Shot Darts

Two new sets... (Showtime Odyssey & Unicorn Chris Dobey)
I have got these two sets recently, therefore I haven't thrown the darts a lot now. 

Showtime Odyssey (22.05 - 22.02 - 22.05 grams)
What I noticed pretty quick was that the very square nose of the Odyssey darts causes a lot of "bounce outs"... very often when the second dart hits the flights of the first dart the second dart doesn't find it's way into the board. Usually darts will be deflected in a case like that but the Odyssey darts tend to bounce off very often. Because they are very long for my liking the land flat in the board and it happens even more often. Despite of that it's nice darts.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

More Pictures

Unicorn Chris Dobey (23.08 - 23.07 - 23.07 grams)
When I saw the new Dobey darts the first time I thought it's very strange looking darts, but then I saw Chris Dobey on TV and recognized that he actually uses old Target Colin Lloyd Stone Grip darts. So there is at least a little similarity in the look. Anyway the grip is very different to the Target Colin Lloyd Stone Grip darts since the Target darts have a high level of grip and the new Unicorn darts are at the best slightly above a medium grip level. 

Sadly I don't have Target Stone Grip darts to compare them. From my experience I am very certain that these two darts differ a lot. I think even a classical ring-grip is closer to the Stone Grip than these darts are. They remind me of the new Tony O'Shea darts with the rounded ring-grip.

More Pictures
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I provide you with darts related stuff
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Scores, Fixtures, Charts & Statistics
Those are really nice Redbit , interesting and very helpful point about the square nose of the Showtimes,

Is it me or is there a paint overspill on one of the Dobey darts, that would really tick me off.

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Wow the nose on the Odyssey is one of the squarest I have seen!
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Thanks for posting TheRedBit. Both sets were on my radar to purchase some time soon, but I'm not so sure now.

Great photo's too!
(02-01-2017, 08:52 PM)Tez Tickle Wrote: Those are really nice Redbit , interesting and very helpful point about the square nose of the Showtimes,

Is it me or is there a paint overspill on one of the Dobey darts, that would really tick me off.

Cheers
Tez

You are right, the painting isn't very accurate.

(02-02-2017, 10:17 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Wow the nose on the Odyssey is one of the squarest I have seen!

I was always wondering why there are no darts with a square nose... now I know Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(02-02-2017, 10:48 AM)Humdinger Wrote: Thanks for posting TheRedBit. Both sets were on my radar to purchase some time soon, but I'm not so sure now.

Great photo's too!

I don't want to stop you from buying darts. Maybe it's just a coincidence that I had so many bounce-offs. I didn't throw the Odyssey darts for a long time (About 30 minutes).
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. I provide you with darts related stuff
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. Scores, Fixtures, Charts & Statistics
Perhaps the Unicorn darts are less grippy because it's intended to emulate the worn, rather than new, grip on Dobey's Lloyd darts.
Could be but the difference in grip is very big. I think the gap between the rings is different as well.

Dobey doesn't used the Unicorn darts anyway Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  THE CHRIS DOBEYS HAVE ARRIVED ChrisTheFish 6 1,514 10-14-2017, 07:33 AM
Last Post: TheRedBit
  My latest Showtime sets mc1958 23 3,536 03-29-2017, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out