Target Darts.

Taylor: I'v Lost My Motivation
Phil Taylor has won everything in the game of darts, including a record 16 World Championship titles, but he is adamant that 2017 will be his last on the oche.

Taylor is the undisputed greatest player of all-time, but the world No 6 made it clear last week that he will be hanging up his arrows after the 2018 World Championship.

A professional since 1986, Taylor has won 15 World Matchplays, 11 Grands Prix, six Grand Slams and is into triple figures for overall titles.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Added to that the first televised nine-dart finish and 18 more in PDC competition, no one - not even the swashbuckling Michael van Gerwen - can stand aside Taylor's achievements.

But at 56 and with every achievement in the sport ticked off, 'The Power' has decided he will turn himself off after the Alexandra Palace showpiece.

"I thought about it really for probably the last 18 months," Taylor told Sky Sports. "Just to qualify for these tournaments, you've got to keep playing in little tournaments to qualify and players will be away for the whole weekend, but that's what it's like.

"It's such a tough schedule and it's proving too much for me now. I just can't do it."

Once regarded as a pub sport played by beer-swillers in smoke-filled rooms, it is now played out to live audiences of thousands and TV audiences of millions, thanks in no small part to Taylor's enduring success and popularity.

But Taylor says he doesn't want to be sitting around sports halls waiting for his name to be called and has simply lost his "motivation" for the game.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
"The qualifiers are played in sports halls with a load of tables with little chairs and you have to play when you're shouted up," he said. "You start at midday, so most of the lads will be there from 9 o'clock in the morning practising for two or three hours and it will probably go on until 8 o'clock that night, and then it's the same thing the following night.

"When I get up from those seats these days, my back is killing me, my legs are killing me, I go stiff when I sit down for a long time you see - it's time now for me.

"The main thing is that the motivation has gone where you're thinking you're not bothered. You lose in tournaments and you're thinking you're not bothered. You know then it's not right.

"Even some of the younger players find it tough because the travelling takes its toll on you. It's hard work."

Taylor - already the most popular player on the planet - can expect a raucous send-off for the rest of 2017.

He added: "I'm just going to enjoy it, wave goodbye and thank you very much."
Nice of Phil to announce he's not motivated and such just as the 2017 PL starts. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hopefully he can win a tournament or two and go out with style. A gracious send off would be well deserved. Love him or hate him, he'll always be the best. Thanks for the memories Phil.
Target Raymond Van Barneveld 9Zero 26gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 2 25gr
Unicorn Raymond Van Barneveld Phase 5a 24gr Natural
Unicorn Phase 3 24gr
Unicorn Keegan Brown 22g

Winmau Blade 5

(02-02-2017, 12:53 PM)Great White North Wrote: Nice of Phil to announce he's not motivated and such just as the 2017 PL starts. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

he is not motivated to sit in sport halls at the qualifiers. But he is still motivated to make one game per week againt the topguns. Be sure.
Beginner.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
My little darts collection

180th: 14x
Highfinishes: 118 (20 T20 D19), 112 (T20 12 D20), 108 (T20 16 D16), 102 (T20 10 D16), 110 (T19 17 D18), 101 (T17 B)
The leg of my life: 12 Darts (T20 T20 T20 20 ( :s no 9darter Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) T20 20 20 T20 T20 T20 5 D8) 

I always said I would never make a pro darter even if I was highly skilled, I would just hate all the travelling and staying in hotels etc, I could probably manage it just long enough to make some decent money if I had to but to do it for 10 or more years would drive me mad.

As he says though he has nothing left to prove and I am amazed he has stayed as motivated as he has for so many years, will be strange not saying his name anymore in the tournaments but it had to happen someday.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

It's time for the 'Greatest' to hang them up, probably the most influential player ever who gave the game respectability ! His record of success will never be beaten even by the 'Goblin' !...j.d. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
too bad he's lost his motivation, because I would have liked to see him fight van gerwen while being fully motivated.
(02-02-2017, 02:18 PM)Getagrip Wrote: I always said I would never make a pro darter even if I was highly skilled, I would just hate all the travelling and staying in hotels etc, I could probably manage it just long enough to make some decent money if I had to but to do it for 10 or more years would drive me mad.

As he says though he has nothing left to prove and I am amazed he has stayed as motivated as he has for so many years, will be strange not saying his name anymore in the tournaments but it had to happen someday.

I'm betting 5 years after he retires they'll still be singing "There's Only One Phil Taylor" as others are on the stage trying to play a match.
(02-02-2017, 10:20 AM)hamo Wrote: Added to that the first televised nine-dart finish

Um, surely Phil has enough accomplishments without making one up...

John Lowe - first Televised 9 darter,
Paul Lim - First Televised 9 darter in the World Championship
Shaun Greatbach - First Live broadcast 9 darter
Phil Taylor - Fisrt Nine Darter, Live broadcast on British TV.

So, not the first 9 darter on telly, or the first one to live broadcast.

Its the PDC. expect no less when it comes to bigging up Phil Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-03-2017, 09:38 AM)Pundy79 Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 10:20 AM)hamo Wrote: Added to that the first televised nine-dart finish

Um, surely Phil has enough accomplishments without making one up...

John Lowe - first Televised 9 darter,
Paul Lim - First Televised 9 darter in the World Championship
Shaun Greatbach - First Live broadcast 9 darter
Phil Taylor - Fisrt Nine Darter, Live broadcast on British TV.

So, not the first 9 darter on telly, or the first one to live broadcast.

I caught that one too.   I knew it was John Lowe, but some folks just have that much love for Phil that revisionist history comes into play.
My daughter was born in 1993 in Pensacola Florida when I was 31 ,,, that was about the same time I took up the game of darts throwing soft tip ,,, I had no clue who Phil Taylor was till many years later ,,,, Never less, he is the 1 tune in to watch his approach to darts ,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
As long as he continues to play in some way shape or form...
I don't want him to turn out like Gretzky in hockey who can't play nearly as well and never touches a stick.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
If people can chant for Michael when he's not playing, no reason people can't do the same for Phil. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
(02-03-2017, 03:57 PM)Kosumo Wrote: If people can chant for Michael when he's not playing, no reason people can't do the same for Phil. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

If people can chant for soccer players when darts are played, no reason people can't do anything :-)