Target Darts.

Target Dave Chisnall 80% 22g darts review

Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fx3jb_Ai3I

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:click here

I first saw these at the Target launch last year, I was also right next to the man himself when he was checking them out for the first time too lol, I asked him "have not already seen them?" "no its the first time". Well he had a couple of throws and was hitting a few 180's in no time! I had a few throws and thought they were really nice darts so was keen to eventually get some and here we are Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. These are from Targets Players 80% range which is of course referring to the fact they are 80% tungsten. I am reviewing the 22g version and there is also a 24g and they retail for a very reasonable £22.95

CONTENTS AND PACKAGING:

The darts come in a fairly slim box and are supplied with a Target bar wallet, small point protector, short Pro Grip stems and Target Chizzy Ultra Flights:

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

PICS OF THE DARTS:

Its a stragiht barrel dart with a bull nose. There is some rings and grooves at the front and rear with some thin cut grooves painted yellow near the end but the bulk of the grip is a kind of micro grooved flat faced shark grip with lateral grooves cut along it. Its a strange grip as it sometimes feels more grippy and sometimes less grippy when you throw it, I would say overall its a medium level although it has some edginess along the lateral grooves.

DIMENSIONS:

Length:

WEIGHT:

There is a difference of six hundredths of a gram between lightest and heaviest barrels:

Weight of full setup as supplied:

BALANCE:

With nothing attached the barrel was just front of centre:

With supplied setup it moved to centre:

Balance with my own medium, inbetween, short and extra short nylon stems and standard flights:

MY GRIP WITH THESE DARTS:

Near the front as per usual but I did move my grip a little closer to the nose eventually, as I got a little more grip there:

CONCLUSION:

I think the grip on these darts is what is most likely to be the thing that determines if you like them or not. I think if your a fan of micro grip or mini shark grip you may like this too as it almost feels like a mix of those. As I mention above though it can feel different at times in its aggressivness. With a very light touch it almost feels slippy but with a little bit of pressure it is quite effective but I would still say a medium overall, so I guess it depends on how much pressure you apply when throwing the dart as to what your reaction may be.

I personally like the feel of it and although its a fairly long barrel the supplied set up seems to work just right for me and the balance was fine with my front grip. I did get a fair bit of spin but I suspect that was from the lateral grooves, on the whole it flew well and is a very pleasant dart to throw.

It had a slightly chunky feel although its not too thick at 6.6mm but I was happy with that anyway.

From the middle they were a little smoother through the air but again balance was fine and flew ok for me.

From the rear was much the same as the middle and again balance seemed fine I did get the odd dart that spun a little more though.

So as its a straight barrel dart I can see it suiting any grip positon really, its just whether you like the grip on the barrels.

The weight match was a little off but not excessively so and for a dart that has as much machining like these it was not bad all considered. At 80% tungsten I think its good to see designs like this and shows you dont really need 90% or more for every dart. So quality is fine overall.

Worth a try then and the only way you will know if you like the grip or not Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Summary Ratings:

Looks: 8 (nice looking)
Grip: 6 (1 to 10 Scale, 10 been severe grip)
Weight match: 7 (a little off)
Quality: 8 (overall good)
Value: 8.5 (good)
Suitability for me: 8.5 (good darts)

Best Feature: Grip Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

As ever great review, +1.

Not enough grip for me I think though the grip pattern is interesting. They do look chunkier than the 6.6mm.
Nice darts.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

Yea I think these look pretty nice as well. The weight is good for me and just might have to give these a try sometime this year

Thanks for an awesome review
Awesome review as ever Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I need to start doing more reviews of stuff I've got now I have more time on my hands, haha. But I'd run out eventually! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Great review as usual and great pics +1 for sure. These look pretty cool and cheap as chips, may get a set to try for that price

Member previously known as Daveheald

I found them very easy to throw at the launch, good review and pictures as always Darren +1.
Just not got around to getting these
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore black flights, Mission black points and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average
(01-28-2017, 06:23 PM)jc14 Wrote: As ever great review, +1.

