Target Darts.

Complete shaft/flight conversion
I've wanted to change to L-Style for a while but I'm not sure which parts to get. I want shafts, flights, and Champagne rings??

I really don't want to go through $$ trying to get it right. Can I use existing flights and punch them myself? Should I simply get L-Style everything?

Please offer your expertise, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What kind of shape of the flights and length of the stems are you using right now?
(02-03-2017, 12:26 AM)joeriw96 Wrote: What kind of shape of the flights and length of the stems are you using right now?

Standard shape flights. I don't use narrow, kite, pear, etc. stems are Target spinning pro grip with titanium rings. They are medium to long.

The flights listed as standard you need then.

And if you want spinning stems I'd go for the carbon ones as they have minimal rattle but if you don't want spinning ones the regular ones are fine. You will be needing the medium 330 ones which are 47mm.

All L-style stems come with the champagne caps so no need to order extra.
(02-03-2017, 12:46 AM)joeriw96 Wrote: The flights listed as standard you need then.

And if you want spinning stems I'd go for the carbon ones as they have minimal rattle but if you don't want spinning ones the regular ones are fine. You will be needing the medium 330 ones which are 47mm.

Although they sell them, you do not need special L Style shafts. L Style Flights, with the Champagne rings will work with standard plastic/nylon shafts.  Will save you a bunch of money over the L Style shafts.
(02-03-2017, 03:09 AM)ROKGoose Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 12:46 AM)joeriw96 Wrote: The flights listed as standard you need then.

Although they sell them, you do not need special L Style shafts. L Style Flights, with the Champagne rings will work with standard plastic/nylon shafts.  Will save you a bunch of money over the L Style shafts.

I can second this ,,, I use standard 75 micron (thin) flights and punched with the L-style punch,,, ,, I decided to sell that punch and go with the Winmau Wizlock punch,,, The Wizlock caps are metal ,, and they snap down on a Target Pro Grip Spin with a vice grip like hold,,,,, the price of 1 set of Carbon stems will cost you more than the punch ,,Target stems and flights,,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Another option is Robson Plus flights. Same hard shape as L style without the need for rings or special shafts. They work on all plastic/nylon shafts as well as many metal/titanium shaft.  They are cheaper than L Style flights at a-zdarts.com. Even cheaper when you add the cost of the champagne rings to the L Style.

Attached Files
.jpg   Robson.jpg (Size: 10.3 KB / Downloads: 140)
(02-03-2017, 05:16 AM)ROKGoose Wrote: Another option is Robson Plus flights. Same hard shape as L style without the need for rings or special shafts. They work on all plastic/nylon shafts as well as many metal/titanium shaft.  They are cheaper than L Style flights at a-zdarts.com. Even cheaper when you add the cost of the champagne rings to the L Style.

Didn't realize the Robsons would work on aluminum/metal shafts. I may have to try some out now as there are some metal shafts in my collection I would like to try, based solely on looks.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Thanks for the suggestions. Getting out the plastic and PC now.

(02-03-2017, 02:55 PM)jschwab Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 05:16 AM)ROKGoose Wrote: Another option is Robson Plus flights. Same hard shape as L style without the need for rings or special shafts. They work on all plastic/nylon shafts as well as many metal/titanium shaft.  They are cheaper than L Style flights at a-zdarts.com. Even cheaper when you add the cost of the champagne rings to the L Style.

Didn't realize the Robsons would work on aluminum/metal shafts. I may have to try some out now as there are some metal shafts in my collection I would like to try, based solely on looks.

I actually use them a lot with the Target Pinch Grips and the Target Power Titanium. You can loosen the tops of them, slide the flights on, then tighten them down to really hold the flight well. Here is a pic with the Robson's on some various metal shafts.  From right to left: Target Pinch Grip, Aluminum spinners, Target Power Titanium, generic aluminum, Target Power Titanium Gen 3, generic aluminum.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I love the design of the Robson flights ,,, But I find them a tad to heavy for my liking,,,,, they make my darts land more tail up ,,, But for anyone that has not tried them ,,especially anyone that is not set on how they want their darts to land,,, I strongly recommend trying a set ,,,they come in many shapes and sizes,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-04-2017, 08:42 AM)0ldjoblo Wrote: I love the design of the Robson flights ,,, But I find them a tad to heavy for my liking,,,,, they make my darts land more tail up ,,, But for anyone that has not tried them ,,especially anyone that is not set on how they want their darts to land,,, I strongly recommend trying a set ,,,they come in many shapes and sizes,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I find the Robson flights to not be comparable at all with L-Style, they are heavier, more brittle, not as flexible, deform waaaay easier. The only product out of molded flights, that i find comparable in these regards are the Harrows Clic's of the later generation, maybe Cosmo's as well, although they are less durable.
A friend of my uses these Robsons and he likes them a lot. He uses three types, the standard, the No6 stadard and the kites. I am not sure the slim were available a while ago at all.

Just be aware of what you're buying. You only can get certain colours in certain shapes. If they hadn't start producing more types lately.
I have some pics of his.

By the kites I meant the fantail types...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question 1 piece flight-shaft vs seperate flights Aok 11 872 12-08-2019, 05:53 AM
Last Post: chrisbck
  What is your preferred , shaft / flight combo ? Rolaball 40 4,045 05-25-2018, 08:21 PM
Last Post: woahprettyricky
  Complete and utter disappointment OAKZER 20 1,716 02-01-2018, 03:00 PM
Last Post: OAKZER