Target Darts.

Target Alan Norris 24g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK1Ju58b4_A

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

I reviewed the previous version of the Alan Norris darts which were 22g and I think they were only available in 22g then if I remember rightly but now they are also in 24g and they have some additional grip at the rear so time to do an updated review of the new Target version.  These are 90% tungsten and retail for £27.95 and you can still get a 22g version too.  You can find more info on the Target site here: https://www.target-darts.co.uk/steel-tip...orris.html

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in the usual Target slim packaging with the foam insert holding the darts ready assembled with some short Pro Grip stems and some very nice Alan Norris Ultra Vision standard shape flights and of course the little leaflet with the lifetime barrel guarantee:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

Its a straight barrel dart as you can see with a squarish bull nose.  It has a mix of fine thin rings and grooves and normal sized rings and grooves with the rear section now having a micro grip on the rings.  I cant find my old version but I think the new version feels just a little bit edgier it may be the same but it could also be because its a little wider in 24g so I might be feeling the rings a little more?  I would say its a medium level overall though.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

All three were an exact match so excellent!:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was slightly front weighted:

With supplied setup  it moved to centre:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

I gripped these right near the nose on the fine ring grip:

CONCLUSION:

Although these darts now have some addittional grip on the rear of the barrel it did not do much for me as a front gripper but the main change for me over the previous version is obviously that they are 2 gram heavier and a little wider.  Length is still the same which is usually a good length for me but I think I prefer these slightly heavier version and like I said above the grip does feel a little stronger but I suspect when my fingers are sweaty it will most likely feel less grippy like the previous version did.  Still a very nice dart to throw though, mostly very smooth with just a little bit of spin at times.

From the middle was very nicely balanced in my grip and probably smoother than it was for the front through the air and felt nicely weighted too.

For rear grippers and especially those that like to grip right near the end of the barrel these may be very nice darts for you.  That micro ring grip on the rear was very nice and was giving me some nice thrust behind the dart due to the slight slope there.

So still very nice darts and ones that will work well for various grips so a very good all rounder I think.  The grip on the rear is a nice update but I dont think there was a lot wrong with the way they were in the first place I think I made the remark I would have liked more grip on the front on the originals but after throwing these a little longer they seem fine, not had any slips so far.

Nicely machined and not too expensive a set although a little more that what the previous version cost but still good value.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (nice)
Grip: 6.5 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 10 (perfect!)
Quality: 8 (overall good)
Value: 7.5 (good)
Suitability for me: 8 (feel better in this weight)

Best Feature: Nice all rounder Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Seems to be better value for money with these than the A180 Norris darts. Surely a longer point and a touch more grip and you'd probably have another PDS (perfect Dartsnutz setupGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) for yourself.

Another great review - but it would've been phenomenal if when you were throwing these darts you'd put this on - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPSyYqKC-5Q - Stalling from Topher Mohr & Alex Elena like Darts Review Channel Germany did when they reviewed the 22g version. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Anyway, +1 from me.
I had these in 22 grams and if I recall, they seemed to fly kind of oddly so I traded them away. I always wanted to try them in 24 grams though - how much are you asking for them?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

+1 Great review!!!
I thought the same thing Nucky, they fly odd for me. They are a little on the short side for me so maybe that's why they felt odd to me. Great review as always Darren!
Another great review Darren, thanks for posting.
Great review.
Throwing Black PVD Coated Target Agora A01’s 22g darts at a Winmau Blade 5

Highest checkout - 141 (T20 T19 D12)
Best leg - 16 Darts x2

Had my eye on a set of these for a while now. Another good review from yourself has convinced me I need to get a set!
Thanks for the review Darren. Have these since christmas, it's a very nice dart. Especially for people, who like shorter barrels.

(02-07-2017, 08:45 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think they were only available in 22g then if I remember rightly but now they are also in 24g

Just as an correction. The V180 version was also available in 24g.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(02-07-2017, 09:30 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Seems to be better value for money with these than the A180 Norris darts. Surely a longer point and a touch more grip and you'd probably have another PDS (perfect Dartsnutz setupGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) for yourself.

