Harrows Darts.

Michael "Face Like A Slapped Arse" Smith
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thankfully the darts look better than he does Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Yea he plays in our Tuesday night league and he`s just the same, never seems to look like he`s enjoying himself,
Match DartsUnicorn Gary Anderson Phase 4, 25g

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

(02-07-2017, 01:10 PM)Bounce Out Wrote: Yea he plays in our Tuesday night league and he`s just the same, never seems to look like he`s enjoying himself,

Michael Smith plays in your league? That's pretty cool
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
(02-07-2017, 01:10 PM)Bounce Out Wrote: Yea he plays in our Tuesday night league and he`s just the same, never seems to look like he`s enjoying himself,

I'm not surprised lol
He's started to grow on me a bit, it's like what I put on the Lewis thread last night that Smith looking like his mother just died is just natural for him, whereas Lewis used to actually have some personality but seems to have lost it and become disinterested
We were talking about Lewis the other night and we said he looked really "unmotivated",  as for Smith he always gets to play if his team is getting beat or drawing, I  think Mikes "persona" really makes him feel unapproachable and standoffish and people really feel that, he has changed since Anderson became his Manager and I think he needed that,
And as for Tuesday night "Pub " darts, 3 years ago he left me on 404 and he checked out !!!!!

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

Lewis is having some serious confidence issues, hopefully he pulls his finger out soon cos he ain't half entertaining when he's bang on form
Yeah you definitely get that vibe with smith, but it's just natural to him so I wouldn't expect someone to be anything other than themselves...that being said it wouldn't hurt to crack a smile once in a while lol
(02-07-2017, 01:52 PM)Walker Wrote: Lewis is having some serious confidence issues, hopefully he pulls his finger out soon cos he ain't half entertaining when he's bang on form
Yeah you definitely get that vibe with smith, but it's just natural to him so I wouldn't expect someone to be anything other than themselves...that being said it wouldn't hurt to crack a smile once in a while lol

I think if he made himself more approachable he would gain a lot more favour with fans,

"Nil Satis Nisi Optimum"

A lot of the pros mentioned above would have to be a wee bit down. Playing every week and getting beat down my MVG and Anderson would get tiresome, and in some instances embarrassing. All of the premier league regulars have to feel that way. Lewis obviously has a lot of pride and that would be hard to swallow. It's gotten to almost a 2 horse race anymore. I often wonder if that is part of the reason also why Taylor is hanging them up.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

What weight are they Walker?
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
(02-07-2017, 02:24 PM)AD18 Wrote: A lot of the pros mentioned above would have to be a wee bit down. Playing every week and getting beat down my MVG and Anderson would get tiresome, and in some instances embarrassing. All of the premier league regulars have to feel that way. Lewis obviously has a lot of pride and that would be hard to swallow. It's gotten to almost a 2 horse race anymore. I often wonder if that is part of the reason also why Taylor is hanging them up.

Think you got a good point there mate, especially about Taylor, everyone knows he still has the talent to compete with anyone but he obviously doesn't like playing 2nd fiddle to MvG and Ando. I think if MvG was out of the picture he'd play on for a few more years
(02-07-2017, 02:33 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote: What weight are they Walker?

22g mate, I think they only come in 22
Thanks, they also come in 24g, been looking at these for a long while now, just never seem to pull the trigger? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts: Target Carrera C10 - 24g
Dartboard: One80 Gladiator II
Lighting: Target Vision 360
Surround: Winmau Orange
(02-07-2017, 02:43 PM)Danger Mouse Wrote: Thanks, they also come in 24g, been looking at these for a long while now, just never seem to pull the trigger? Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Great darts mate, I got em cos recently I've started to grip the stem and with Smith being a stem gripper too I thought what better darts Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I've always been an extreme tear gripper but gripping the stem where it meets the barrel has given me a perfect datum point, and it works on every barrel too. I mean some barrels might not have and grip where you want it but every barrel has a point where it meets the stem lol
(02-07-2017, 02:42 PM)Walker Wrote:
(02-07-2017, 02:24 PM)AD18 Wrote: A lot of the pros mentioned above would have to be a wee bit down.  Playing every week and getting beat down my MVG and Anderson would get tiresome, and in some instances embarrassing.  All of the premier league regulars have to feel that way.  Lewis obviously has a lot of pride and that would be hard to swallow.  It's gotten to almost a 2 horse race anymore.  I often wonder if that is part of the reason also why Taylor is hanging them up.

Think you got a good point there mate, especially about Taylor, everyone knows he still has the talent to compete with anyone but he obviously doesn't like playing 2nd fiddle to MvG and Ando. I think if MvG was out of the picture he'd play on for a few more years

And so do you about Taylor.   He spent a good part of his career being the top dog and the one all the other players really didn't want to face other than in a finals match.   The proof of his prowess was when opponents beat him in the quarterfinals or semifinals and almost always went on to lose the next match----AKA "The Taylor Curse."   I think it took so much out of them to accomplish that feat that they had nothing left in the tank in the next match.

Phil simply doesn't like losing and he's been doing that regularly for a couple years now, and add to the fact he will NEVER be World's #1 again and I think he'd rather exit somewhat gracefully than face another year of what he likely considers mediocrity.
To be fair, if he plays in a local league he is probably enjoying his darts enough.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unicorn Michael Bully Boy Smith Phase 2 24g lovejoy 11 1,588 08-20-2018, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Patoile