Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Mardle's PL Darts predictions
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Sky Sports Darts expert Wayne Mardle looks into his crystal ball and picks out the winners and losers from the opening night of Premier League action.

Reigning champion Michael van Gerwen and 2015 winner Gary Anderson will clash on the opening night at Newcastle's Metro Radio Arena, live on Sky Sports.

But who does Mardle think will be the winners and losers?

Kim Huybrechts v James Wade
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I really do think that these two are so closely matched. James isn't playing particularly well and I've expressed my fears for Kim. I think Kim will struggle to win points and matches.

Prediction: I'm going for James to win this one 7-5 (Sky Bet odds: 9/2).

Raymond van Barneveld v Adrian Lewis
This is really tough but I think Barney is playing better than Adrian. I wouldn't be surprised at any result, although the most likely one is a Barney win because he's playing slightly more consistently.

Adrian played well at the weekend [at The Masters] but not against Van Gerwen in the semi-finals. Whatever the result out of this one, whether it be win, lose or draw for Barney or Lewis, it wouldn't surprise me.

Prediction: I'm going to go for a Barney win because in my opinion that's the most likely outcome (Sky Bet odds: 5/4).

Phil Taylor v Dave Chisnall
Apart from Michael and Gary, I think Phil is up there with Barney and Peter Wright. He oozes class, ability and he knows how to win.

I would love to see Chizzy do well again because he had a brilliant 2015 but then didn't play that well in the Premier League last year.

Phil plays well a lot of the time, but he doesn't win games like he used to. He found a way to lose that Masters semi-final at the weekend to Gary Anderson. Two years ago he might have found a way to win, but it's now become apparent that finishing off a tournament as a winner is difficult for him and getting into finals by beating the best players in the world is a tough ask.

Prediction: I'd like to see Chizzy put it right on the oche, but I think Phil gets off to a winning start (Sky Bet odds: 8/11).

Gary Anderson v Michael van Gerwen
You can speak to me for 16 weeks and I'm going to say Michael van Gerwen every single week. If he doesn't win a game, I'm surprised.

He won 11 games out of 16 games last year, so five times it went wrong if you like because he would have been odds-on every single time. He will not win all 16 games, that is a given, but I just find it hard to predict Michael van Gerwen not to win a darts match - it's so tough.

Prediction: I think Van Gerwen will win this 7-5 (Sky Bet odds: 9/2).

Peter Wright v Jelle Klaasen
I'm concerned for Peter Wright because I thought he played horribly at the weekend. Klaasen was beaten by the better man in Mensur Suljovic. Wright last year was good until he faded away while Klaasen is making his second appearance in the Premier League - the first one didn't go well for him.

The Dutchman is now by far a much better player and I don't think he will be overawed by it.

Prediction: This will be a really tough game for both players so I think this one could be the only draw of the night. (Sky Bet odds: 4/1)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mardles PL Predictions - Night 5 hamo 0 452 03-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Last Post: hamo
  Mardles PL Predictions - Night 4 hamo 0 461 02-23-2017, 10:32 AM
  Mardle's PL Darts predictions - Night 2 hamo 0 475 02-09-2017, 12:54 PM