Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Gary Anderson Phase 3 v Phil Taylor Phase 1-3 Purists
I already have Phase 1, 2 and 3 Phil Taylor darts and I was looking at Phase 3 Gary Andersons, but I am wondering if there is any real difference between the two ranges?

Does anyone have both and do they feel/throw any differently, or would I just be buying the same dart basically?
Very similar imo, I don't have a direct comparison pic as i'm in work but for me the grip on the Ando's go's very slightly further forward and has a slightly bigger bit without the purist at the rear. I have a general comparison shot in my collection thread but not very close up - will do a comparison pic of the 3 sets this evening if no-one else does before me
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-02-2017, 10:52 AM)Rano Wrote: I already have Phase 1, 2 and 3 Phil Taylor darts and I was looking at Phase 3 Gary Andersons, but I am wondering if there is any real difference between the two ranges?

Does anyone have both and do they feel/throw any differently, or would I just be buying the same dart basically?

I personal like the Ando more

[attachment=11545]
[attachment=11546]
may all the doubles be with you

(02-02-2017, 11:07 AM)hamo Wrote: will do a comparison pic of the 3 sets this evening if no-one else does before me

good man Fred Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Thanks lads. Although Taylor grips the rear and Ando grips the front, I'm assuming both are similarly balanced (even distribution)?
I cant say for sure as I only have the Gandos, but I always thought they had slightly less grip than the Taylors.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

24g and 26g hang more tail down with same set up as Gandos
may all the doubles be with you

I prefer the Phase 2 grip but I like the weight and ballance of the Gandos more. However, now I use the Phase 2 again as my match darts. I like them all, tbh. Thinking about it now, it isn't unlikely at all that I'd switch them again for the Gandos to be my match darts...

Here are some comparison shots in this thread.
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...#pid362181
I have the phase 2 in 24g and Andos in 23g.

Grip: More grip in the P2 vs GA. The grips may look almost identical, but the P2 actually have sharper/thinner rings. GA feels softer and more comfortable in the fingers.

Diameter: P2: 6.5mm, GA: 6.4mm

Weight: P2 only comes in 24g. GA comes in many odd number sizes

Balance: P2 has a bit more front biased than GA due to P2 being drilled out more. Depends on which you prefer. I personally find the P2 much easier to control.

Ergonomics: P2 has the same grip and diameter running all along the barrel. GA has a less grippy section at the end that tapers into the stems. If you grip the barrel at the very end of it, you might want to reconsider the GA as I find the tappering section to have not enough grip for the index finger.

Hope this helps.
can only compare Taylor phase 1 to ando phase 3 but Anderson feel to have a bit more grip and seem to feel a bit better. Also the grip extends more to the back which rear grippers could benefit of .
(02-09-2017, 10:14 AM)METRONOME Wrote: I have the phase 2 in 24g and Andos in 23g.

Grip: More grip in the P2 vs GA. The grips may look almost identical, but the P2 actually have sharper/thinner rings. GA feels softer and more comfortable in the fingers.

Diameter: P2: 6.5mm, GA: 6.4mm

Weight: P2 only comes in 24g. GA comes in many odd number sizes

Balance: P2 has a bit more front biased than GA due to P2 being drilled out more. Depends on which you prefer. I personally find the P2 much easier to control.

Ergonomics: P2 has the same grip and diameter running all along the barrel. GA has a less grippy section at the end that tapers into the stems. If you grip the barrel at the very end of it, you might want to reconsider the GA as I find the tappering section to have not enough grip for the index finger.

Hope this helps.

Agree with all of this apart from the bits in bold.  I have all the Taylor Purists (1-3) and have thrown the 25g Ando 3s for close to a month.

The Taylor Hero grip is my ultimate favourite grip and I found the softer Ando version not grippy enough for me.  This is personal taste though.  Although I only had my Andos for a while that softer Hero grip doesn't change as much as the Taylor Hero, which chips and sharpens up with time (and actually I prefer that grip rather than box-fresh).

Also I found that the Andos are a hair more front biased than the Phase 2s (most definitely), but more similar to the Phase 3s (the ones with the rear scallop.

One other thing I noticed is that the nose on the Ando 3s feels less pronounced than the nose of the Taylors.  I use the nose/point join as a datum point and found that the Taylor nose gave me a more positive feel.
Thx

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phase 3 alternative, good grip straight darts Sirciarly 7 410 03-05-2021, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Sirciarly
  Phil Taylor Unicorn Set ups Knoxyefc 0 254 04-04-2020, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Knoxyefc
  Gary anderson p3 copy? B2B180 3 482 03-22-2020, 09:32 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
Star Phase 5 replica/alternative B2B180 14 1,266 02-16-2020, 08:06 PM
Last Post: samsimilian
  Unicorn Japan: Asada Phase 2 vanJupp 10 1,004 02-09-2020, 10:34 AM
Last Post: blink180
  Unicorn Jelle Klaasen Phase 2 Noir Unboxing Video In 4K Ultra HD Getagrip 3 376 12-29-2019, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Phil Taylor gen 5 22 gram. Compared to 1 and 4 12b4 5 695 11-12-2019, 06:39 AM
Last Post: pkittle
  RVB Unicorn Phase 1 - Alternatives Jimmi 4 526 10-26-2019, 01:23 PM
Last Post: Cateye
  Argos Target Phil Taylor 23g 90% Black question bkbum 0 255 10-04-2019, 04:39 AM
Last Post: bkbum
  Gary Anderson phase 1's Matt.1994 5 437 09-24-2019, 05:21 PM
Last Post: rich345