Target Darts.

Lewis Aiming For Big Year
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
ADRIAN LEWIS is aiming to make a strong start to the Betway Premier League against Raymond van Barneveld on Thursday as he bids to enjoy a successful 2017.

The two-time World Champion began the year with a run to the semi-finals of the Unibet Masters last weekend, defeating Kim Huybrechts and Robert Thornton in Milton Keynes before losing out to Michael van Gerwen.

Lewis faces another Dutchman, Raymond van Barneveld, when the Premier League begins at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, and is eager to make a strong start to the season.

"I love playing Barney and we've had some crackers over the years so I'm looking forward to it," said the 32-year-old.

"I've got Barney in the first game and then you know you're coming up against another top player the next week, and the week after that.

"You've put yourself in that position to be shot at, you're in the top eight in the world.

"I think I'm going to have a good year this year. I think my mind's a lot stronger than it was, I had a lot going on last year and my mind wasn't 100 percent on darts.

"I've learned a lot from watching the top players do what they do. It's a massive year for me. I'm defending a lot of money on the Order of Merit at the end of the year but I can make amends early in the year I think.

"I've got to take the rough with the smooth and enjoy it, instead of thinking about the negatives I'm looking at the positives and I think that will be the turning point."

Lewis become one of an elite group of players to achieve a nine-darter in the Premier League last season during a win over James Wade in Belfast, and feels that another perfect leg could be achieved in 2017.

"The nine-darter was special and they always are," added Lewis. "I think I can hit another one and it would be fantastic to do it again."

Despite his defeat to van Gerwen in Milton Keynes, Lewis is aiming to show his class against both the World Champion and world number two Gary Anderson this year.

"Michael and Gary have been the best two players in the last two years, without a shadow of a doubt, but I can match them with my ability," said Lewis.

"Mentally I think I'm probably about 80 percent, but my aim is to be 100 percent at the end of the year.

"I know I can beat Michael, but when you give him that freedom he turns up and it's the same for me when I've got that freedom and no worries."
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hope it's not all blank words, we have to wait and see..
I'd love to see one of these articles titled "John Doe Hopes for Terrible Year." Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Lewis is in my opinion the most talent player, but he doesn't use this talent on a regular basis. You always see great moments from him and than absolute rubbish. Just no consistency.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
He is an amazing talent, and can overturn anyone on his day even Mvg , hope he can start winning the big ones again
Too many times I've seen him show up on stage and have the look like he doesn't even want to be there and he just goes through the motions. I wish the guy played up to his potential most of the time because he's a great player and can beat anyone on any given day.
Not impessed with his stuff against barney! He needs a 180degree turn, now!
(02-04-2017, 03:53 PM)stone Wrote: Not impessed with his stuff against barney! He needs a 180degree turn, now!

Stuffed Barney yesterday and took 2nd in the first day of UK Open qualifiers.  However Adrian was booted in the second round today in Wigan.
Lewis needs to loose 12 stone .   AKA...Keith Deller. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
(02-04-2017, 04:13 PM)The G Wrote: Lewis needs to loose 12 stone .   AKA...Keith Deller. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Maybe start throwing them awesome/cool black pixel barrels his sponsor makes too. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
(02-04-2017, 04:15 PM)Great White North Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 04:13 PM)The G Wrote: Lewis needs to loose 12 stone .   AKA...Keith Deller. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Maybe start throwing them awesome/cool black pixel barrels his sponsor makes too. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Can't see that happening but........can you imagine how the Pixel Grip sales would skyrocket !!! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Snackpot, eh, what a dishevelled darter he's become.  A big year ahead?  Don't make me laugh.  I can certainly see a BIGGER shirt in his not too distant future, and that's about it I'm afraid.

Before he even contemplates a return to the winner's enclosure, Lewis needs to concentrate on his lifestyle choices.  You know, the little things like diet, exercise, having, if nothing else, the semblance of pride in one's personal performance.  Hell, just taking a bath and washing his hair every once in a while wouldn't be a bad idea according to Mrs Boots.

It's sad at the age of 32, when he should be somewhere near his peak, I can imagine the moment he tries anything more strenuous than lobbing some tungsten or pressing the send button on his Twatter account, the porky-pitcher would suffer a massive coronary embolism, do the funky chicken for a second or two, and it's 'bag 'em and tag 'em' time.

As alluded to by The G, dropping 'Keith the fella Leech' from his entourage would certainly be a step in the right direction.  I fail to see what Deller brings to the table - Kebabs, KFC and other such fine dining would be my first guess!

