Shot Darts

New target darts help
Hi Guys!!!

Looking at buying a new pair of darts from the Target Range.

Currently using gary anderson phase 3 23g - absolute love these and get on very well using a front - middle grip.

Only thing is i feel like i am missing something from them and would love a 2nd pair of darts to compare/rotate with and thats where target comes in!! 

Target atm have the most interesting looking darts and would love to get a pair - just looking for any recommendations from you guys on here based on the current darts im using and what you use.

A few what have tickled my fancy are the Daytona Fire, Adrain lewis pixel grip & Distinction Pixel Orion.

Any help will be very much appreciated!!! 

Josh Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I know you said target.
But at the moment, the closest to a gary anderson phase 3 darts is the Winmau Danny Noppert.
It has a really good (onyx) grip and it is 2-3 mm shorter.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Sorry if it doesn't help.

You can always go for Target Phil Taylor 9Zero.
However it's only available in even weights 22g, 24g, etc.
MVG Collection: 21g Masterdarts MVG Silver/Black Ring/Gold/Black & 23g Masterdarts MVG Black
Darts Collection: Click to view my darts gallery

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I think the Lewis Pixels are the most similar to the Anderson's (dimension wise). Don't own a set of Andersons though so not sure how the grip compares. I do like the grip on the Lewis pixels, the firmer you grip them the grippier they get

Mr.K also showed you a beautiful set. I can highly recommend them, probably one of my favorite sets I own.
Taylor 9zero seem a good fit. Lewis pixel and Daytona Fire are for me too gimmicky to be a serious dart for competition or improving: start simple!

How about a carrera c4? Very popular dart on here, straight, grippy..
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

I really like the Gary Anderson phase 3 grip, but it's far too long for me and I don't like the back of the barrel where it's not as grippy. So I had a set of customs made, Gary anderson phase 3 grip but 22g 50.4mm long and 6.4mm wide with a slight taper for storm point. Should be getting them any day now, but it's another option for you.

I also have the Daytona fire like you mentioned. They have an interesting grip, not as grippy as the Anderson's but still good grip... just slightly inconcistent for me because of the shape of the barrel, it has lines that break up the grip and sometimes you feel the line and the feel of the dart is different and not round if that makes sense.

I've had the distinction darts and those are very nice darts as well, probably should of kept them. And I've thrown the Lewis pixel and also a very nice dart.

It may help us if you tell us what you feel you are missing from the Gary Anderson's that is making you want a new set
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
(01-31-2017, 11:51 PM)John_B Wrote: I really like the Gary Anderson phase 3 grip, but it's far too long for me and I don't like the back of the barrel where it's not as grippy. So I had a set of customs made, Gary anderson phase 3 grip but 22g 50.4mm long and 6.4mm wide with a slight taper for storm point. Should be getting them any day now, but it's another option for you.

I also have the Daytona fire like you mentioned. They have an interesting grip, not as grippy as the Anderson's but still good grip... just slightly inconcistent for me because of the shape of the barrel, it has lines that break up the grip and sometimes you feel the line and the feel of the dart is different and not round if that makes sense.

I've had the distinction darts and those are very nice darts as well, probably should of kept them. And I've thrown the Lewis pixel and also a very nice dart.

It may help us if you tell us what you feel you are missing from the Gary Anderson's that is making you want a new set

had the Gary's for over a year now but never really been serious about playing until the last few months - went from a few hours a week to playing at least a hour a day so been trying all different flights/stem combos but feel like they have served me well but aint 100% the dart for me but really get on with the shape/grip so would like to stay with something similar but move to target - if that makes sense?

Lewis pixel or distinction if you had the choice for just the one of them?
(01-31-2017, 10:28 PM)Mr.K Wrote: I know you said target.  
But at the moment, the closest to a gary anderson phase 3 darts is the Winmau Danny Noppert.
It has a really good (onyx) grip and it is 2-3 mm shorter.
[Image: https://i.imgur.com/ISG1TLoh.jpg]
Sorry if it doesn't help.

You can always go for Target Phil Taylor 9Zero.
However it's only available in even weights 22g, 24g, etc.

Really appreciate your opinion as it opens the net a bit wider & at £33ish they do look like a good dart to try out possibly before spending £60 on Target set just yet
(01-31-2017, 10:54 PM)WhiskyPops Wrote: Taylor 9zero seem a good fit. Lewis pixel and Daytona Fire are for me too gimmicky to be a serious dart for competition or improving: start simple!

How about a carrera c4? Very popular dart on here, straight, grippy..

I did see them and was interested but thought the Lewis Pixel looked better in a way - kind of like an upgraded version.

I do want to start playing alot more and competitively, so may look away from the daytona's/ lewis and have a look into the carrera alot more then.

Cheers1
If you want a Target dart and may not want to start with the expensive ranges give the Sport 90 range a look.

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/index.php?cPath=9_217_228
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
I have the Sport 90 extreme and the Taylor 9zero sets. Great darts!
Professional dart holder

Unicorn Purist Phase 2 and 3
Target Phil Taylor Power 9Zero
Target Sport 90 Extreme
Target Power 9Five G4

I had a set of the Taylor 9zeros. I played with them for a while then sold them. To say it was a mistake is an understatement. They are a cracking dart but a fair bit thicker than the Andos if I remember correctly.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
(02-01-2017, 12:24 AM)josh94m Wrote: had the Gary's for over a year now but never really been serious about playing until the last few months - went from a few hours a week to playing at least a hour a day so been trying all different flights/stem combos but feel like they have served me well but aint 100% the dart for me but really get on with the shape/grip so would like to stay with something similar but move to target - if that makes sense?

Lewis pixel or distinction if you had the choice for just the one of them?

I own all 3 Taylor darts and had a set of 25g Gando 3s on extended loan from GWN and much prefer the Taylors.  It's all in the grip, I love the Hero Grip on the Taylors, it's my all time favourite, but the softer Hero on the Gando 3s makes them less grippy and therefore the less I like them. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Generally speaking for me and my throw I found that the Gando3s were slightly more front biased than the Taylor 1 and 2s.  However I find the Taylor 3s (the one with the scallop) more front biased for me and the Gandos throw much like that.

I've thrown the G2 Lewis darts and the Distinctions (Pixel Orions) and I find they are different from the Taylors.  Somehow I couldn't really get on with the G2 Lewis's, I have no idea why.  I did love the Orions though, very nice.

However I don't think you should limit yourself to Target, those Winmau Nopperts are an amazing shout, if I liked the Gando3s those would most definitely be on the hit-list.
Josh, you could also get a set of Gandos in the DNA coating. May make the darts feel like a change when they really aren't.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10