Harrows Darts.

How Do They Throw It?
MVG is the example here
How does he just take the dart from his lower hand move it to this throwing hand and throw it all in one motion without aiming (so to speak)

I tried to do it one day out of curiosity and I pretty much fell over

Have you spent an ungodly amount of hours standing in front of that board, day after day, week after week, year after year like he has?

He's been doing this since he was a little kid, was a youth champion and is now tearing up the pro ranks with his rapid fire style, high scoring and incredible math skills when on outs. Throwing darts is second nature to him now, and has been for years.
(01-27-2017, 11:11 PM)pugtato Wrote: MVG is the example here
How does he just take the dart from his lower hand move it to this throwing hand and throw it all in one motion without aiming (so to speak)

I do this.

Obviously much less accurately. I cannot do the whole draw back, aim, then throw. All one fluid motion or I lose my rhythm and its terrible. I just look where I throw and try to throw where I look.

Some people do the whole dart backward and forwards a few times before throwing. If I do that the dart won't leave my hand anywhere near where I want it to.
First 180: 19/3/2015
Best leg 501: 12 darts (11/4/16)
Back after a hiatus, getting over dartitis 
I throw like that now but I am trying to slow down, set, aim and drawback now. When I am in a good rhythm, my fluid throw is great but when it goes bad it's really bad.
Steel Tip: 
Monster The Cobra II, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Jelle Klaasen Champagne flights
Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core
PB 501, 13 darts on July 18, 2018
PB 301, 6 darts on September 24, 2017
Soft Tip: 
Monster Rapier IV MG, Dragster intermediate shafts, L-Style Haruki Muramatsu Ver.3 Champagne flights
Hi Darts

I do it too but with nowhere even close to the accuracy he has.  Like Alex a couple of posts above, if I try and do anything but a fluid motion I'm lucky if I hit the board.

I look at the target, bring the dart up and back so that it's in line with the target and then let go.  Slight pause in the follow-through before reaching down to dog hand.  If everything goes to plan then I hit what I'm looking at.  Big IF there.   Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

He throws 'instinctively'. It's a technique. He does aim, but not the focused aiming style which say Taylor uses. Knife throwers, instinctive archers, baseball pitchers all use an instinctive throwing technique.  Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
I will tell you when I perfect it, you may be waiting a very long time though Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
talent is what mvg have
that we dont ....

its more than throwing style or technique....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(01-31-2017, 03:56 PM)Dartaddict1973 Wrote: talent is what mvg have
that we dont ....

its more than throwing style or technique....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a given.   Some people are just naturals at things most mere mortals would struggle to duplicate no matter how much they try.

Kind of like boxers as an analogy.    Take Paulie Mallignaggi who is a former world champion who's punching power is like two well cushioned pillows at the end of his arms and Manny Pacquaio who is basically the same size and weight and he seems to have bricks for fists.    Two guys, two different results with Manny having the superior power from natural ability honed by intense training.
80% talent and 20% honing that talent

MVG, Lewis Hamilton, Rory Mcilroy, Kobe Bryant, Ali, those that rise to the top of their sport are usually 80/20 ish on the talent split

the further down the rankings you get in any sport the more that split changes imo