Lewis has talent, no doubt about that, and a (very small) part of me would like to see him back at the top challenging the likes of MvG and Gary, but unless he sorts himself out, and quickly, I suspect we've seen the best of Adrian Lewis.
(02-05-2017, 02:01 PM)Boots Wrote: Snackpot, eh, what a dishevelled darter he's become.  A big year ahead?  Don't make me laugh.  I can certainly see a BIGGER shirt in his not too distant future, and that's about it I'm afraid.

Before he even contemplates a return to the winner's enclosure, Lewis needs to concentrate on his lifestyle choices.  You know, the little things like diet, exercise, having, if nothing else, the semblance of pride in one's personal performance.  Hell, just taking a bath and washing his hair every once in a while wouldn't be a bad idea according to Mrs Boots.

It's sad at the age of 32, when he should be somewhere near his peak, I can imagine the moment he tries anything more strenuous than lobbing some tungsten or pressing the send button on his Twatter account, the porky-pitcher would suffer a massive coronary embolism, do the funky chicken for a second or two, and it's 'bag 'em and tag 'em' time.

As alluded to by The G, dropping 'Keith the fella Leech' from his entourage would certainly be a step in the right direction.  I fail to see what Deller brings to the table - Kebabs, KFC and other such fine dining would be my first guess!

Lewis has talent, no doubt about that, and a (very small) part of me would like to see him back at the top challenging the likes of MvG and Gary, but unless he sorts himself out, and quickly, I suspect we've seen the best of Adrian Lewis.

A bit harsh, but there's a lot of truth in some of what you have posted.   The guy is 4th in the current PDC Order of Merit, but often plays like he's out the top 50 with halfhearted performances where it looks like he is totally disinterested in what's occurring on stage. 

I doubt there's a person that posts to this group that wouldn't be over the moon to be in his position on a weekly basis to be able to compete on the big stage in front of huge crowds with the potential to earn hefty sums of money for what was once a pub game played for pints and pride.    He needs to get the fire back in his heart for the game and play up to his potential once again.   

When he's on, he's a pleasure to watch, but for a while now he seems content to do just so much and leave a lot on the table when the games are over.
(02-05-2017, 02:46 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 02:01 PM)Boots Wrote: Snackpot, eh, what a dishevelled darter he's become.  A big year ahead?  Don't make me laugh.  I can certainly see a BIGGER shirt in his not too distant future, and that's about it I'm afraid.

A bit harsh, but there's a lot of truth in some of what you have posted.   The guy is 4th in the current PDC Order of Merit, but often plays like he's out the top 50 with halfhearted performances where it looks like he is totally disinterested in what's occurring on stage. 

I doubt there's a person that posts to this group that wouldn't be over the moon to be in his position on a weekly basis to be able to compete on the big stage in front of huge crowds with the potential to earn hefty sums of money for what was once a pub game played for pints and pride.    He needs to get the fire back in his heart for the game and play up to his potential once again.   

When he's on, he's a pleasure to watch, but for a while now he seems content to do just so much and leave a lot on the table when the games are over.

Yeah, on reflection, perhaps it was a bit strong.  I needed a rant and couldn't resist the urge to vent after my darting frustrations of the night before, and a Lewis discussion tends to bring out the best in me - lol

And you're quite right; I would give most people's right arm to have an ounce of his talent.  And yes, when he's hot he makes the game look easier than shooting fish in a leaky barrel.  And yes, he's blessed with oodles of natural talent.  And yes, that's reason enough for me to dislike him - haha. But, at a push I'm sure I could come up with a few more  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

It's interesting about those world rankings.  Am I correct in thinking they're calculated every two years?  A quick look over the last 18, 12 and 6 months shows him heading south with ranks of 5th, 7th and 14th in the world.  That's gotta be a worry for Jackpot and his mum.  Or perhaps a fair reflection of his apparent apathy for the game that has fed him so well?

Who knows...   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
The PDC Order Of Merit is based on players earnings over a 2 year period. Right now Adrian Lewis is ranked 4th.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lewis Aiming To Hook Third Title hamo 0 535 12-19-2016, 03:32 PM
Last Post: hamo
  Frosty Aiming To Freeze The Flying Scotsman hamo 8 1,358 12-16-2016, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Banz
  Taylor Aiming To Pull Clear hamo 5 1,686 04-08-2016, 07:27 PM
Last Post: kevmode