Shot Darts

A “Jim Pike hello”
Smile 
Hello all,

I'd like to introduce myself, and I also have a story that might be of interest to a few people on here. My name’s Tuomo and I’m from Finland.

I'm in the early stages of my darts playing, but my introduction to the sport was, shall we say, a little “different”. My father-in-law has over the years been telling me that he used to own a darts company. For many years I didn’t really think too much about it, but then one day I started looking into what his company really was, and then I realised what a major part in darts history he has played. He is actually the current owner of Jim Pike Darts Ltd. (no longer in operation). Moreover, to this date, he still has some untouched stock left.

For some background history; Jim Pike, Leo Newstead, Johnny Ross and Harry Head founded the company in 1945. I guess the company ended up in the ownership of Leo Newstead in the end. After Newstead's passing, my father-in-law purchased the company from Leo Newstead’s estate. My father-in-law worked as a darts promoter, and for a Swedish brewery at the time (he is Swedish), so it was a “natural progression” of things.

After the "slump" of darts popularity in the 90s and the competition from foreign producers, he decided to call it quits in the late 90s, rather than move manufacturing to low-cost-labour countries and fight in the very competitive market. (As you probably already know, all Jim Pike darts were manufactured in England).

Fast forward to today’s date, my father-in-law and I came to an agreement, and I acquired the remaining stock from him. Some I will keep for myself as darts history and memorabilia, but there is still enough to sell to the darts community. Some sets there are only a few of, others there are more of (some of the stock is still in Sweden so I still have to catalogue it). The sets are in absolute mint condition; my father-in-law is very meticulous, so everything has been stored sealed and in total darkness.

Some of you might have already seen my auctions on eBay and wondered where all this is coming from all of a sudden Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. (my eBay username is Jimpikedarts). I also have the Jim Pike catalogues, so if anyone has questions about their Jim Pike darts. I am happy to try to answer them. I can also check if a particular set of darts is actually Jim Pike. I of course also have a direct line to my father-in-law, for any trickier questions I am unable to answer myself. In any case, I’m happy to help, if needed.

Ok, this was a long message, so will leave it here. Nice to “meet” you all!

Regards,
Tuomo
Welcome to the official Facebook page of Jim Pike Darts!

Hi Tuomo and welcome to the forum, glad you finally got time to post Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Would be cool if you could may be make a PDF some day of the catalogue to share with interested members Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome! Interesting story and I'm sure a lot of members here wouldn't mind buying some sets (including me Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. )
Welcome to the forum.  I'm sure they'll be Nutz around shortly - they love darts!
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome,,,,Enjoy ,,, or should I say let us Enjoy,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ohhhh   Boy ...... :stressed:     Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Welcome to Nutz,

I have a feeling you're going to be quite popular.

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Ayup Tuomo

Welcome aboard, and thanks for sharing your very interesting story.

Shed

https://www.giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/njoyone1
Welcome
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Thank you for the warm welcome. Pdf of the catalogue is a good idea, I'll work on it. Anyone looking for a specific model is also welcome to send me a message and I'll check if I have it.

Welcome to the forum.

The very first set of darts I have owned were the straight knurled Jim Pike 18g soft tips. I bought them back in 1999 and to my big surprise, my teammate who I met later had bought exactly the same set. Out of the hundred models we two picked this one not knowing each other :-) From what I know he lost his darts somewhere and I sold the mine to a player who lost them later too.

I always thought that the Jim Pike brand transformed into Elkadart. Can you confirm that?
(02-10-2017, 10:01 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

The very first set of darts I have owned were the straight knurled Jim Pike 18g soft tips. I bought them back in 1999 and to my big surprise, my teammate who I met later had bought exactly the same set. Out of the hundred models we two picked this one not knowing each other :-) From what I know he lost his darts somewhere and I sold the mine to a player who lost them later too.

I always thought that the Jim Pike brand transformed into Elkadart. Can you confirm that?

Thanks. This is something I need to check with my father-in-law. I'll get back to you.

I might have your 18g softtips in stock  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-10-2017, 10:10 PM)Jike Wrote:
(02-10-2017, 10:01 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. This is something I need to check with my father-in-law. I'll get back to you.

I might have your 18g softtips in stock  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers for that. Not that I would be considering a purchase again :-) On the other hand, who knows?
Hello Jike. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.. What a great story to have in the family.
Welcome aboard! Very nice intro and bit of darts history! Interested to see some pictures!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5