Not enough grip for me I think though the grip pattern is interesting.  They do look chunkier than the 6.6mm.
Nice darts.

Thanks mate, the grip is a strange one, I think some may think its grippy and others slippy, feels closest to a micro grip I think.

(01-28-2017, 10:56 PM)SlingBlade Wrote: Yea I think these look pretty nice as well. The weight is good for me and just might have to give these a try sometime this year

Thanks for an awesome review

Cheers Tom! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-29-2017, 02:37 AM)Kosumo Wrote: Awesome review as ever Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

I need to start doing more reviews of stuff I've got now I have more time on my hands, haha. But I'd run out eventually! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Thanks Josh, get them done Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-29-2017, 06:53 AM)Rodney Wrote: Great review as usual and great pics +1 for sure.  These look pretty cool and cheap as chips, may get a set to try for that price

Cheers Rodderz! Good value really Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

:thumbup: i love this great reviews...but i hate this pictures, they make me lookin for my creditcard Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Very nice review, question when you throw darren, is the backstroke hitting your cheek ?
(01-29-2017, 10:55 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: I found them very easy to throw at the launch, good review and pictures as always Darren +1.
Just not got around to getting these

Yeah they do feel an easy dart, its a strange thing to say but hard to describe, sometimes a dart has a pleasant feel when you throw it. Cheers! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-29-2017, 11:12 AM)theblindPew Wrote: :thumbup: i love this great reviews...but i hate this pictures, they make me lookin for my creditcard Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

LOL thanks and sorry! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-29-2017, 01:30 PM)mokwai Wrote: Very nice review, question when you throw darren, is the backstroke hitting your cheek ?

Cheers!

Yeah its very annoying, I am getting quite good at throwing a dart without a flight though, I often knock the flight off as it kind of hits just under my right cheek but today I was throwing the Monster Anastasia darts and 3 times I threw the dart without a flight on and it landed point first in the board lol!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Nice review.
Have to agree ,they are a nice dart . I have them in 24g with Chizzy's signature on the box . Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Cheers,
 Ken 
Thanks for the review Darren. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good to see that they are not as thick as I thought. May will get a set. But still prefer the Lewis ones.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(01-29-2017, 04:27 PM)The G Wrote: Nice review.
Have to agree ,they are a nice dart . I have them in 24g with Chizzy's signature on the box . Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Nice you got a signed one Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

(01-29-2017, 04:48 PM)vanJupp Wrote: Thanks for the review Darren. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Good to see that they are not as thick as I thought. May will get a set. But still prefer the Lewis ones.

Thanks! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Super review and pics. The grip is very interesting to see in your high quality pics. The dart is very well priced too and tempting at that price for sure!
=========================================================================================
Darts Setup: 23g DPC Extreme Performance, Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Target Vision 100 Standard Flights, 35mm Gold CD Mk3 Points
Previous Darts Setup: 23g DPC Gun Metal Elite, Medium Black Target Pro Grip Stems, Standard Black V180 Flights, 30mm Black Grooved Storm Points

Well worth a try I think Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Target Nathan Aspinall 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 244 04-18-2021, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Chris B
  Target Glen Durrant 80 Darts Review Getagrip 5 339 04-10-2021, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Target Stephen Bunting Gen 4 Darts Review Getagrip 32 1,259 02-25-2021, 02:40 AM
Last Post: asquick
  Target Danny Baggish Gen 1 Darts Review Getagrip 20 827 02-08-2021, 03:06 PM
  Target Rob Cross Gen 2 Darts Review Getagrip 13 945 02-02-2021, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Bounce Out
  Target Orb 01 Darts Review Getagrip 8 1,074 01-25-2021, 05:04 PM
  Target Echo Darts Review Getagrip 16 899 01-18-2021, 03:36 PM
  Target Keane Barry Darts Review Getagrip 4 421 12-08-2020, 05:20 PM
  Harrows Dave Chisnall Chizzy 23g darts review Getagrip 32 4,257 11-20-2020, 02:09 PM
  Target 975 02 Darts Review Getagrip 19 1,675 11-01-2020, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Gooddark