Target Darts.

Monster Dragster duralumin stems - mini review
I've been using these stems for a few days now so thought I'd post a quick review. I've been using slim carbon stems with my soft tips for a while now and wanted something with a similar shape to use with my steel tips - these seemed to fit the bill. They're a two piece stem made from a hardened aluminium with a replaceable nylon top. The length of these is 35mm from barrel to bottom of flights - which corresponds to a medium length stem. These mediums weigh 1.40 grams each and are also available in 20, 25, and 30mm sizes.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They come with this handy stem holder which has 2ba threads and can used to carry a spare set of any type of stem. They are pretty much the same length as my L Style 370 slims and seem to perform about the same. The duralumin stem seems to be very strong indeed - time will tell if they last. The nylon tops also seem to be very durable so far. I've had no problems using them with all types of flight and ring/cap systems - L flights, Whizlocks, rings - they also hold a standard folding flight very well with no ring or cap.

They're available in black or red - a set of stems cost £9.95 UK and the spare tops are £2.50 for 3. I know a lot of players don't like two piece stems but I'll stick my neck out and say I'd recommend these if your after a very durable, slim dart stem. I also like that I only need to carry spare stem tops in my dart wallet, and, unlike a lot of other metal stems, these will work with just about any kind of flights. Cheers, Carlin.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Awesome idea, but for that money I'd just want to buy standard nylon spinners. I lose a tang off one of these, that's average 80p or so gone instead of 33 for a Pro Grip Spin stem. :s

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I have question can you use tops in these stems https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=18114
180-1(33)

(02-12-2017, 12:25 PM)Kosumo Wrote: Awesome idea, but for that money I'd just want to buy standard nylon spinners. I lose a tang off one of these, that's average 80p or so gone instead of 33 for a Pro Grip Spin stem. :s

I'd agree that £2.50 for 3 tops is a bit overpriced. I'll only use be using these with rings so should minimize the risk of broken tangs. i'll update the thread if I break one, cheers  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-12-2017, 12:59 PM)Troll Wrote: I have question can you use tops in these stems https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=18114

Interesting idea Troll. I just happened to have some Target carbon ti's knocking about so gave it a go. They fit perfectly - these are the mediums so it works fine if you use a short or extra short stem  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 

Thanks I will give this info to friend in Ukraine
180-1(33)

Great little review, thanks +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Considering a set of these now, have one question though: Are these heavier than a regular L-style shaft of the same lenght? Don't have a L-style one to weigh right now.
(02-12-2017, 03:04 PM)joeriw96 Wrote: Great little review, thanks +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Considering a set of these now, have one question though: Are these heavier than a regular L-style shaft of the same lenght? Don't have a L-style one to weigh right now.

Thanks joeriw96  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I ony have the L shaft 370 carbon slims here and they weigh 0.85g each - so the Dragsters are a good half gram heavier at 1.40 for the same length - Id imagine the nylon L shafts would be roughly the same weight - hope that helps
Nice review +1

Look nice stems and although not cheap they are not as expensive as the Cortex stems and you get a neat little holder with these Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(02-12-2017, 04:03 PM)4737 Carlin Wrote: Thanks joeriw96  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I ony have the L shaft 370 carbon slims here and they weigh 0.85g each - so the Dragsters are a good half gram heavier at 1.40 for the same length - Id imagine the nylon L shafts would be roughly the same weight - hope that helps

Cheers, unfortunately these will be too heavy for me then. Shame as I really liked the look of these.
great review! I saw these the other day and was thinking about trying them out +1
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
(02-12-2017, 04:25 PM)Getagrip Wrote: Nice review +1

Look nice stems and although not cheap they are not as expensive as the Cortex stems and you get a neat little holder with these Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Darren  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I considered those Cortex stems as my index finger is on the stem when I grip the dart - the only thing that put me off is not being able to use my flights of choice with them (Supertrues and L Style) - I agree, the stem holder is a nice touch from Monster - wonder if we'll see the other manufacturers including these with their premium stems

(02-12-2017, 05:42 PM)Titan Wrote: great review! I saw these the other day and was thinking about trying them out +1

Cheers Titan - I have to say they've impressed me so far - they're like a nylon / alum hybrid - have the strength of metal with the flights versatility of a nylon stem
Good review, thanks.