Another great review - but it would've been phenomenal if when you were throwing these darts you'd put this on - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPSyYqKC-5Q - Stalling from Topher Mohr & Alex Elena like Darts Review Channel Germany did when they reviewed the 22g version. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Anyway, +1 from me.

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Yeah I was actually thinking at times when throwing that the point was a touch short Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-07-2017, 10:22 PM)Nucky Wrote: I had these in 22 grams and if I recall, they seemed to fly kind of oddly so I traded them away. I always wanted to try them in 24 grams though - how much are you asking for them?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

+1 Great review!!!

I never noticed anything odd, fly very smooth save for some spin for me. Would probably be cheaper for you to buy them new I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-07-2017, 10:33 PM)Tormentor Wrote: I thought the same thing Nucky, they fly odd for me. They are a little on the short side for me so maybe that's why they felt odd to me. Great review as always Darren!

Must be how certain darts suit certain styles but usually the 48mm is a good length for me but I have gotten better with longer barrels of late Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Cheers!

(02-07-2017, 10:57 PM)Dman1138 Wrote: Another great review Darren, thanks for posting.

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-07-2017, 11:19 PM)Dart_Vader Wrote: Great review.

Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-08-2017, 12:42 AM)Bones Wrote: Had my eye on a set of these for a while now. Another good review from yourself has convinced me I need to get a set!

Thanks! Certainly a nice enough dart and worth a try Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-08-2017, 12:48 AM)vanJupp Wrote: Thanks for the review Darren. Have these since christmas, it's a very nice dart. Especially for people, who like shorter barrels.

(02-07-2017, 08:45 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I think they were only available in 22g then if I remember rightly but now they are also in 24g

Just as an correction. The V180 version was also available in 24g.

Thanks mate, yeah I just could not remember, I think what puzzled me is why I went for the 22g and not 24g originally? Hmm, thanks for the info though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Cracking review again Darren, Ive got these (in 24g ) and although they feel really good I just cant get on with them,  feel really slippy to me and I end up with a lot more "wayward" darts,  ( or more wayward then usual) !
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Fantastic review as always.

I'm terrible but I find myself pushed to buy a dart for £30+ that are similar to what Darts Clearance sell for £10
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

(02-08-2017, 02:01 PM)Bounce Out Wrote: Cracking review again Darren, Ive got these (in 24g ) and although they feel really good I just cant get on with them,  feel really slippy to me and I end up with a lot more "wayward" darts,  ( or more wayward then usual) !

Thanks Ian! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Yeah I think the first ones I tried got slippy when my fingers were a little sweaty, so far I have not had the same problem but I don't think my fingers have been that sweaty of late so may be the reason why?

(02-08-2017, 03:11 PM)NiteEyez Wrote: Fantastic review as always.

I'm terrible but I find myself pushed to buy a dart for £30+ that are similar to what Darts Clearance sell for £10

Cheers Luke! I think we all think a dart should be of a certain price to warrant a seal of approval but I think its just down to how we get influenced by the marketing really.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review as ever +1.

There would not be enough grip to tempt me but a fine looking set of darts, really like the flights.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Thanks mate! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great review. A very simple dart - nothing wrong with that at all. They don't look like they have enough grip for my tastes in that front section, but the micro grip at the rear does look nice
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 12 555 Yesterday, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 843 Yesterday, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 583 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 259 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,209 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark
  Target Phil Taylor Power 9Five Generation 7 Darts Review Getagrip 9 496 10-31-2020, 04:47 PM
  Target Daytona Fire 22g darts review Getagrip 196 107,468 10-11-2020, 12:47 PM
  Target RVB 95 Generation 3 Darts Review Getagrip 12 597 10-10-2020, 11:17 AM
  Target Gabriel Clemens Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 17 1,164 10-03-2020, 06:26 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  Target Bolide 02 SP 21g Review YoungStarDC 32 2,255 08-11-2020, 03:04 AM
Last Post: Gooddark