments. If your darts are flt=ying straight then try smaller or larger flights or even different shaped flights.
Cheers buddy

Hello Kevin, welcome to the Nutz forum. :hithere:
Cheers buddy

Hi Kevin. Welcome to the forum.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Welcome mate
my whole family is from Belfast, in fact I was the first to be born in England...my daughter being the second lol, love getting over to Northern Ireland when i can it's a beautiful country Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Enjoy!
(02-13-2017, 02:46 PM)Walker Wrote: Welcome mate
my whole family is from Belfast, in fact I was the first to be born in England...my daughter being the second lol, love getting over to Northern Ireland when i can it's a beautiful country Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Enjoy!
Yeah it's a beautiful place no mistake. Thanks for the welcome buddy. Cheers

(02-13-2017, 02:23 PM)jschwab Wrote: Hi Kevin. Welcome to the forum.
Cheers buddy

Welcome to the forum - and as you can see, the Nutz are a friendly (and knowledgeable) bunch.  Enjoy the forum and get to know these darting madcaps - it's worth the trip guy!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from Belfast GAVIN2 14 233 11-23-2019, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Humdinger