Shot Darts

Hi from Torrance, CA
Hi, 

Just joined the forum, which looks a friendly place and full of great advice.

Originally from the UK, I moved to Torrance this summer and happily settling into life in the South Bay. Used to live at the other end of California about 20 years ago when I used to play (badly or at least inconsistently Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. ) in the San Francisco darts league (Laughing Bastards, Little Shamrock). Then lived in London until moving here and played every so often, mostly in random pubs that had a board. Now we have more space, I've dug out an old board and the whole family have got into playing darts in the garage. Came onto dartsnutz to find some advice about a new board (and tips for teaching kids how to play) and decided to join.

Looking forward to learning more and getting back into darts, Jon.
Hello Jon and welcome aboard, good to meet you Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Welcome to the Nutz and the forum...glad to see you're making the home Dart scene a family affair.  Try a Blade4, B4dual core, B5 or B5DC.  I have the Blade 4 DC and love it.  Looking to get B5 or a B5DC.  
Get your family on the forum as well, great fun if you like darts.

Also, try Flight School-lots of Nutz swear by it.

Again, welcome to the forum-its a great place to talk darts.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hi Jon. Welcome Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images..
Welcome Jon and glad you and your family are enjoying playing. Good luck with your choice of board
Current Board 
Blade 5 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
Welcome!
Welcome aboard!
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Welcome to Nutz

Cheers
Tez

Darts currently used ....... Target Taylor 9five Gen3 26g with Harrows short Supergrip stems and punched Target Vision Flights.

Darts owned.......... Target Taylor 9five Gen2 quattro 26g, Harrows Fire 26g, Red Dragon Falcon GT 26g, XQmax MvG gold 25g, Winmau Steve Beaton 24g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Atomised grip) 23g, Winmau Andy Fordham (Onyx) 23g, Unicorn John Part (Silver Star) 23g, Winmau Wild Roses 22g.

Board used ......... Winmau Blade 5 DC
Hi Jon. Welcome to the forum.

If looking for board recommendations, another good one to try is the Alien board
Darts in Use:
STEEL
League/Match Set: Voks 22g EL-C Crossover
Backup match set: Dynasty 20g Fallon Sherrock Soft tips (w/ Fit Point conversion points)
Home Board: Blade 4 Dual Core
SOFT
Match Set: Katana Kokutou Hisyou 17.5g  Softtips. (My principle soft tip set)
Backup Match Set: Bull's Mamba 97 16.5g
Home Board: Gran Board II

Welcome ,,,,Enjoy,,,,Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Hello Jon, welcome to the Nutz forum. :hithere:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

For the board, I'm very tempted by the Blade 5 or Blade 5DC. Minimizing 'bounce outs' is important with the family playing, as my youngest is throwing from a bit closer at the moment until he improves his aim. At least he is also improving his reflexes...

The 5DC's softness may be better for the kids too as they don't throw very hard and often have some left dangling just in the board. However, I throw some 28g darts (always preferred heavier arrows) and am worried about the durability.

There is also the issue of cost & availability. The Blade 5 can be bought for $65 from a-zdarts, but the 5DC is currently scarcer in the US and the cheapest I've found is on Amazon for just under $100. Not sure it's worth the extra $$. Any thoughts please?

Thanks, Jon.
welcome to DNF!
TITAN
Darts: Target Carrera C4 22g Black
High Out: 158 (T20-T20-D19)
English expat here but wrong state. Virginia. Good luck finding a board.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Scotty Burnett 24 Ambassador series vs3
Welcome along Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts