Target Darts.

Harrows Sonic 23g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXyayf4nq7U

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

So here we are with the other model in the Harrows Sonic range, these are 23g and 90% tungsten with a similar grip style as the ones I already reviewed but a shape a bit like the Cobalt darts, they are also available in 21 and 25 grams and retail for £43.95.

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a slim line box and are supplied with a Harrows hard plastic case, point protector, Harrows Supergrip clear stems in medium and Harrows standard shape Sonic flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The barrels have a tapered front half and a tapered rear half so kind of a squashed rugby ball shape with two different grips for each half.  Both halves have longitudinal grooves cut along with blue nitride coating in.  The front grip is made up of thin cut rings and then smaller almost like enclosed shark grip rings but is fairly edgy and grippy, probably just about high medium.  The rear half at first looks very aggressive and is not quite a razor grip so not as grippy as the other Sonics I reviewed but its more a mix of flattened shark grip and normal ring grip but the grooves cut along it adds some grip so I would say just about high level.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

Two barrels were an exact match and the third just three hundredths of a gram heavier:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved just behind centre:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

My usual front grip which was fairly comfortable too:

CONCLUSION:

I was expecting these to be similar to the Cobalts darts that I tried and they sort of were although I think these work a little better with my front grip and may probably feel a little easier to throw and seem a little better balanced too, and I think I prefer these over the Cobalts overall and whereas the Cobalts seem to work well when throwing a little flatter these are fine with my normal throw.  Got a little spin but they were mostly fairly smooth through the air.

I think from the middle or should I say just behind the smooth band is where the sweet spot seems to be, balance there is very nice and darts were smoother through the air and I got some of the nice grip there to help thrust the dart forward which was helpful.  

From the rear the grip positon was the most comfortable and I can see it been a nice dart for rear grippers although I think I was throwing them a little better around the middle but it just seems to sit better in the fingers at the rear even though it still feels weird for me to throw from there.  

Like the Cobalts though the shape and balance etc is just strange enough that it makes it hard to pinpoint the style of grip it will suit the most so also like those darts I think its one that may suit many styles but you will just have to try them and see.  For me I think I would say these worked better than the Cobalts and at a guess I would probably say people that liked to grip just past centre may get the best from them but I see no reason why they should not be just as good with full rear grippers.  I'm certainly happy enough with them as a frontie though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Once again the darts are machined very nicely and nothing wrong with the quality its excellent really.  

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (look good and nice shape)
Grip: 8.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 9 (2 exact)
Quality: 9 (very good)
Value: 8 (good)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (work well)

Best Feature: Balance Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Another great review Darren!!!
I like the way you say at the end "you gotta try it to see how you get on with them". That's what I like to hear Darren.
I might give these a go in the 21G version. I'd grip them just off the smooth middle section.
+1 as a motivational speaker..........spot on buddy
Great review Darren, +1. I was surprised they were 50mm. They looked less than that at first glance.
(02-11-2017, 09:42 PM)Dman1138 Wrote: Another great review Darren!!!

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-11-2017, 10:09 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: I like the way you say at the end "you gotta try it to see how you get on with them". That's what I like to hear Darren.
I might give these a go in the 21G version. I'd grip them just off the smooth middle section.
+1 as a motivational speaker..........spot on buddy

LOL I guess you could say that with every dart, I know I have had a few surprises sometimes with darts I thought would not suit me at all Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-11-2017, 10:47 PM)Humdinger Wrote: Great review Darren, +1. I was surprised they were 50mm. They looked less than that at first glance.

Cheers Bruce! Yeah it looks shorter, must be an optical illusion Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I get those every time I throw, I am sure they are in the T20 and it turns out they are in the 5 or 1 lol Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for the review, Darren.

These look nice. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But they are not my favorite shape and also too grippy, so saved money. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Great review as always Darren, top shelf. :thumbup:
(02-13-2017, 03:58 AM)vanJupp Wrote: Thanks for the review, Darren.

These look nice. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

But they are not my favorite shape and also too grippy, so saved money. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers and lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-13-2017, 04:00 AM)Great White North Wrote: Great review as always Darren, top shelf. :thumbup:

Thanks Brad Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Now those are certainly different! Great pictures of them and the grip. Like the squashed rugby ball description for the shape!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Are these the fastest darts alive? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

They're a snazzy dart indeed. And another top-notch job from the King of the Nutz.
They could be unless they come out with a Hyper-Sonic model Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

This is what I bought for my first darts. I like them but the grip at the rear is extremely high and while I’m sure my release is not great, I’ve had a few stick on my thumb and index finger. Would definitely recommmend them for someone looking for a lot of grip.
(01-16-2018, 10:19 PM)aceshigh08 Wrote: This is what I bought for my first darts. I like them but the grip at the rear is extremely high and while I’m sure my release is not great, I’ve had a few stick on my thumb and index finger. Would definitely recommmend them for someone looking for a lot of grip.

Yeah may be a little too grippy for beginners Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

My friend picked up these in 25g and absolutely loves them, I've thrown them and they are agreeable to me as well. Nice set of darts. They are a high grip dart to me which may or may not suit you but for me they are well balanced and offer a confident consistent flight. Really good darts!
 Darts I Use:
| Target Azzuri Cortex CX6 (25g) | Winmau Stratos (26g) | Target Daytona Fire DF03 (24g) | Harrows Wolfram Infinity (26g) | Phil Taylor G3 (24g) | Phil Taylor Legacy | Harrows Quantum (26g) | RvB 95 (25g) | Red Dragon Patriots (24g) | Voks Hellfire Helix (21g) | Eric Bristow Gold Ti (26g) | 
Unsatisfied with the grip of my MvG originals, and thanks to this review and input from vanJupp I've just ordered these for my birthday. Cant wait to give them a try

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harrows Oracle 23g Darts Review Getagrip 48 10,354 01-13-2021, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Harrows Supergrip Ultra Darts Review Getagrip 12 348 11-27-2020, 05:18 PM
  Harrows Swarm Darts Review Getagrip 10 461 11-27-2020, 10:58 AM
  Harrows Revere Darts Review Getagrip 10 327 11-24-2020, 06:51 PM
  Harrows Dave Chisnall Chizzy 23g darts review Getagrip 32 3,733 11-20-2020, 02:09 PM
  Harrows Noble Darts Review Getagrip 10 462 11-16-2020, 11:02 AM
  Harrows Fire Inferno Darts Review Getagrip 15 674 11-14-2020, 02:28 PM
  Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g Review Don Q 12 293 11-01-2020, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Don Q
  Harrows Predator 23g Darts Review Getagrip 32 9,897 08-13-2020, 04:08 PM
  Harrows Avanti 23g Darts Review Getagrip 16 2,211 06-02-2020, 06:58 PM
Last Post: volla