Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Hello everyone!
Hey, all!

I'm Julian from the Netherlands and I'm brand new to this forum!
I got into darts about a year and a half ago, because of friends and because of watching it on the television.
I play steel tip, and have a Unicorn DB180 board (which I now regret getting because it looks and feels severely damaged and I'm not very impressed with the quality of the board).
I remember hitting 2 180s in 1 weekend in my first month of playing with regular cheap brass darts.
So there I was, thinking I was pretty good ( Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) and so I wanted to get my first set of tungsten darts.
I went with the Snakebite PL15 blue 24 gram version, because I thought they looked brilliant, and because Peter Wright, alongside Raymond van Barneveld and Gary Anderson, has been one of my favourite players eversince I started watching.
They are, to this day, the only tungten set I've bought, however since getting them, I've never hit a 180 again and am also not feeling any improvement in my game, despite playing several times a week. This has led me to think that perhaps they are simply not the right set of darts for me, also because I just can't get a good grip on them, I hold them differently with every throw. That's why I think that I should probably try out some other darts to see if it'll help me improve my game. 
I think a flat barrel would suit me well, and by which I mean a barrel that stays the same in width from tip to end, because I think it'll help me get a comfortable and natural grip.
Therefore I think that for example Gary Anderson or Dave Chisnall darts could suit me quite well, and would be looking to trade a pair of those for my PL15 darts, because despite that they don't fit me, I'm sure they'll come good in someone else's hands, because I'd say comfort and grip is all personal preference, and they just don't do it for me.

Does anyone here have experience with this issue, that darts don't seem to fit me? Or is it just that I'm so bad that improving is impossible?  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
And would anyone be interested in helping me find a set of darts that do fit me, and perhaps trading a pair for mine?

I'm looking forward to learning more about this beautiful game here on this forum!

- Julian
Welcome to Dartsnutz Julian, sounds like you have started to search for your ideal dart so you are definitely in good company LOL.
To discover what suits you I would recommend trying some of the less expensive brands so you don't break the bank.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Welcome!
Hi Julian. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..

Have a look at dartsclearance on eBay. They have a lot of different barrel options to purchase at great prices.
Red Dragon, Pure Darts, Darts Corner, Madhouse all have less expensive ranges with darts similar to bigger brands
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Voks Tornado points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(01-29-2017, 12:30 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Red Dragon, Pure Darts, Darts Corner, Madhouse all have less expensive ranges with darts similar to bigger brands

Good advice and welcome to the forum!
[font=Courier New][font=Arial Black]Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro[/font][/font]

Welcome to Nutz

Fair few members from the Netherlands joined recently, settle in and enjoy.

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Welcome and Enjoy,,,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome to the forum Julian
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Hi Julian and welcome aboard! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Could be because you may be felt you had more control with the brass because they are thicker.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Hello Julian, welcome aboard the Nutz forum. :hithere:
Welcome to the Nutz and the forum...Nodors are a good line to explore for testing shapes of darts- lots of shapes and great prices and nicely made.  See our sponsors - many carry this line.  I believe you have to have 5 posts, log out, then log back in to have access to the pictures on the site (and the Nutz discount codes for purchasing from our vendors).  50 posts and you can list those darts that aren't up to snuff for you and see what the members have on offer for them.

Welcome to the forum-feel free to ask any sort of questions -these folks know their  way around the Oche.
Welcome to dNf!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
Hi I used to throw John Lowe darts so I tried Phil Taylor gen 2.
They are a similar shape but cant throw Taylor's. Have found that the bomb or torpedo shape the best for consistent grip.

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
Thanks everyone! I think for example this dart (https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...oC20rw_wcB) could work for me since it's a straight barrel. Anyone got experience with it ?