Darts Buddy

Personal darts hero
I met my personal darts hero tonight. I'm from Northern Kentucky in the US and Larry Butler is probably the greatest US player of all time. He lives about an hour from my hometown and calls my personal league his official offiliation for US darts (DONKY darters of northern Kentucky) we don't see many pros around these parts. It was a treat for me to meet him in person. Super nice guy! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice one!

Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
What a great thing to have experienced!  I rather like the look in Mr. Butlers eyes -he seems to be genuine - nice when that happens.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hell yes ,,, ,,, congrats,,,, it is killer to meet players from all over the US and abroad,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Very cool. He's awesome

On another note I like that stand/oche setup... is that something your league made or maybe you have a link to buy it?
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
I like him watching him playing - he just gets on with it whatever is going on around him. Great that you got to meet him and get some pics of the time as well - nice one
(02-05-2017, 08:14 AM)John_B Wrote: Very cool. He's awesome

On another note I like that stand/oche setup... is that something your league made or maybe you have a link to buy it?

This was a tournament our league put on and they had 18 of these setups all around the room. Not sure where you could purchase one of them sorry
(02-05-2017, 06:29 AM)Dusty9 Wrote: I met my personal darts hero tonight. I'm from Northern Kentucky in the US and Larry Butler is probably the greatest US player of all time. He lives about an hour from my hometown and calls my personal league his official offiliation for US darts (DONKY darters of northern Kentucky) we don't see many pros around these parts. It was a treat for me to meet him in person. Super nice guy! [Image: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017020...3f511b.jpg][Image: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017020...b04d82.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's really cool, Dusty!  Nice Pics!

(02-05-2017, 08:14 AM)John_B Wrote: Very cool. He's awesome

There's this little honky-tonk/biker bar just down the street from my house and they put on darts and billiard tournaments pretty regular.  When the darts tourneys are going, they set up 6 of those exact things.  I'd been thinking they were something someone had made in their garage or a hot-rod shop but seeing them in these pics today has got me wondering if they weren't purchased somewhere, too.  Now, I'm on the hunt.  If I find anything more, I will let you guys know.  I may just stop in and ask the guy that owns the place.  Surely, he knows where they came from.
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
That's great! Always good to the pros Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Very cool Dusty, Larry's a great guy. :thumbup:
Yea Larry is a good guy, I see him quite often. In fact I will see him next weekend. Great pics Dusty
Those dartboard / oche frames look like they are made up (or could easily be made up) from this type of gear . . .

https://www.rosshandling.co.uk/connectors.asp

Used to use it a lot in the engineering trade for various projects. Quite versatile stuff Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice one on meeting your darting hero Dusty . . . moments to treasure ! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts : MvG 23g Masterdarts  /  Dartboard : Bulls Advantage 3
Most all of the larger tournaments in the U.S. use these type of stands. I've seen them made from steel frame, wood 2 X 4s, and even galvanized pipe.
Yes he was a super nice guy. And he threw pretty decent darts as well lol
For the most part I think the dart board setups are made by local shop owners ,,, every body has a little different take on them,,,, We call them "standards" around here,,,, they look to be mostly angle iron cut and bolted together ,,, I am sure their are plans out there,,,,

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Personal Best Cricket Round (soft tip) cgolf 8 634 01-25-2019, 08:02 PM
Last Post: theblindPew
  Show us your Personal Flights Design M4rck3 95 16,967 06-20-2018, 09:04 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  What's the current price on Barneveld Golden Hero 24g (almost new/new in box)? Regulatori 15 6,788 09-17-2017, 05:15 PM
Last Post: McMArco
  The best walk on songs/personal favourite walk ons! Aaronnewport97 20 3,979 03-10-2017, 06:37 PM
Last Post: Mindyereyes
  Price for Hero / Hero Golden darts evm501 15 2,867 02-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Last Post: ReggaeDarts