Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Michael Van Gerwen 23 Gram comparison XQ Max, Masterdart, Mckick
Hello Everyone, I hope everyone is having a good weekend. Here are some pictures for MVG's 23 grams darts.

Mckicks, Masterdart, Xq Max, Xqmax brass

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice shots, thanks for sharing.
nice comparisons, thanks for posting! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Length of Mckicks

Length of Masterdarts

Length of XQ max

Length of Xq Max Brass
Very interesting, thanks for sharing Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I took a picture of the Mckicks width but my buddy who's camera I borrowed deleted the picture when he was editing. He is not into darts so he probably didn't know the importance of that picture. Plus the picture probably came out bad. Anyways I remeasured it and it clocked in at 6.0 MM. Here are the Pictures for the rest.

Masterdart Width
Came out 6.3 MM when I remeasured it. I was in a bit of rushed and didn't clamp it tight enough in the picture. Basically the same exact witch as the XQ max in next picture.

Xq Max Width

Xq Max Width
Also had pictures for a weight match test but my buddy deleted those too.  So here are just the numbers.

Mckicks: 22.9, 23.1, 23.2

Masterdart: 23.1, 23.0, 23.0

XQ Max: 23.1, 23.1, 23.1

XQ Max Brass: 23.0, 23.0, 23.0
Another side note. Mckicks in picture are newer version with dull cut grip. Refer to this thread to understand what i'm talking about.

https://dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=24723
(02-05-2017, 08:28 PM)Th3BigFish Wrote: I took a picture of the Mckicks width but my buddy who's camera I borrowed deleted the picture when he was editing. He is not into darts so he probably didn't know the importance of that picture. Plus the picture probably came out bad. Anyways I remeasured it and it clocked in at 6.0 MM. Here are the Pictures for the rest.

Masterdart Width
Came out 6.3 MM when I remeasured it. I was in a bit of rushed and didn't clamp it tight enough in the picture. Basically the same exact witch as the XQ max in next picture.

Xq Max Width

Xq Max Width

I hate to ask because I've never even seen a set of those in person, but 6.0 for the McKicks? Is there any way I could ask you to measure it again?

Thanks Th3BigFish for posting this info, I'd not seen this thread before before.  I'll add the info to the forum database tommorow... remind me if I don't.  Oh, and what Berlin180 asked, it would be good if you can confirm the diameter of the McKicks, someone else has posted similar measurements as you but they were for the 21g version.
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
(02-28-2017, 01:22 AM)Swiiiitch Wrote: Thanks Th3BigFish for posting this info, I'd not seen this thread before before.  I'll add the info to the forum database tommorow... remind me if I don't.  Oh, and what Berlin180 asked, it would be good if you can confirm the diameter of the McKicks, someone else has posted similar measurements as you but they were for the 21g version.

Unfortunately I sent those Mckicks back to Darts Corners because it was part of the bad batch of 23 grams. Refer to this thread to know what I mean. https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...tid=24723. Now what I am looking back it, 6.0 mm is rather thin. I will try to see if I can get that picture or try to get another set on the forum buy/sell to confirm. Will update when I get the info. Thanks for catching that.
I just looked at the thread you pointed me to, that kinda sucks that the cuts had changed for the worse.  I don't get it, there's no need, it is a tried a tested popular dart.  Anyway I'll look out for your update and I'll add the others you measured tomorrow. :thumbup:
__Your forum needs you... to contribute to the Dart Specs Database: Steel Tip (572) / Soft Tip (90) - Last update: July 2017
I just measured my 23g McKicks at 53mm long and 6.4mm wide. I've only got an old school set of vernier so no photo sorry.
(02-28-2017, 02:09 AM)Tlowe Wrote: I just measured my 23g McKicks at 53mm long and 6.4mm wide. I've only got an old school set of vernier so no photo sorry.

Thanks for that, it sounds right to me because i have info on a set of 21g @ 52.4 long x 6.0 diameter, and a set of 25g @ 54.2 long x 6.4 diameter. Thankyou Tlowe, that's another dart I can add tomorrow.  Keep em coming  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. .
Th3BigFish, hope you dont mind if I add another photo comparing the older McKicks and the XQmax with the machining lined up. As you can see they're very close. 
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images." border="0" alt="resim" onload="NcodeImageResizer.createOn(this);" />

I'd be interested to see the new ones without paint to compare. Has anyone tried yet? They might come up okay.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Van gerwen old darts Knoxyefc 1 366 09-12-2020, 04:39 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Manufacturer comparison 25g-grizzly 22 1,315 05-21-2019, 10:56 AM
Last Post: 25g-grizzly
  Gerwen darts Ed180 4 712 10-10-2018, 11:44 PM
Last Post: eddiegrant
  Van Gerwen using new darts? MarcTH 11 1,764 08-06-2018, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Congratulations Michael van Gerwen mc1958 14 1,472 04-28-2018, 12:11 PM
Last Post: carlmuscleman67