Target Darts.

Changing damaged flights?
Following on from Jefferz' thread about 'putting flights to sleep' 

(Didn't want to hijack the thread)

I'm intriguied.......

Providing you have a duplicate set, how many Nutz change flights one at a time as opposed to replacing the whole set.

I personally am a 'one at a time ' guy. 

Although lately this has had me removing two perfectly good flights because the 'brand new one'(that obviously has to stay)looks odd in comparison. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I blame Jefferz Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Cheers
Tez
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
I am a "all together guy".

Simply hate to have two flights lying around somewhere.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
Most of the time it is one at a time ... but I don't wait until my flights are chewed up before replacing them so I don't have the "odd looking issue"
Board: Winmau Blade 5
Darts : One80 Bavaria SG 21g
Stems: Short Deflectagrip
Flights: Ribtex Standard
I buy stems and flights in bulk. Stems come in a big bag, flights I empty into one bag as they're all the same. Change as and when. If all three end up trashed same time I might treat myself to a different colour scheme
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
One at a time as needed.

Chris..
Usually one at a time. The only time I'll change all 3 is for a tournament, which I always like to start with fresh flights.
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

I am constantly changing ,, but not because I trash them ,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Wow, it never occurred to my to 'one-at-a-time' new flights. I'm way too 'particular.' I don't want to be able to distinguish any one of my darts from another in a given set. I just retired an entire set of L-Style when one got sliced (the other two looked like they had a long life, though). If I get a couple weeks out of a foldable flight, or a couple months from a molded flight, those are expenses I can handle.
I never throw away a good flight and have several like flights that I can just replace them as needed.
All together for me. If one goes they all do!
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

I almost always change all 3 since they mostly seem to wear pretty evenly. Now, I do keep the ones that are less nicked in a can on a table near my boards and if I have no more new ones, I'll fish out the better of the used ones to replace the worst of the lot. Every once in a while I'll get a tear on a flight, mostly on an incoming dart when hitting the tail of a flight already in the board. That one gets replaced right away.

Like already mentioned, I don't like packets of flights with only one or two in them. I just got a delivery of stems and flights from Darts Corner and for 40 sets of stems and 40 sets of flights, it was not even $55 US. That is too cheap to not keep them fresh when they get tattered.
I generally use a set for matches for 3 or 4 weeks then use a new set - the used ones then go in the practice pile for a week or two - so all at once for me
I'm not sure if it's even worth my while mentioning, but I've only had to change flights(apart from when trying out different shapes and colours) once and that was the other day. I changed them all though because even though the other 2 flights were technically playable they were getting just a little gnarled around the edges.

I think in future it will be 'all for one and one for all'

Contrastingly, with shafts, when a shaft goes I just tuck into my bag of odd N ends and see if I can find a matching one. All my shafts are now either black or clear so that policy makes sense.
Intersting discussion. I have thrown with totally destroyed flights that worked well still, but also with flights that got hit in the wrong place and made the dart dive down and right instead of straight. One by one should be fine if you dont mix up different thicknesses Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Match Darts: Target Phil Taylor gen 3, 22 g
Best 501:
19 darts
180s (2017):
 91/60

180s (2018): 87
180s (2019): 7

I'm a "change all three" guy but what I typically do, as Gumbo mentioned, is keep the better looking one or two from the set and drop them in a little poly bag for later.  That way, if I'm playing and completely destroy a flight with a robinhood or some other way, I can pull out one of those "slightly used" ones and keep on rolling.  Now, as Drolmaeye mentions, I don't want to be able to differentiate one dart from another in a set either.  Even if it's just a visual difference like flight color or single new flight, it plays with my head and that particular dart seemingly throws different.  I know in reality it doesn't but it burrows in my brain and eats at me until I change it!  Shafts, on the other hand, I'm a "one at a time" guy unless all three are fairly beat.
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5