Darts Buddy

When they're going bad...they start going good.
Bare with me while I try and explain this one...

Basically, if I'm throwing rubbish - which happens, I get mad and start to concentrate and throw well. 

I struggle to concentrate from the off, and in my Monday night league which is best of 3 legs, I can't afford to be a passenger for a leg...is there any sure fire way to get my concentration from the off?

On Wednesday I lost a game 4-3 played average, was mad I lost going into my second game and then I concentrated, won 4-2 and played the best I've played over 6 legs on a competitive game...I want to be able to do that in the first game more often. Is it just a case of rinse and repeat? 

When I get going I'm a decent player, my attitude lets me down on Mondays, where I don't have another game to redeem myself. How can I change my fortunes on a Monday?
I used who have a girlfriend who had to be angry to shoot well. Fortunately, she played on a women's team where all the members argued with each other constantly. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Im exactly the same. In the teams Im throwing rubbish like 40 av and I get mad but when the singles is on I can go up to 80+av and end up mid to high 50s and 60s for the nite. My problem is my rythum gets upset waiting for my turn to shoot. Now in the teams Ive been telling myself to concentrate more on each threw but relax and use the teams as a type of practice and getting my follow through and release sorted, nice vertical arm etc, and it seems to work a little bit better. I still get a bit angry but only in the game but is does improve my darts, so your not alone mate, I call it passion.
Darts used 25g Adrian Gray Tungsten Shot Flights XLt Stems
Best Av (Singles) : 84
Best 501 : 15 darts
Highest Checkout 2016 : 160 (T20 T20 D20)
180s Practice  2019 : 100+
180s Comp 2019 : 10 
150s Practice : 3
I can so relate ,,, I play in a handicap league ,,, the 501 games have a freeze rule that have prevented me from taking the out shot on my last turn ,,, sitting watching someone else win the game when I averaged 40 points per dart , is a real let down,,,,,,,in cricket and 01,, I get a 5 dart handicap,,which means i get skipped my first turn and 2 more darts on my second turn ,,, so there are times when my opponent is under 300 when I get my first dart in 01,,,,in cricket I often have to star on 18's to catch up,,,,,,

I destroyed my opponent in my singles matches ,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I have decided for myself that the next league I play in will be No Cap ,,no handicap ,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I hate sandbaggers ,,, they throw the games to intentionally round out and win with a dismal "C" average rating ,, just so they can be a "B" player at the local tournaments ,, and then shoot lights out with a good "A" player ,,

Welcome to the world of darts ,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Maybe set-up a tough warm-up goal/routine for yourself that gets you a little irritated?
Favorite Darts (For Now):  Target Precision Ariane - 20g
Other Darts Owned:
- Accudart - (Don't Recall Model - Purchased in Late 80's) - 17g
- US Darts Fuzion Ringed Grip - 19g
- Unicorn World Champion van Barneveld, Silver Natural Phase 1 - 21g
- Unknown Brand Purchased a Few Years Ago - 22g
- Unicorn Phil Taylor Phase 2, Natural - 24g
Standing joke about me in our team is I'm greedy because I tend to always nearly play all 3 legs. (Like to get my monies worth lol)

If I win the first leg I seem to relax and lose the second then re focus for the third. Or if I lose the first leg my focus is then spot on for the second 2 legs.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Darts - 21g DF01 Daytona Fires with Carbon TI Short Shafts.
Highest Checkout: Trebles Board 157, Doubles Board 100

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What age is too old to start trying to become a pro? ross.e 18 1,572 01-08-2017, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Equinox_180
  Maybe start it all over? Troll 9 2,338 10-14-2013, 11:41 PM
Last Post: Big Gun