Double Top Darts.

Hi Everyone
Hi everyone, i'm Sean from north east Scotland, been playing darts for a few years now. Been hovering about the forum for a bit but finally signed up. Struggling with my form at the minute, my doubles have deserted me. Always seems to happen after the christmas break in the pub league! But worryingly my big scoring has become intermittent also, started throwing alot of wayward darts. Anyway enough about my struggles, some good practice will sort that hopefully! Also sticking to a set of darts. Think i've found them now though, chris dobey barrels, medium unicorn gripper 3 stems and big wing flights. Used to be a front gripper but recently changed to a medium/rear while trying to get a bit more consistent and to try and avoid the flight catching under my eye when throwining

Look forward to getting to know more people on here.

Sean
Welcome! Have you tried flightschool? Will give you loads of good advice and practice drills.
Flight School rocks!  And welcome to the Nuts and the forum!  The Nutz are a fine bunch to hang with.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
welcome to DNF!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Will look into flight school thanks. Also this will sound strange. I write left handed but throw a dart right handed. I have tried with my left, its more of a direct flight path but cant seem to aim the way i can when throwing with my right

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Hello Sean, welcome to the Nutz forum. :hithere:
Welcome to Nutz

Cheers
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Welcome to the NUTZ, Sean! Flight School is definitely a great thing! Enjoy the forum!
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
Welcome,,,,,Enjoy,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hi Sean. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..
Welcome to the forum Sean. Great place to improve your game. Flight School is highly recommended.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Welcome aboard Sean Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

(02-05-2017, 10:36 PM)sean140 Wrote: Will look into flight school thanks. Also this will sound strange. I write left handed but throw a dart right handed. I have tried with my left, its more of a direct flight path but cant seem to aim the way i can when throwing with my right

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum Sean!

I'm the same way, write with my left but throw right. I've never even tried to throw with my left it would feel very unnatural.
Welcome to the forum Sean, settle in and enjoy Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. there are lots of hints and tips and practice games on the forum to try out that could help you with any issues you may want to work through. As others have said flight school is also worth a look
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Welcome Sean. You may want to check which of your eyes is the dominant one. If you write left handed and throw right handed, you may not be aligning your stroke with your dominant eye.
Joe

22gm Target Carrera C4's
Started Darting October 2014