Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Target Storm points
I repointed my darts the other day with some new Target Storm 30mm Black smooth points. I have noticed they put up more resistance being pulled from my board than normal points or even Target Storm titanium coated points of the same length.
So maybe a good thing if you suffer from darts falling out of the board, or as with me, they may look cool, but you have to twist each dart to get them out of the board, when normally I can just grab the group of three in one hand and pull the group out in one clean swift motion. Looks like the black coating is rather grippy in bristle.... just my observation. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Ayep ,, The Black and Gold are reported to grip even more than the natural points,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
As well I think they may be marginally thicker than some points. Obviously if you get to the taper. I use gold smooths in most my darts and notice they do hold better. I have a set of Bull' darts with factory black smooth points and they really hold tight too. Great observation from another memberGuests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

That'll wear and will feel smoother before long.
I find having to twist each single dart to get it out of the board breaks my rhythm and adds to my frustration. I've changed my points to the Target Storm chrome colour ones. But at least I don't fear I'm going to pull the board off the wall!
Same Observation here.
Having some Sets with Silver Storms and really like them, i fitted my C12s with black ones because the set came fitted with black standard points.

Damn, it feels like pulling big chunks of Sisal with them if you don´t twist them when pulling out.
I guess i switch them to silver ones with my next order and keep in mind: silver for practice, black for a match set.
(03-04-2017, 10:40 AM)Shotgun Wrote: Same Observation here.
Having some Sets with Silver Storms and really like them, i fitted my C12s with black ones because the set came fitted with black standard points.

Damn, it feels like pulling big chunks of Sisal with them if you don´t twist them when pulling out.
I guess i switch them to silver ones with my next order and keep in mind: silver for practice, black for a match set.

Do you have a separate set of darts for practise?  If not then I wouldn't recommend you keep changing the points over depending on whether it's practise or match as that will bugger up the hole after several changes and the points will end up just dropping out
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.  Yeah, this wasn´t meant to change the Points twice a week wich would be quite stupid.

and yes, i´m guilty.
I have a backup Set of the Darts i use outside my House.
Although 90% of my outside games are on a softtip machine where switching points is not that big of a problem  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I use the grooved Storm Points in both black and gold and don't have that problem, perhaps the reduced surface area makes them less grippy. Might be a way around the grippiness of the standard Storm Points for those that don't like it.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
Any grippiness on any smooth point will not last very long. Even 'Diamond' points can end up smoother quicker than you
would expect. As for grooved storms that is more for finger grip rather than board grip.
(03-04-2017, 12:39 PM)chris_kn Wrote: Any grippiness on any smooth point will not last very long. Even 'Diamond' points can end up smoother quicker than you
would expect. As for grooved storms that is more for finger grip rather than board grip.
That's why I use the grooved Storm Points, for the finger grip, which is their purpose as you've said; I think them being less grippy in the board is just a fringe benefit.

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk
(02-04-2017, 03:42 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: That'll wear and will feel smoother before long.

This. 

I used to use 30mm Grooved Storms and always found the black ones much harder to pull out the board than the silvers.  This went away after about 3 months of use.
(03-04-2017, 10:40 AM)Shotgun Wrote: Same Observation here.

Suppose those black coated points might be good for those of you that have a problem with darts falling out of the board? So if you play competition darts, and thus can't select the board being playing on and it the one that your darts fall out off, have a set of your darts fitted with these points......problem solved.
Have the grooved on all my darts
Ted Hankey  - 25g with Storms
Monster COBRA 2 22g with storms
Monster REY SOL 22g with storms
Power 9Fives v2 26g with storm smooth
Taylor Gen 3 24g with Storms
Target Haruki Muramatsu Rising Sun 22g

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Titanium Pro Conversion Points Review Getagrip 18 7,274 10-23-2016, 04:50 PM
Last Post: kungfuron