Japanese Quality Darts and Dart Accessories shop.

Is PHIL TAYLOR is set to RETIRE as PDC announce 2017's circuit will be his last ... ?
https://www.skysports.com/darts/news/122...his-career
NATURAL DARTS? https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=22147

A beginner - always experimenting and learning. Lol! Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
Be a shame to see him go. I think he was talking to Dan Dawson and confirmed 2017 is his last year.

As the chants go... there's only one Phil Taylor.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

"And the devil did grin; for his darling sin is pride that apes humility." - Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Current setup:

Cosmo Juggler Queen 2nd 400 (18g) + One80 Reflex conversion points
Cosmo Carbon #8 locked stem
Cosmo Fit Flight Juggler yellow (ocean design)

High checkout: 124 (T20, T14, D11, steeltip)
Best 501 leg: 20 darts
Didn't he say that he would play every event he would be seeded into while he won't be playing any qualifications? Didn't he somehow mentioned also the PL 2018? My english isn't that good when it comes to listening and what is more, I didn't listen to the whole interview, just caught some bits...
One constant is a certainty in this world. Nothing lasts forever. If we manage to live to a ripe old age, time, illness and wear and tear take its toll on the mind and body. We can't do the things we once took for granted. We don't have the stamina we once had. We don't heal as quickly, even from minor injuries.

In Taylor's case, I can't imagine standing in front of a dart board for several hours a day, years on end to hone his game to what it became, and carry on playing on that level for decades. Take into consideration the amount of air miles he has under his belt, the number of hotel rooms, fast food meals, exhibitions in various venues and other aspects of the harried lifestyle he has led and it's a wonder he has lasted this long, especially at the level of play he has maintained.

I say it's time to sit back and enjoy the fruits of his labor while he still can.
Taylor said that Hearn would could invite him to the PL and World Series next year, but I don't think he will do (or something like that).
(01-27-2017, 10:46 PM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: Taylor said that Hearn would could invite him to the PL and World Series next year, but I don't think he will do (or something like that).

Think Taylor said, thatt Barry Hearn wants him to play the PL and World Series, but that he is not sure if he wants to play there.
Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.

Winmau - Andy Fordham SE
(01-27-2017, 10:38 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Didn't he say that he would play every event he would be seeded into while he won't be playing any qualifications? Didn't he somehow mentioned also the PL 2018? My english isn't that good when it comes to listening and what is more, I didn't listen to the whole interview, just caught some bits...

I think you're correct, however Phil Taylor has always set the bar very high for himself and I doubt that he will continue once his form drops below his standards regardless of being seeded.

We all know that money was/is his motivation to a great degree but pride in his performances has been his main aim in recent times and if he starts losing regularly, he will drop out and try and find another life.

Love him or hate him but always show him due respect for his dartmanship.

He has been only man on the planet who's been so consistently good at his chosen sport that he's been able to maintain a position at the top of his sport for decades.

Cheers
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Mission "KURO" M4 rear taper design- 23GmYellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

Awww man didn't get a chance to see him live. Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images.
He's best to go out whilst still in the top 4, next year he'll be top 10, year after top 20, the slide will continue, .....get out now Phil, it's over, MVG has arrived.
Yeah I think unless he has some new resurgence of super form this is probably for the best.
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

I think he may play some invites
but that's about all
DARTS-Unicorn Taylor Phase 5 / Target Gen1 26g (why change for something else that probably doesn't work lol)
SHAFTS-Target power gen 1 intermediate
FLIGHTS-Crafty Cockney
BOARD-Winmau blade 5 dual core
BOARD-Winmau Diamond (for practice)
BOARD-unicorn eclipse HD trainer board (for a laugh)
SET UP-Wall mounted cabinet,"Ockeys" Oche,Target Corona surround light
HOWAY THE LADS Guests cannot see images in the messages. Please register at the forum by clicking here to see images. "BRUCE OUT" 

(01-28-2017, 04:33 AM)dog Wrote: He's best to go out whilst still in the top 4, next year he'll be top 10, year after top 20, the slide will continue, .....get out now Phil, it's over, MVG has arrived.

Taylor is ranked 6th in the world.
He threw a 104 ave last night I think which is enough to win it if he can keep it up. If.
During the worlds he threw 102, 92, 101 and 95. Which probably shows his problem due to age no doubt. Back in the day that 95 ave would have beaten nearly all comers but the top ten can outmatch that now.

I don't like this year long good bye. Every comp now is going to be about Phil's last. That bugs me. Stay or go but don't faff about. Attention seeking IMO.
Currently throwing 20g Wades badly at an Eclipse Pro

The Greatest dart player EVER - the Phil haters are getting their wish but I tell anyone whose listening THE POWER IS WAS THE BEST EVER! and he still has game for all you doubters.
(01-28-2017, 06:44 PM)*Saber* Wrote: The Greatest dart player EVER - the Phil haters are getting their wish but I tell anyone whose listening THE POWER IS WAS THE BEST EVER! and he still has game for all you doubters.

Sign...  :thumbup: i have never been a big taylor fan, but he has deserved his long year good bye. 

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phil Taylor Phase 1, World Champion or something else? Humdinger 13 2,486 02-08-2021, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Spangle
  Phil Taylor’s last match darts? Snakemau 7 469 02-05-2021, 06:55 AM
Last Post: pkittle
Information Phil Taylor Datadarts Gary Meehan 3 291 11-10-2020, 11:30 PM
Last Post: Gary Meehan
  Phil taylor phase 5 JayKay 4 273 09-26-2020, 06:35 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Phil Taylor Darts From Home mc1958 22 1,433 06-05-2020, 10:11 AM
Last Post: barneyarmy
  Phil Taylor & The 2008 PDC World Championship LethalEagle 3 689 03-29-2020, 06:10 PM
Last Post: sjmattitude1982
  Phil Taylor phase 1-5 darts set-ups Wayne23uk 4 841 01-12-2020, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Wayne23uk
  PHIL TAYLOR, GOOD FOR DARTS! PREACHERMAN 26 1,239 09-30-2019, 04:13 AM
Last Post: PREACHERMAN
  Unicorn Legend Phil Taylor Darts: Any info about them? vanJupp 3 573 04-07-2019, 05:39 PM
Last Post: vanJupp
  Target Phil Taylor Gen 3 20g Soft-tip Question bkbum 0 279 03-19-2019, 09:05 AM
Last Post: bkbum