Harrows Darts.

MVG: Taylor too old for darts
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
World No 1 Michael van Gerwen claims 16-time world champion Phil Taylor is too old to play darts and "should have retired two years ago".

The Dutchman has made it clear that he thinks Taylor's plans to retire at the end of the next World Championship will come to fruition.

'The Power' has established himself as the greatest-ever darts player during his illustrious trophy-laden career.

The 56-year-old has won 216 professional tournaments which include an unprecedented 84 major titles, and despite regularly averaging over 100 during tournaments, Van Gerwen thinks he should have called it a day two years ago.

"This time I believe him," Van Gerwen told Sky Sports. "He's said that he was going to retire before, but he never did. I think he's getting a little bit old and his focus to win 100 per cent has gone - it's time for him to retire. He should have done it two years ago.

"He's also a winner, a bit like me, but I know it's difficult to give up. I've also said that I want to retire when I'm 40, but you can't see into the future because things in the world can change so quickly.

"If I want to stop playing, I'd want to stop after a huge win."

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Van Gerwen admits he is always "aiming for perfection" as the man who is the most dominant force in darts looks to retain his Premier League crown.

The world No 1 succeeded Gary Anderson as both Premier League and world champion inside a phenomenal past 12 months which featured an unprecedented 26 tournament wins.

And he remains in confident mood as the Premier League roadshow heads to Nottingham, despite suffering a shock defeat to Thursday night's opponent Peter Wright at the Coral UK Open Qualifiers at the weekend.

"I hope I can keep breaking records because breaking record is a nice thing," said the 27-year-old. "What I'm doing now, you have to think, 'hey, I'm doing something special' but sometimes I don't really realise what I'm doing because I'm aiming for perfection.

"I put my put myself under so much pressure that I expect to play well. It's not normal, but it's not a bad problem to have.

"I like to win every game I play and of course it's not possible, but you have to aim for it. I'm a winner and I don't like losing. Anything that I do, even if it's a game of monopoly, I have to win it. It's how I am and it's what I do."
Not sure what he means by "too old".
I hope Michael isn't forgetting he's talking about the same person who beat him twice in the Champions League, 10-4 and 11-5. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
I think he is right. The Power is out of gas. The killer instinct is gone. He, for sure, is still one of the best players in the world. But he is not on the top anymore. Not even on his own top level.

Sure it is hard to let that go what was you life for 30 years, but it is better to say goodbye from the top of the table and not from the bottom of it. And right now Phil is on the way down.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

Things like this really makes me think MvG has less braincells than a monkey. Taylor still is making a pretty decent living by just showing up basically. And as Kosumo said he did win the Champions League of Darts.
I think MvG i just trying to say that it would be shame if Taylor has to leave the circuit like this (fading out without a major win) And at this point it's harder and harder to win a major. MvG isn't the best person to put this in words i guess :p
Well if Taylor needed a reason to beat mvg, he's just been given a gold plated one.

Chris..
I was really on MVG after his Adams interview ,but then I read somewhere he may have some form of autism ,so it really dont bother me now
180-1(33)

(02-08-2017, 12:33 PM)Kosumo Wrote: I hope Michael isn't forgetting he's talking about the same person who beat him twice in the Champions League, 10-4 and 11-5. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My thoughts 100%, your never too old.
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

I don't know when this interview was given, but in reality, Phil has been saying pretty much the very same thing for a couple months now when he's been interviewed. I've heard him state several times that he no longer wants to put in the time, take on the travel or enter into all the tournaments available on the circuit. Just this past weekend I heard him say he feels tired and achy, especially in the floor tournaments when you can be waiting around for hours on end before being called up to play.

So, maybe MVG waited just lone enough to add his two cents to this and is coming off like a bit of a tool. But he's not saying anything Phil hasn't already said.
It's going to be a heated match in the Premier league on 16th March 2017
Throwing Black PVD Coated Target Agora A01’s 22g darts at a Winmau Blade 5

Highest checkout - 141 (T20 T19 D12)
Best leg - 16 Darts x2

You can see it Phil's posture,, his expressions ,,,,he is a tired old man,, the years on the road have caught up to him,,,
that dosen't mean count him out just yet ,,, I think on his way out he will still make an impact in 2017 as in a major or 2 ,,,and even then he will never be completely out of darts,,,,, A well rested Taylor on tournament day would give any opponent a run for their money,,, their is a song by Toby Kieth ,,,, I ain't as good as I once was,,,,,But I'm as good once as I ever was ,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The Dutch are very direct and this is often misinterpreted by Brits as being brash or arrogant. How do I know? Dad English, Mum Dutch. I think that is what happened here as well.
Darts: Unicorn Wez Newton Purist DNA 22g
Board: Unicorn Eclipse Pro
Highest out: 120 (T20, 20, D20)
180s: 3 (but Flight School will sort that)
3 Dart average: 49.87 (up already George Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images...)
Hmmm never count the Power out lol.
Taylor's accomplishments over the two years that MVG thinks he should have been retired for would be the envy of most tour card holders during that time. Assuming MVG was quoted accurately, I don't see an excuse for his disrespect towards the greatest player who ever lived, even if Taylor himself is an ass. 

As for the Dutch being brash as a people, I haven't seen this sort of crap from other Dutch players, only MVG. Look at his words about Martin Adams, a cancer patient in his sixties. Was that necessary? Would most Dutch have done that? I don't see Barney running around in a Captain Gumflap cape acting like a disrespectful ass, just MVG. Whatever flak he's getting for this, I think he deserves it if he was quoted accurately.