Shot Darts

VAT on DC orders
Hey, fellas!  Thinking about ordering a darts repointing tool from DC but need a little info on how the VAT works.  Is that something you just have to pay or do you recover that at some point?  I've seen mention of refunds on it before in other threads.  Just wondering what to expect.  Thank everyone!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
(02-12-2017, 04:31 AM)Red Wrote: Hey, fellas!  Thinking about ordering a darts repointing tool from DC but need a little info on how the VAT works.  Is that something you just have to pay or do you recover that at some point?  I've seen mention of refunds on it before in other threads.  Just wondering what to expect.  Thank everyone!

You'll notice two prices given with DC goods, one with VAT and one (in red) without.

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=67409

When you place your order the destination will determine if VAT is added or not, since you're in the States then no VAT.
GWN is right. VAT is Value Added Tax and you will not pay this as a U.S. citizen and it should not appear once you create your order.
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

Sweet! Thanks fellas!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
I'm moving to the states and then I will be buying my darts from UK as it will be cheaper Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-12-2017, 04:32 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I'm moving to the states and then I will be buying my darts from UK as it will be cheaper Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

You can move into our garage Darren, rent's low and I'll pay for the heat. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Might be cheaper but customs always seems to hold them for two weeks!
Target Taylor 9 zero soft and steel tip 

Boards: Gladiator 2 with Target Vision lighting system and Gran Board 2 soft tip with Target Corona lighting system. 

(02-12-2017, 05:02 PM)ranger86 Wrote: Might be cheaper but customs always seems to hold them for two weeks!

Sometimes longer. My 23g Adrian Lewis Pixel darts shipped November 25, the day after they were released. They arrived January 30. Overseas darts orders save money and teach patience.
(02-12-2017, 05:02 PM)ranger86 Wrote: Might be cheaper but customs always seems to hold them for two weeks!

And you need to pay to customs for parcel ?
may all the doubles be with you

I'm not 100% about the US but i think it's random when you pay customs, i've been only hit 3 times for duty over 40 plus orders here in Canada
(02-12-2017, 05:53 PM)Fred-180 Wrote: And you need to pay to customs for parcel ?

As far as I know darts are exempt from import duty/tax in the US, and if they are shipped via mail (as opposed to courier) there are no broker's fees either (note, never received courier shipment so not sure if there would be broker's fees). For the 10+ orders I have received from the UK, no additional charges at all beyond the no-VAT price and a few GBP shipping.
Ah OK
may all the doubles be with you

Is it better to go with PayPal with DC or just charge it directly?
- Red

Current Favorite:

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
(02-12-2017, 07:38 PM)Red Wrote: Is it better to go with PayPal with DC or just charge it directly?

I use PayPal, no need to give out your credit card details. Also, PayPal has a resolution process if there is a dispute with the seller.
(02-12-2017, 07:48 PM)bkbum Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 07:38 PM)Red Wrote: Is it better to go with PayPal with DC or just charge it directly?

I use PayPal, no need to give out your credit card details. Also, PayPal has a resolution process if there is a dispute with the seller.

That's what I'll do then.  Thank you for info!
- Red

Current Favorite:

Board:
Winmau Blade 5

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invicta Darts - now taking Pre Orders for 20th September Launch Poidisb 19 1,807 11-15-2019, 05:32 PM
Last Post: theblindPew
  How many orders in 2019 The G 40 1,480 05-04-2019, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Bloodycut