Harrows Darts.

Cheaper Alternative to Cosmo Stems
My recent frustration with Cosmo shafts breaking has got me thinking and I have come up with something interesting . 
  Cut a Winmau Stealth stem leaving 15mm from the lip to mount the Cosmo flight. 
A medium Stealth stem cut this way will give you virtually a Cosmo # 5 stem which is more durable and cheaper. 
" Necessity is the mother of invention" 

Top is Cosmo (Darts Maple) 
Bottom is Winmau .  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Does the Cosmo flight get damaged doing this?
(02-05-2017, 04:56 PM)Great White North Wrote: Does the Cosmo flight get damaged doing this?

No. (File away any burrs after cutting)

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Atleast the Winmau Stealth stems are good for something, there flights are terrible
(02-05-2017, 04:57 PM)The G Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 04:56 PM)Great White North Wrote: Does the Cosmo flight get damaged doing this?

No. (File away any burrs after cutting)

Cheers, good one. :thumbup:
Could you go shorter ,,,,???
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-05-2017, 05:00 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Atleast the Winmau Stealth stems are good for something, there flights are terrible

Absolutely agree about the Stealth flights. They always tear in exactly the same spot after only a few throws.
(02-05-2017, 06:17 PM)0ldjoblo Wrote: Could you go shorter ,,,,???

No . You would have to use a shorter Stealth stem to go shorter . 
The "Bottleneck" is the 14mm you need from the lip out to seat 
the Cosmo flight .

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

Cheers,
 Ken 
Designa Bubble Stems , 10p a set
(02-06-2017, 04:20 AM)philliesricky Wrote: Designa Bubble Stems , 10p  a set

Got any pictures of the flight fitted on the stem ?

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

Cheers,
 Ken 
Looks like it might work because of the little ridge on the shafts!

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...ts_id=1075
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Nice idea Ken Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. have a +1 Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
But it's a locked version or am i too stupid Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

For me the whole Cosmo-/L-Style/whatever-stystems make sense only with the spinning-versions.

If i play with the locked stems my flights break lightning-fast, minimum 1-2 flights in a session of 2 hours (in spite of Storm/Tornado points)...
(02-06-2017, 11:48 AM)theblindPew Wrote: But it's a locked version or am i too stupid Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

For me the whole Cosmo-/L-Style/whatever-stystems make sense only with the spinning-versions.

If i play with the locked stems my flights break lightning-fast, minimum 1-2 flights in a session of 2 hours (in spite of Storm/Tornado points)...

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread was that it looked like when I was using the fit flights with the Target Power shaft 1st generation (without the tops). I only tried that with the damaged flights though as it seemed to be clear that once you would press too much those embossed peaks inside of the flights it wouldn't be tight enough then back on the fit shafts.

BTW, I am a cosmo user (although non right now) and I always went for the spinners. I also bought one set of slim carbons from the second hand and I am not sure whether they're spinners or not as they spin much less. And I don't like it that much when it doesn't spin smoothly.
not ideal - as doesn't fit completely snug - but not bad for 10p !!

on left is size 2

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alternative & Cheaper Shafts for Cosmo Fit Flight Pro troy180 1 259 09-16-2020, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Crusher17
  Dartsclearance: Whitlock Alternative for £11.99 vanJupp 16 2,456 12-01-2018, 04:33 PM
Last Post: 5or1
  O ring alternative Noj 17 1,299 04-20-2018, 11:25 AM
Last Post: hamo
  Klaasen Darts Cheaper Alternative Jans-1987 11 2,269 02-28-2017, 03:49 AM
Last Post: andjayik