Harrows Darts.

Red Dragon Delta or Target Phil Taylor Power 8Zero Black
Hi all

With a birthday fast approaching naturally i'm going to ask for a nice set of darts. 

I've narrowed it down to 2 choices.

The Red dragon Delta https://www.reddragondarts.com/delta-22-gram.html

Or 

The Target Phil Taylor Power 8Zero Black. https://www.target-darts.co.uk/steel-tip...-dart.html

Just looking for peoples opinions/reviews on these darts to help in aiding my decision.

Thanks in advance
Throwing Black PVD Coated Target Agora A01’s 22g darts at a Winmau Blade 5

Highest checkout - 141 (T20 T19 D12)
Best leg - 16 Darts x2

Both look great. I throw a straight barrel dart so I'd go for the delta's if I was looking for a contender to replace my darts. If I wanted to try something different then the Taylors.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

For me the barrel diameter would be the main part of the decision. I prefer a slimmer dart so the deltas would get the nod. Also I love the grip on my Mambas so another tick for the deltas. But the Taylor's certainly look nice. First time I've seen that model actually.
As said both lovely darts, I personally would go for the Taylors on looks alone, but that's apparently NOT the recommended way to purchase darts. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Edit: Dart Tart alert..... Going on your name, both Sets would look awesome in a Star Wars setup.

The Red Dragons are perfect for an R2D2 scheme, and Obviously the Taylors being Black...............

You're welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
(02-09-2017, 01:43 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote: As said both lovely darts, I personally would go for the Taylors on looks alone, but that's apparently  NOT the recommended way to purchase darts. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I disagree. It's the best reason to buy dartsGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Proud Dart Tart
(02-09-2017, 01:43 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote: As said both lovely darts, I personally would go for the Taylors on looks alone, but that's apparently  NOT the recommended way to purchase darts. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Edit: Dart Tart alert..... Going on your name, both Sets would look awesome in a Star Wars setup.

The Red Dragons are perfect for an R2D2 scheme, and Obviously the Taylors being Black...............

You're welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Tez

If i go with the Target darts it's pretty much guaranteed i'll be adding my own Sith lord twist to then.

Best leg - 16 Darts x2

(02-09-2017, 01:43 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote: As said both lovely darts, I personally would go for the Taylors on looks alone, but that's apparently  NOT the recommended way to purchase darts. 

A tremour has run through DartsNutz with this statement.

Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Deltas for me definitely!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
If the grip suits I'd go for the Delta's as well Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
(02-09-2017, 02:30 PM)jc14 Wrote:
(02-09-2017, 01:43 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote: As said both lovely darts, I personally would go for the Taylors on looks alone, but that's apparently  NOT the recommended way to purchase darts. 

A tremour has run through DartsNutz with this statement.

[Video: https://youtu.be/EKu7TYWNxqA]

Nothing like  backing your assertions with a Jedi Master!  Brilliant!
Levonster, Out
I would pick the deltas purely because of the new style grip on them. The taylor's would probably suit me better, but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to try out the grip on the deltas!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

The Targets have a quirky shape so depending on your grip you may not get on with them, but that quirkiness has an aesthetic appeal if that's your thing. I'd say the RD has the better grip though.
My personal choice would be for the Targets because I can't throw a straight dart effectively due to my grip; the dart needs to be more elliptical.

I chuckled when reading Target's hype talk of average or mundane aspects of the dart - "is machined from an ultra-dense 80% Tungsten billet" - "hand loaded into a Japanese CNC lathe"....
The grip on the Deltas look great. The Target ones, to me anyway, look like they would be for someone who grips near the front of the dart (which is strange since Phil grips the back) since a scallop would usually be placed at the main grip point of the barrel. Alternatively somone who grips the middle of the dart but also uses the middle finger rather prominently?

So it would depend on your grip. I reckon most people could get along with the Delta, but the Target darts looks rather particular and are a bigger risk.
So it turns out i'm not getting either set for my birthday.

As I've just found out the wife has order me a set of Unicorn Gary Anderson phase 3 WC 2016 23g darts instead.

I'm not even mad because they're a good looking set of darts and TBH would probably suit me better than the Target darts, just wish she would have splashed the cash a bit more and forked out for the gold limited edition ones.

Best leg - 16 Darts x2

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Taylor's Target Contract Moosie 21 876 01-18-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: jt4527
Information Phil Taylor Datadarts Gary Meehan 3 216 11-10-2020, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Gary Meehan
  Phil taylor phase 5 JayKay 4 221 09-26-2020, 06:35 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Phil Taylor Darts From Home mc1958 22 1,250 06-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: barneyarmy
  Phil Taylor & The 2008 PDC World Championship LethalEagle 3 626 03-29-2020, 06:10 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Phil Taylor phase 1-5 darts set-ups Wayne23uk 4 701 01-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Wayne23uk
  Phil Taylor Phase 1, World Champion or something else? Humdinger 8 2,115 10-09-2019, 10:20 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  PHIL TAYLOR, GOOD FOR DARTS! PREACHERMAN 26 1,111 09-30-2019, 04:13 AM
Last Post: PREACHERMAN
  Unicorn Legend Phil Taylor Darts: Any info about them? vanJupp 3 534 04-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Last Post: vanJupp
  Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 20g Soft-tip Question bkbum 0 251 03-19-2019, 09:05 AM
Last Post: bkbum