Harrows Darts.

Suggestions for my grip style
Any help for darts with my grip style. Every dart I seem to always grip at the rear. These are not the darts i use. I am currently using harrows fire 21g. I grip it the same as the picture. I struggle with a consistent grip and release also.
I'm a rear gripper as well and I tend to like a slightly longer barrel with some sort of "marker" like a scallop or a short smooth section at the back end. That way my fingers can find the same spot on the barrel everytime without taking my eyes off of the target.  Your grip is actually very similar to mine.  See the pic below.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
I think thats what i need is something like a "marker". Im trying little adjustments with my thumb and fingers to help and also trying to slow my throw down. My darts go straight at the board and land with just a little tail up. I have the harrows fire 21g setup with extra short tems and slim flights. Seems to be the best combo right now.
Having that marker, for me, removed that unwanted variable and has allowed me to pay more attention to the mechanics of my throw.  Which is nice because it's lead to better consistency and accuracy.  I mean, MVG has nothing to worry about but I'm starting to bust a few bubbles around the house pretty regular!  I'm loving the Phase 3 Purist right now but I recently picked up a set of Red Dragon Javelins that I really like, too!  Both are around 54mm in length and have a transition between textures right where I grip so it's really easy to find that same spot over and over again.  Good hunting to you!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Awesome. Thanks. Keep busting those bubbles.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Virtual Darts suggestions... DagrDart 2 252 03-26-2020, 01:21 PM
Last Post: DagrDart
  Dart suggestions or anyone using these Hazza 5 512 11-25-2019, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Levonster
  What Dart Shape and weight for my throw style and grip? hawk45 7 1,001 01-03-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: DanC.Licks
  Dart suggestions please..... LordWotsit 3 585 05-24-2017, 12:46 AM
Last Post: ReggaeDarts
  Which Bristow style dart has the most grip? Invictus 8 1,181 04-26-2016, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Invictus
  I would like your suggestions Zulu Ninja 12 1,503 12-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Zulu Ninja