I've been using the 30 mm versions on my Cobras and Rising Suns for the last week. Love them so far, I'd try the Yoshimura Zero Fighter Duralumin shafts if they were £30 instead of £60.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
Very nice and comprehensive review Carlin! Definitely a +1 from me!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

On the whole, the Dragsters are very nicely priced, compared to the other Duralumin options of Cosmo the cheapest at around 30GBP from Hajime, but limited to only Fit Flights, which are expensive, and the traditionally designed Yoshimura Zero at 61 GBP before shipping. Both the Fit and Zero do not offer replaceable tops, and the Zero do not seem to be usable with a cap system, but may take ring lock system.

Zero: https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.28...MA%3D%3D.2

Fit: https://wdarts.s3.amazonaws.com/images/p...ALSLMa.jpg
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-13-2017, 08:05 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Very nice and comprehensive review Carlin! Definitely a +1 from me!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

On the whole, the Dragsters are very nicely priced, compared to the other Duralumin options of Cosmo the cheapest at around 30GBP from Hajime, but limited to only Fit Flights, which are expensive, and the traditionally designed Yoshimura Zero at 61 GBP before shipping. Both the Fit and Zero do not offer replaceable tops, and the Zero do not seem to be usable with a cap system, but may take ring lock system.

The Yoshimura Zero Fighter is a collaboration with L-Style so I believe it is compatible with champagne ring L-Style flights.  Not positive but it makes sense since L-Style also makes Yoshimura collaboration champagne flights.

Edit: I found this on Yoshimura's site on the Zero Fighter product page "Flight L Champagne ring exclusive shaft type 230 300 370"
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts
(02-13-2017, 08:41 AM)kungfuron Wrote:
(02-13-2017, 08:05 AM)Ancient Darter Wrote: Very nice and comprehensive review Carlin! Definitely a +1 from me!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The Yoshimura Zero Fighter is a collaboration with L-Style so I believe it is compatible with champagne ring L-Style flights.  Not positive but it makes sense since L-Style also makes Yoshimura collaboration champagne flights.

Edit:  I found this on Yoshimura's site on the Zero Fighter product page "Flight L Champagne ring exclusive shaft type 230 300 370"

Cool! But does that mean the Yoshi Champagnes are only compatible with the Zero?
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Volute points mini review Chappers 29 2,797 11-07-2020, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Bloodycut
  Archers Vice Grip stems review Getagrip 30 8,655 09-04-2020, 10:17 AM
Last Post: Spangle
  Mission Alicross mini review rich345 15 753 05-23-2020, 10:59 PM
Last Post: Dave_79
  mini review Kokoi Darts scoreboard Stalker 9 9,791 04-22-2020, 11:05 PM
Last Post: jcturbot
  Condor Axe: Mini review vanJupp 5 824 10-20-2019, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bkbum
  Target Titanium carbon stems review JayKay 24 10,121 01-08-2019, 03:04 AM
Last Post: John Weita
  RD Firestone II Wallet mini review joeriw96 17 5,518 01-07-2019, 02:58 AM
Last Post: hhigashi
  Cosmo Fit Shaft Carbon and Super Duralumin and Titanium review update Getagrip 21 4,536 01-02-2019, 03:41 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Cusoul Rost Integrated Stems and Flights Review Getagrip 12 4,286 09-26-2018, 01:39 PM
Last Post: donnie
  Accurate Dart AFS Product Update Review New Flights and Stems tested Getagrip 2 1,387 08-22-2018, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Getagrip