Darts Buddy

My Hellfire Evolution
I make no secret that I love my modified RD Hellfire darts despite trying many many others they are the ones I always come back to.
Spent lots of time and effort doing so looking for "Grip" until I have decided that what I may really need is a reference point.
To this end I contacted the dartmaster of GT Yarmouth Eddie Elven to discuss my requirements and sent him pictures.
I posted a new set of 24 gram and my back up set of 22 gram on Friday then called him on Monday to check they had arrived to be told they were ready to go into return post!
I asked him to cut the three extra rings into the 24 gram then remove the thicker lands from sections 1, 3 and 5 at the rear giving me 2 raised rings for my thumb to find and just enough at the front to fit the gold storm points seamlessly.
For the 22 gram I asked him to remove alternate raised sections as I loved the RD Javelins but loved the skin on my fingers more!
So heres what I got back in just 2 working days!

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

The 24 gram are now 23.4 gram and the 22 gram are now 20.8 gram, not had much of a chance to try the yet but they both feel great although both very different.
Cant wait to have a long session with them

AND IT'S ALL ALEX'S FAULT FOR HITTING SO MANY 180'S WITH HIS NEW CUSTOMS
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
First thing that sprung to mind was "RD Javelin" but these look fantastic. Would be interesting to see how differently they fly for you, what a great excuse for a long session! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Great Chris! I like the idea of removing those 3 rings at the back, gives indeed a very good reference point!
Perhaps I am going to copy your idea as well on another DC 22g set lol.
Hope they all work well for you mate!
Currently using:  Unicorn Gripper 23G
Best Dart Leg 2018:  14 Darts
180s goal 2018:  41 / 100

Looking good Chris, great choice of mod! I've been excited to see these, they really look good! Keep us posted with how they fly, looking forward to a 180 pic Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
Great looking mods Chris.

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
They look like they were made for you !   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Good modifications guy!  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
First thing that sprung to mind was "RD Javelin" but these look fantastic. Would be interesting to see how differently they fly for you, what a great excuse for a long session!
Thank you they are nowhere near as harsh as the Javelins.

Great Chris! I like the idea of removing those 3 rings at the back, gives indeed a very good reference point!
That's what I'm hoping for Ruben

Looking good Chris, great choice of mod! I've been excited to see these, they really look good! Keep us posted with how they fly
If they fly as good as they feel I'm on a winner
Current Board 
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Looks like the modifications will suit your hold on a dart nicely, enjoy them. :thumbup:
Great looking mods Chris
Thanks Tez

They look like they were made for you !
Eddie has turned my thoughts into reality

Looks like the modifications will suit your hold on a dart nicely, enjoy them
They feel like putting on a great suit....awesome
Current Board 
Darts

Lovely ideas! So effective. May you throw many 180s.
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

Great modifications, Chris.

They now look very nice and sharp. I like it. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Cool,,,,Nice Darts,,,,, can't wait for my customs to get here,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-02-2017, 12:27 AM)0ldjoblo Wrote: Cool,,,,Nice Darts,,,,, can't wait for my  customs to get here,,, Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Look forward to seeing your ideas, great to see everyone's ideas as well as off the shelf too
Current Board 
Darts

Ah! yes. the realisation when comes to reference points for grip.

Nice one.
Niiice Chris mate Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
no matter what fancy grip comes out I always like rings the best...tried, tested, beautiful Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My dart evolution Ethan Fletcher 2 822 03-22-2017, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Lurker1
  Unicorn Evolution Series Phase 5 Rosso METRONOME 8 1,544 02-07-2017, 02:34 PM
Last Post: *Saber*